Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How much energy will be required to recycle batteries? Where will this energy come from? If it comes from renewable sources such as solar or wind, how about the energy required to build the solar cells and wind generators? ;)
How much energy is required to extract and refine petrolium products? Between the drilling, fracking, pipeline distribution, and trucking of refined products there is quite a bit of energy used there. Not to mention that an electric motor is way more efficient than an ice motor. Source Motor Trend: Electric Vehicles Are Way, Way More Energy-Efficient Than Internal Combustion Vehicles.

1678395387321.png
1678395440768.png

There is NO inventory for the Pacific Northwest... ask me how I know :p Been clicking very 2 mins for the last 3 weeks.... Tesla is (has been) shipping to the farther corner (FL, OH, VA, NC and ...TX (!!??) ) in preparation for the Q1 push. I expect most of the inventory will all be routed to PacNw and the Rockies starting 3/20/23
I wasn't seeing inventory here in GA too but was seeing in other states next to GA but i realized GA cars are only available to FL and vice-versa but since past 6 days they are popping up a lot especially in FL

For those who are looking to find a new MYLR inventory (before March 30th)on waitingfortesla.com, you may want to make sure the vehicle listed has atleast 1 mile. I was talking to one of the St.Louis store employee and he said he cannot assign the car to me (it had 0 miles listed) since it doesn't have a VIN. The tesla chat number said the delivery date will be 15 days out. I was surprised to find out later that the car was not built yet.

• Informative
Reactions: FanboyNC
...for example, lithium just appears at the store for manufacturers to use in manufacturing like ground beef at the grocery store… the carbon footprint isn’t just how much propane I use to cook a burger.
a carbon footprint line has to be drawn somewhere for multiple reasons - otherwise, you would include the fuel used by the vehicles to extract the minerals, and even the carbon footprint to manufacture those vehicles, and so forth and so on. you also have to factor in "who is responsible for what emissions?". I worked on carbon reporting software for years and companies have to ensure that there's not double coverage of GHGs. it's literally a science to track all of that data that goes well beyond what I can fathom. I'm definitely an idiot, but the ownership of emissions and delineation of who is responsible for what makes me downright brain dead.

Delivery issues aside, I am thinking that the MYP, especially at $54990 is a great deal. My primary concern is the staggered wheels and having to pay so much to replace tires. I have never owned a vehicle set up with staggered wheels.

I went back and forth with that since the difference between the MYP configuration and I ordered, and the MYLR I eventually switched/matched to was only $500. In the end, it was the tires, replacement, ride and the higher insurance cost led me to switch to a MYLR..

There had been a lot frustration on the inconsistent EDD on this thread.
And some even came up conspiracy theory.

Here is my opinion and I totally respect all other opinions.

I do not believe Tesla is in the business to get those with lower prices to cancel, so that they can sell the car to make a few bucks more.
Their interest should/must be to sell as many cars as possible, they would not get some customers upset and turn away from Tesla forever.
In Chinese, we call this "Killing the chicken to get the eggs (that are not out yet)".
Clearly, you have never listened to a TSLA earnings call ... 🙃
TSLA's Gross Margin is scrutinized by wall street, investors, short-sellers...

They do need to improve communication and do better EDD "estimates".
And I hope someone (in Tesla public relationship) is reading all these forums to improve their practices.
But I really doubt they would upset a large number of customers to make $2K more risking losing these customers for a $53K deal each.

LOL!! Tesla does NOT have a public relation dept... furthermore.. they have (virtually) no Customer Service. Fortunately, I don't bicker much and the only service my 4 yrs old 2019 Model 3 has had in the last 4 yrs is the refill of windshield fluids, which I can handle myself.

These Tesla Fkers still owes me $100 for solar quote to which they NEVER processed and cancelled on me. Never returned the "$100 Solar deposit - fully refundable". The TESLA customer service is the armpit of the service industry. I put up with it because I've owned the stocks for the last 10 yrs and the Tesla car is 2nd to none. 🙃

It is very easy to find out.

just go to your Tesla web account (not app) and click “edit design”, then select performance.
do not be afraid to do so, it will show you the new price and you need to approve by click a button.

I tried this when I got bored/frustrated waiting a few days ago, and it gave me the old January price ($4k higher than LR).
Both of my adult boys wanted me to upgrade (one owns a MSP ludicrous) but my wife wants one with comfort ride, she is the boss.
You are indeed a good employee.

The MYP is a relative bargain considering that for the same price as a MYLR with 20" wheels + acceleration boost, you also get:

• Guaranteed matrix headlights
  • Even faster 0-60 time (But, even 4.8s is still faster than the vast majority of automobiles on the road.)
  • Red caliper covers
  • Rear "spoiler"
  • 20 MPH faster top speed (When and where are you going to legally and safely go 135 MPH - let alone 155 MPH?)
  • Aluminum pedal covers

But, you also get:

• Less range
  • 21" wheels (with much more expensive tires) that are even more prone to curb rash and pothole damage than the 20" wheels
  • 1" less ground clearance
  • Stiffer, noisier ride

Also, I'd check into insurance to see if the insurance premium for the higher-performance MYP is acceptable to you.

For me, the disadvantages of the MYP outweigh the advantages regardless of price. I'd recommend thinking long and hard about choosing a MYP over a MYLR.
Does the P version come with RED caliper covers or painted?

EDD updated on 2/5: 3/15 to 3/31

I've been checking the Tesla app obsessively so it's about time I got some good news 🙃
Finally a worth while update after so long.

EDD updated on 2/14: 3/23 to 3/31
EDD updated on 2/28: 3/18 to 3/31
VIN assigned today (3/9): PA087XXX

The EDD no longer shows but supposedly that's a common thing that happens and not an issue so I'm not worried, just anxious

There is NO inventory for the Pacific Northwest... ask me how I know :p Been clicking very 2 mins for the last 3 weeks.... Tesla is (has been) shipping to the farther corner (FL, OH, VA, NC and ...TX (!!??) ) in preparation for the Q1 push. I expect most of the inventory will all be routed to PacNw and the Rockies starting 3/20/23
I hope you you are using the Discord app and the waitingfortesla.com discord channel. Setup alerts for the states you are looking for. That was very helpful and how I found my car. And it is way better than searching for inventory on tesla.com for a specific zip code.

All those whose dates were pulled in to March, you may want to call the TESLA phone number and ask for your soft delivery date (which is what they've planned for now). After looking at reddit forums. and having seen people call, I decided to call as well. After an hour's wait, I got through and they gave me a rough date of April 12 to April 16. They can do everything they can to deliver in March (or so he said), but for now they see in their system that this is setup for April 12 to April 16. Sorry to be the harbinger of bad news. 😢😢😢

@davemc @erktrek @BobSNC fingers crossed. They just kept saying March is just an EDD which they will try to fulfil but for now April 12 to April 16 is the date they see in their system. Either these guys have the updated date, or they don't have the updated date after the dates were pulled in to March. Why would they pull the dates into March 2 days back? Beats me!!!

Last edited:
I noticed that too. Utah, Washington/Idaho, Oregon almost nothing for weeks.

Last edited:
Reactions: beewang
All those whose dates were pulled in to March, you may want to call the TESLA phone number and ask for your soft delivery date (which is what they've planned for now). After looking at reddit forums. and having seen people call, I decided to call as well. After an hour's wait, I got through and they gave me a rough date of April 12 to April 16. They can do everything they can to deliver in March (or so he said), but for now they see in their system that this is setup for April 12 to April 16. Sorry to be the harbinger of bad news. 😢😢😢
My date used to be April 3 to May 15 at one point but was pulled up to March and I got the VIN today. I feel as though they are making pretty good progress on March EDD orders but there will definitely be some people that are pushed back to April again (Happened to a family friend of mine). Overall I think it's fairly random how it's determined who will get a VIN number and who won't.

Also I doubt this had any effect but I did just place an order for a mobile charger as well as an additional J1772 adapter for emergencies just yesterday. Likely a coincidence but still weird.