Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have not seen this raised on the forum so asking - but I am planning to pick my car up tomorrow. Tesla just asked for the remaining balance outside of the Tesla loan. I am skeptical to give then thousands of dollars when I have not seen the car. Is it just me?
Is not mandatory for NC state. You can take a cashier's check on the day of delivery. My friend did that at Raleigh, NC. Why don't you ask them about this?

Good article. Seems like they kind of ignore battery mineral mining effects. I’ll have to read up on what is included in “battery manufacturing”, but it seems like this is saying, for example, lithium just appears at the store for manufacturers to use in manufacturing like ground beef at the grocery store… the carbon footprint isn’t just how much propane I use to cook a burger. You can’t ignore the fact that someone has to raise a cow, butcher it, package it, and transport it to the grocery store first. All that has effects (worth it in my opinion). Similarly, battery ‘pollution’ starts at mineral extraction. If Fracking is bad, so is lithium, cobalt, nickel, aluminum, manganese, graphite, etc., etc. mining. Solar is a good point though, if you power your whole house and car through solar off the grid, that’s gonna be low on carbon (still have mining/manufacturing of solar panels), but 99% of homes even with solar (like mine) are still on the grid and some power comes from/or is traded for power from other sources.

I’m not for or against any of this, just a realist and want to always see the whole picture. I am in a Natural Gas/coal state, which is fine, really I’m just here for the torque.
Tesla's vision is that there will come a day when the critical component extraction process will be adequately efficient and there will be enough scrapped batteries available to negate the need for mining. Wow! What a thought!

If anyone upgrade to MYP , does Tesla adjust the price to the price at the time you order or they keep increase to the current price? Thank you.

It is very easy to find out.

just go to your Tesla web account (not app) and click “edit design”, then select performance.
do not be afraid to do so, it will show you the new price and you need to approve by click a button.

I tried this when I got bored/frustrated waiting a few days ago, and it gave me the old January price ($4k higher than LR).
Both of my adult boys wanted me to upgrade (one owns a MSP ludicrous) but my wife wants one with comfort ride, she is the boss.

MYLR Blue/Black/19/Tow.
OD: 1/20
VIN:2/21
Schedule delivery email: 3/1
Delivery scheduled for 3/9 (today).

Delivery was confirmed yesterday 6pm. This morning my SA called to say that for reasons he cannot disclose (said all personnel are affected), they will be closed today until Monday and my delivery must be rescheduled to Monday. This is a major inconvenience as we let go of the other car yesterday (and moved things around at work) as we were taking delivery today, so now we may end up having to rent a car until Monday. The car is there, ready to go in their parking lot (saw it the other day).

Me sitting here with a PA073 vin assigned for nearly a month and a TBD delivery date 😂🫠🙃
That series got lost in the SpaceX mission.
On a serious note find something from inventory and swap it they will give you on old price if you are able to contact someone from your tesla dealer ship.
that's what i did
I had the same vin PA073 (TBD EDD since day 1)
2 days before changed from inventory got new VIN PA080 and the delivery is tomorrow.

• Funny
Reactions: BailMY
IMG20230308180955.jpg

How on earth is that tail light within specifications? Either the service center teams are super annoyed by the amount of work they are getting or, Tesla has very very poorly agreed upon specification limits. Below is the tail light on the right side which looks so much better than the left
IMG20230308181002.jpg

Nice... happy for you.. Was this before or after you attempted to cancel?... btw... remember I told you the other day that Fl, Tucson guys who ordered after me were getting their VINs. You're now a living example of no consistency in their EDDs. As a good friend of mine @ghostrider78 told me once, "If we knew the arithmetic/logic behind the production ordering, sequencing and delivery of Teslas, we could open up a consulting firm and make money out of it" ;)
I never attempted to cancel. Even if I’d bought a Toyota the other day, I’d have let the order ride and let them transport it to Tucson and just not responded and let it time out (give them a little if their own communication style).

This whole thread is living proof of their inconsistent EDD’s. I just find it hilariously ironic that the very day they blew off my 3/10-3/31 EDD and moved it out to May 21 was when my car was actually going through the assembly line in Austin. There’s something seriously wrong with that picture. I think they’re purposefully screwing with everyone who ordered at the all time low prices. Every $52,990 MYLR customer they can get to cancel their order let’s them sell it to someone at $54,990 base price. If I’d have cancelled, they would have assigned my car to someone ordering later at $1500-2000 more which helps their bottom line.

I never attempted to cancel. Even if I’d bought a Toyota the other day, I’d have let the order ride and let them transport it to Tucson and just not responded and let it time out (give them a little if their own communication style).

This whole thread is living proof of their inconsistent EDD’s. I just find it hilariously ironic that the very day they blew off my 3/10-3/31 EDD and moved it out to May 21 was when my car was actually going through the assembly line in Austin. There’s something seriously wrong with that picture. I think they’re purposefully screwing with everyone who ordered at the all time low prices. Every $52,990 MYLR customer they can get to cancel their order let’s them sell it to someone at $54,990 base price. If I’d have cancelled, they would have assigned my car to someone ordering later at $1500-2000 more which helps their bottom line.
One thing I can think of with regards to all these wild swings maybe logistics. They would need commitment from their logistics partner as to what they could transport and with the surge of orders in Jan maybe they couldn’t get enough support in this area and were trying to secure this through any means necessary. Logistics also could be impacted by all the weird weather patterns we are seeing across the country as there could be delays and cancellations.

Just scheduled for pickup at Tesla Irvine SC on Sunday 3/12. SA got back to me with a built date of 2/21 and approximate 8 miles on the odometer. I will see how the inspection go on the day and try not speculate too much. Probably trying to run there (~1.5 mile) to release my stress level first ... 😄
Congrats and all the best, It could also be a transportation delay, my car’s build date is Feb 25th Feb but my delivery is scheduled for Mar 16th as it’s in transit from Fremont to Raleigh

That's true.. until about 2 days back there's not been a single MYLR (5 or 7 seater) in Raleigh inventory for weeks. If I find one, I'd be happy to alert you.
Btw... I need range and comfort as well. That's why I never changed mine from 19 inch to 20 inch or from MYLR to MYP or from MYLR to SR. Color change is something I can live with.
It’s a new record in Raleigh, never seen a car sitting in inventory for more than few hours and here we have a red one available for one plus day. And it’s still there.

Reactions: FanboyNC
There had been a lot frustration on the inconsistent EDD on this thread.
And some even came up conspiracy theory.

Here is my opinion and I totally respect all other opinions.

I do not believe Tesla is in the business to get those with lower prices to cancel, so that they can sell the car to make a few bucks more.
Their interest should/must be to sell as many cars as possible, they would not get some customers upset and turn away from Tesla forever.
In Chinese, we call this "Killing the chicken to get the eggs (that are not out yet)".

They do need to improve communication and do better EDD "estimates".
And I hope someone (in Tesla public relationship) is reading all these forums to improve their practices.
But I really doubt they would upset a large number of customers to make $2K more risking losing these customers for a $53K deal each.

-------

I know it is easy for me to say this since my EDD changed only once EDD1 (1/23): 2/27-3/31, EDD2 (2/28): 3/14-3/31.
If my EDD dates were jerked many times back and forth like some of you had suffered, I probably would not be so calm.