Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Finally a worth while update after so long.

EDD updated on 2/14: 3/23 to 3/31
EDD updated on 2/28: 3/18 to 3/31
VIN assigned today (3/9): PA087XXX

The EDD no longer shows but supposedly that's a common thing that happens and not an issue so I'm not worried, just anxious
Just realized I had to login to the website to say I wanna move forward with delivery. EDD of 3/21 to 3/28, can't wait!

Payment info is right on the website.
It's like people unwilling to read an owner's manual to find an answer they are seeking.

Attachments

• TeslaPayment.jpg
    TeslaPayment.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 98
  • Helpful
Reactions: BailMY and erktrek
All those whose dates were pulled in to March, you may want to call the TESLA phone number and ask for your soft delivery date (which is what they've planned for now). After looking at reddit forums. and having seen people call, I decided to call as well. After an hour's wait, I got through and they gave me a rough date of April 12 to April 16. They can do everything they can to deliver in March (or so he said), but for now they see in their system that this is setup for April 12 to April 16. Sorry to be the harbinger of bad news. 😢😢😢

@davemc @erktrek @BobSNC fingers crossed. They just kept saying March is just an EDD which they will try to fulfil but for now April 12 to April 16 is the date they see in their system. Either these guys have the updated date, or they don't have the updated date after the dates were pulled in to March. Why would they pull the dates into March 2 days back? Beats me!!!
This is crazy, hoping the delivery happens in March. If yours gets delayed. Mine might go into June/July.

Reactions: erktrek
Ya I saw that but it does not say what the Payable to will be and could not find it on the website. I guess its wrong of me to ask a question to make sure I do it right.
Well you could leave it blank and send it to me - I'll be happy to take care of things! 😎

Yeah kinda wondered the same thing but figured I would check with the SA before going in. Don't want to cause any unnecessary delays!

• Funny
Reactions: beewang
My date used to be April 3 to May 15 at one point but was pulled up to March and I got the VIN today. I feel as though they are making pretty good progress on March EDD orders but there will definitely be some people that are pushed back to April again (Happened to a family friend of mine). Overall I think it's fairly random how it's determined who will get a VIN number and who won't.

Also I doubt this had any effect but I did just place an order for a mobile charger as well as an additional J1772 adapter for emergencies just yesterday. Likely a coincidence but still weird.
Yours was initially estimated to be that date before they pulled you in. What I inferred from my conversation was that it was always an April-May date for me and when they saw the possibility of a March delivery, they showed the EDD as such. This is what he said verbatim "I see a March to April delivery for you, with a VIN assignment between April 12 to 16. If it's from Austin you'll get it within 1 week and if it's from Fremont, 2 weeks. The factory and logistics department can always change these dates, advance or postpone, at which time your EDD will again change. We can see a broader picture compared to what you can see in your account, and this is what I see". I then asked him if there was a possibility of a March delivery to which he said "If the factory and logistics department adjust the dates based on several factors, you may get in March".

• Helpful
Reactions: erktrek
Generally and depending on which study you read, an EV will result in just much pollution as an ICE vehicle over the average ownership period - the difference is that most of the pollution associated with EV goes into building it while most of the pollution of an ICE vehicle goes into driving it. Unless you keep an EV until it will no longer move under its own power and use solar or wind energy to charge it, you're not doing the environment any favors. I like the quietness, smoothness, instant torque, technology, and convenience of charging an EV at home, but...at least for now...there's little to no advantage when it comes to the environment. :)

It would be mighty inconvenient to take delivery of a new Tesla, live a 2-hour round trip away from the nearest Supercharger like me, and have no way to charge at home. :)
You are not totally wrong. There was a study done by Volvo and they found the break even point in carbon footprint for an EV compared to an ICE vehicle from production onwards was about 120k miles. At that point on the EV would be "planet saving" considering the carbon footprint it cost to produce the vehicle compared to an ICE car. Please correct me if I'm wrong but that's what I remember. It does pollute the environment more today to produce an EV. This is a touchy subject.

My guess is because I have bought 4 Tesla's in the past ten years. The SA's call me the Tesla OG "Original Gangster", because I was one of the first Model S's in DC back in 2012. Other guesses, it was rejected by another customer because; pick one:
a. My mommy told me to stop buying stuff on the internet late at night after drinking
b. No matrix headlights
c. Paint is eggshell thin from Fremont.
d. Had a service issue and had to be fixed
e. Customer was no show / no call
f. Financing
g. didn't qualify for $7500 tax rebate due to income (register in your kids name)
h. EDD2, EDD3, EDD4 haven't shown up yet in the tracker
h. The 5 Benjamins in a envelope did the trick (baksheesh) kidding, only kidding it was only 2, the other 3 was for the P upgrade...;)
So I went into the financial section of the order and Tesla had charged me $56,990 verses the $54,990 in the original, talked to the wife, who was neutral on the Y, she didn't like the ride versus her 2016 which has the air suspension. Told me to cancel, which I did.

Then I saw this today...

MYLR W/W no other options OD 1/18

My MYLR has been stuck on EDD end of May 14.

Looking at waiting for Tesla the only Model Ys with white interiors the only ones showing up seem to be 7 seaters.
Decided why not get the most bang for the buck this morning and changed the order to a White MY Performance and dropped the white interior. Price did only increased 3k.

I can always buy a set of 19 or even possibly 18 inch wheels and sell the Ubers in the future.

That 3.8 second to 60 has been tempting me for a while.
Maybe those that say upping the price will get a MY quicker.

Although I guess this would be the Performance Poverty Edition... :)
Well......................................................................
switching to a performance model and spending a few more dollars seems to have had an effect.
just Got the accept Vision policy.
Did That .
Edit

Estimated Delivery March 17th - March 24.
VIN Issued.
WoW Just WoW Happy Camper.

Last edited:
Well......................................................................
switching to a performance model and spending a few more dollars seems to have had an effect.
just Got the accept Vision policy.
Did That .
No EDD at All

Delivery March 17th - March 24.
VIN Issued. WoW
When did you make the change? I just exchanged texts with an SA. I was considering making the same change but he said that he couldn't guarantee me that I would get a March delivery. In fact, he added that it could push out my delivery date.

Did you edit your order online or did a SA do it for you?
Just went in to the edit as was suggested by another member this morning and I hit the Changes accept button.
For 3k difference Giving up the white interior was worth it to get a car,

VIN 7SAYGDEF2PF707---
MYP White / Black No other option It locked in the early price that was offered

Now if they actually can get the car to the service center by next week for delivery and pick up I will be there.

Last edited:
I’m waiting for reply from SA on the built date of the car. However, there’s another SoCal in different forum with same color combo also got a PA078 VIN with delivery date of this week as well. So I hope it’s just a batch of car with same color coming out of Austin.
Please enjoy the new car rather than doubting if it rejected by some one else. Initially worried if you would get the car, after getting the car worrying if it is rejected by some body. We never have any idea about the VIN. so why to confuse ourselves if something we do not know. Enjoy what you get else reject it completely if you do not want the car. please do not stay in the middle. Due to any future small issues even due to our mistake, dirty thought will pop up that if it is rejected car which will come along whole life. Just leave that thought and think positively.