Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Cleveland ,OH has a Red with Black 19" available for pickup - if you are from any of these states - IN, KY, MI, OH, WV, try and grab it :)

I wish I could, some of my friends got cars from the same location. while am still waiting as am in NC.

My VIN was PA080xxx and it was built in Austin on 02/17/2023 and took the delivery on 03/02/203. So, PA078XXX is probably a reject or someone cancelled.
This is bumming me out.....my VIN is PA069xxx and was assigned Mar 2....still waiting to take delivery. What interesting was I asked SA in a showroom if the VIN was assigned to someone else before me and he said no. Was he not telling the truth or the car took that long to make? 🤷‍♂️

Does anybody know when the vin assigned, that means the car built already?
VIN is assigned when all parts of the car is ready about to be assembled. As some of the parts need the VIN to be etched/marked. Car is built after VIN is assigned. It can take a couple of days - depending on how fast the factory is producing the cars. Can be even hours as we've seen some factories can spit out cars from start to finish within hours.

Cleveland ,OH has a Red with Black 19" available for pickup - if you are from any of these states - IN, KY, MI, OH, WV, try and grab it :)

I wish I could, some of my friends got cars from the same location. while am still waiting as am in NC.

If you're content with a 7 seater, there's one with your color at Raleigh itself. Grab it if you want it ;)

Last edited:
7 seater option or 20 inch wheels or MYP does not make sense to me :D, I need range and comfort

I can even trade off white interior, if I find a R/B, 19" MYLR - inventory in NC seems to be really low.
That's true.. until about 2 days back there's not been a single MYLR (5 or 7 seater) in Raleigh inventory for weeks. If I find one, I'd be happy to alert you.
Btw... I need range and comfort as well. That's why I never changed mine from 19 inch to 20 inch or from MYLR to MYP or from MYLR to SR. Color change is something I can live with.

Good article. Seems like they kind of ignore battery mineral mining effects. I’ll have to read up on what is included in “battery manufacturing”, but it seems like this is saying, for example, lithium just appears at the store for manufacturers to use in manufacturing like ground beef at the grocery store… the carbon footprint isn’t just how much propane I use to cook a burger. You can’t ignore the fact that someone has to raise a cow, butcher it, package it, and transport it to the grocery store first. All that has effects (worth it in my opinion). Similarly, battery ‘pollution’ starts at mineral extraction. If Fracking is bad, so is lithium, cobalt, nickel, aluminum, manganese, graphite, etc., etc. mining. Solar is a good point though, if you power your whole house and car through solar off the grid, that’s gonna be low on carbon (still have mining/manufacturing of solar panels), but 99% of homes even with solar (like mine) are still on the grid and some power comes from/or is traded for power from other sources.

I’m not for or against any of this, just a realist and want to always see the whole picture. I am in a Natural Gas/coal state, which is fine, really I’m just here for the torque. 😎

If anyone upgrade to MYP , does Tesla adjust the price to the price at the time you order or they keep increase to the current price? Thank you.
That seems to be hit or miss. Some people have reported that SA has honored the price from the time you originally purchased the car, some people have reported SA told them it was impossible. I would contact your SA for sure, but YMMV.

My VIN was PA080xxx and it was built in Austin on 02/17/2023 and took the delivery on 03/02/203. So, PA078XXX is probably a reject or someone cancelled.

My VIN was PA072xxx and it was build in Austin on 02/09/2023. It is unlikely the Gigafactory can built 10,000 cars per day.

I'm in SoCal. The MY is an Austin build, PA086xxx
Me sitting here with a PA073 vin assigned for nearly a month and a TBD delivery date 😂🫠🙃

That's true.. until about 2 days back there's not been a single MYLR (5 or 7 seater) in Raleigh inventory for weeks. If I find one, I'd be happy to alert you.
Btw... I need range and comfort as well. That's why I never changed mine from 19 inch to 20 inch or from MYLR to MYP or from MYLR to SR. Color change is something I can live with.
Thank you ! Anything other than black exterior am fine as well (done with black though its beautiful), I dont like white too, but I can wrap it to look different. I am really waiting for you and Bob to pickup your cars. hopefully mine gets a new EDD. It is border line frustrating to see that the current EDD in June.

Reactions: FanboyNC
Good article. Seems like they kind of ignore battery mineral mining effects. I’ll have to read up on what is included in “battery manufacturing”, but it seems like this is saying, for example, lithium just appears at the store for manufacturers to use in manufacturing like ground beef at the grocery store… the carbon footprint isn’t just how much propane I use to cook a burger. You can’t ignore the fact that someone has to raise a cow, butcher it, package it, and transport it to the grocery store first. All that has effects (worth it in my opinion). Similarly, battery ‘pollution’ starts at mineral extraction. If Fracking is bad, so is lithium, cobalt, nickel, aluminum, manganese, graphite, etc., etc. mining. Solar is a good point though, if you power your whole house and car through solar off the grid, that’s gonna be low on carbon (still have mining/manufacturing of solar panels), but 99% of homes even with solar (like mine) are still on the grid and some power comes from/or is traded for power from other sources.

I’m not for or against any of this, just a realist and want to always see the whole picture. I am in a Natural Gas/coal state, which is fine, really I’m just here for the torque. 😎
So true! This also means you can't ignore all the "hidden" inefficiencies associated with ICE infrastructure as well - surveying, drilling, shipping, refining, distribution, storage, maintenance on everything and additional power usage by the station AND associated fuel pumps. Not to mention the gas storage tanks can be environmentally problematic especially aging tanks.

Would be nice if we could get the "real" picture of traditional ICE (and EV) manufacturing including production energy costs, Water usage and other, materials cost and usage, waste byproducts and so on. Don't forget ICE vehicles also use rare earth metals in things like glass, alloys, catalysts etc - certainly to a lesser extent than EVs but still worth mentioning. As I indicated before, there is so much disinformation out there both pro and con..

Reactions: ATG1 and slyderz3
It’s really that there’s a lot of variables and can be like comparing apples to oranges. One pollutes one way, but not another, so the focus gets put on the areas that are obvious.

Would be nice if we could get the "real" picture of traditional ICE (and EV) manufacturing including production energy costs, Water usage and other, materials cost and usage, waste byproducts and so on.
Maybe someday! 🤞

Reactions: ATG1 and erktrek
I have not seen this raised on the forum so asking - but I am planning to pick my car up tomorrow. Tesla just asked for the remaining balance outside of the Tesla loan. I am skeptical to give then thousands of dollars when I have not seen the car. Is it just me?