Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You can't actually tell from what he posted. 7SAY is the beginning of all MY VINs. We need the 11th digit F or A to know what factory.
Sorry I meant Fremont built... I thought all 7SAs were from Fremont based on Tesla VIN decoder.

1678132177030.png

Sorry I meant Fremont built... I thought all 7SAs were from Fremont based on Tesla VIN decoder.

View attachment 914580
I think in late 2021 when Tesla changed from 2021 to 2022 model year they started using 7SA instead of 5YJ for all Model Y. This was before Austin was producing cars. Now both Fremont and Austin have 7SA at the start of the VIN. Only that 11th digit of F or A tells us what factory. I think some of those VIN decoders are out of date as they are referencing when Austin wasn't producing yet so all MY were out of Fremont.

I think in late 2021 when Tesla changed from 2021 to 2022 model year they started using 7SA instead of 5YJ for all Model Y. This was before Austin was producing cars. Now both Fremont and Austin have 7SA at the start of the VIN. Only that 11th digit of F or A tells us what factory. I think some of those VIN decoders are out of date as they are referencing when Austin wasn't producing yet so all MY were out of Fremont.
Thanks for the clarification!!!

MYLR: Dark Silver/Black/19 inch/6K FSD for hwy
O/D: Jan 30th
EDD was: 3/23-3/31 BUT got pushed out yesterday (with no explanation of course) to 4/22-5/27

wondering if it's worth even holding on to pre-order now!!
Tried to call Tesla to see if I could get some semblance of a reason, but the usual BS was given!!!

It is amazing 10+ years and still struggling with reasonable prediction - forget accurate!!!

I was checking the waiting for tesla inventory drops historical lists and I think I may have found mine. The only discrepancy seems to be that the VINs have some hexidecimal mixed in, instead of straight Alpha and 0-9. Can anyone decode this?
7SAY256_ecd3eac9db4c2bffdcbfd011cdfae15a
Mine starts with 7SAY, but the rest is all different. And as we all know, there are a lot of 7SAYs out there. VINs have 17 charachters and this one has 41.

OD 1/27 - White/Black/19
last EDD 3/17 - 3/31.
still no VIN; I would like to change White to MSM, but afraid that would delay the DD.
OD 1/20 W/B 19 tow. I am thinking of doing the same but to red. If I'm not going to get it before my financing expires then I'm going to get what I actually wanted and just wait as long as it takes. Giving it until Friday...

Reactions: monkft and JessicaG
MYLR: Dark Silver/Black/19 inch/6K FSD for hwy
O/D: Jan 30th
EDD was: 3/23-3/31 BUT got pushed out yesterday (with no explanation of course) to 4/22-5/27

wondering if it's worth even holding on to pre-order now!!
You got bumped to the 2nd quarter production run like we did and in nearly the same way.. ours was 3/20-3/31. In terms of cancelling the preorder, better off waiting - what have you got to lose?

MYLR, MSM, Black Interior, Gemini Wheels, 5 Seater, NorCal
OD: Jan 17th
First EDD: Feb 3 - Mar 3
Second EDD: Feb 12 - 26
Third EDD: Feb 23 - Mar 23
Fourth EDD: Feb 28 - Mar 14
Fifth EDD: Mar 1 - Mar 14
Sixth EDD: Mar 2 - Mar 14
Seventh EDD: Mar 3 - Mar 14
Eight EDD: Mar 4 - Mar 14
Ninth EDD: Mar 5 - Mar 14
Tenth EDD: Mar 6 - Mar 14

Today @ 7 am VIN assigned. Fremont build
Today @ 9 am delivery scheduled for Friday the 10th!

As soon I posted this message, I got my VIN for my car. VIN starts with 7SAY.... not sure if it is Freemont or Austin build. its asking for Insurance. without delivery date, can I get the Insurance? appreciate your input
Hi Chaara,

I have same order date and same configuration and same vin start . Received the car 03/04 Long Island NY.

Yes, she can take the delivery. Make sure she logins on the Tesla app with your id.

@Pirahna
@Al a Meda
Any updates from you guys?

I believe we are all in the same boat.

OD: 1/14
EDD: 2/7 - 2/18
Bay Area
White / Black LRMY 19"
No VIN yet.......
Still no VIN. Got a text 18 days ago that they expect to have my in in 1-2 weeks. No response to any texts to the 510 number in the last week.

You got bumped to the 2nd quarter production run like we did and in nearly the same way.. ours was 3/20-3/31. In terms of cancelling the preorder, better off waiting - what have you got to lose?
my condolences ertrek on you getting bumped out too, but I suppose you are correct, wait and pray is perhaps all we CAN do at this point!!! Had I NOT gotten the pre-order at the lower price, I would've jumped at an inventory (which are coming and going in a blip) OR cancelled.