Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
OD 1/15/23
MYLR 5 WHT/Black / 19" Basic
MSRP - $ 52,990.00
EDD1 Jan-Mar
01/17 - Approved Tesla (Wells Fargo) loan and done registration process
01/21 - Rcvd Wall charger
01/24 - Installed Wall charger
EDD2 - Mar 05-Mar 31
EDD3 - Mar 19-Mar 31
EDD4 - Mar 26 - Apr 15
EDD 5 - APR 15 - May 10
EDD 6 - APR 20 - May 25
Today : Removed Wall Charger and returned.
Enough waiting Tesla and getting My Rav 4 Hybrid XLE Pre. by next week.
Why Tesla Why !!! Check OD
This does not make sense at all! Especially others are seeing their dates move back and forth. Most people ordered in Jan are getting their deliveries back in the March time frame (regardless if they keep their original MYLR or updated to MYP).

It may not feel like wasting time finding out why from Tesla at this point. But if there is any specific reason that may make you feel better, you should find it out for your own good. Any other unacceptable reasons will at least for you to be happy of cancelling becuase Tesla was not worth your money.

Reactions: Tcorn and erktrek
OD 1/15/23
MSRP - $ 52,990.00
EDD1 Jan-Mar
EDD2 - Mar 05-Mar 31
EDD3 - Mar 19-Mar 31
EDD4 - Mar 26 - Apr 15
EDD 5 - APR 15 - May 10
EDD 6 - APR 20 - May 25
I would not pay any attention to the EDD. Yours may come a lot sooner than you think.

I ordered on 1/17, and no VIN yet. I am in the Bay Area.

Reactions: erktrek
OD 1/15/23
MSRP - $ 52,990.00
EDD1 Jan-Mar
EDD2 - Mar 05-Mar 31
EDD3 - Mar 19-Mar 31
EDD4 - Mar 26 - Apr 15
EDD 5 - APR 15 - May 10
EDD 6 - APR 20 - May 25
I heard that the Rav 4 hybrid is not easy to get either. Rav 4 Prime is even rare. What is the price of a Rav 4 Hybrid XLE?

I totally agree. I switched to a vehicle that was built in Fremont CA on the fourth of March and I'd be lucky to receive it in Colorado by the end of the month.
I mean I’m happy with my 3 week window from start to finish. I waited 7 months in 2022 for my MSM MYLR. Ordered in October 2021 and never took delivery until May 2022 😳
Hopefully you get your MY soon!

Just tried to switch to inventory car using chat feature. Only difference was paint color. Chat agent said old pricing would not be honored, I would need to pay an extra $2000. Plus another $1000 for switching from blue to black. No thanks.

Very frustrating, given that others have been able to do this and still get original pricing.
I didn’t even ask about pricing, the chat agent just told me they didn’t have the ability to assign cars from inventory and that the delivery team had to do that. 🤷🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️😵‍💫

Have you tried logging into the website then clicking "Manage" then "Edit Design"? That's how I was able to make changes last week while keeping the original pricing.
Definitely doesn’t get you the car. I had my EXACT config show up in my local inventory and watched it disappear as I tried to contact Tesla via every known avenue of contact.

Reactions: Tcorn
I don't know what they actually do at the factory. My guess is that the mud guard and PPF are added at the local delivery center as they are regional things. Not sure about Chicago, but deliveries at Minnesota seem to have those installed based on recent deliveries.
My SA at the Minneapolis (EP) location confirmed all cars there get mud flaps and rear PPF.

Reactions: scionbox and Tcorn
Definitely doesn’t get you the car. I had my EXACT config show up in my local inventory and watched it disappear as I tried to contact Tesla via every known avenue of contact.
This was why I just went ahead and reserved the car at 4:30 am when I saw it in inventory. I knew it would be gone by 10 am when they opened. Cost me another $250 but at least I will be getting the car I wanted to begin with. I think afyer this experience, if I ever decide to order another tesla I will just wait for one that is in existing inventory.

This was why I just went ahead and reserved the car at 4:30 am when I saw it in inventory. I knew it would be gone by 10 am when they opened. Cost me another $250 but at least I will be getting the car I wanted to begin with. I think afyer this experience, if I ever decide to order another tesla I will just wait for one that is in existing inventory.
I totally argued with myself about just spending the $250 when I saw the car show up in the end I’m just hoping I ordered early enough that it’ll show up soon.

Reactions: Tcorn and 455dan
My EDD changed to 3/26-3/31 as well. I am doubt they could delivery as so many times delay. very disappointed and thought Tesla had enough supply. Obviously wrong and no different from other car-makers.
Seattle folks, I called Tesla today and was told the soft delivery date is 4/6. I asked what the purpose giving me 3/26-3/31 and was told T is trying to fulfill this EDD. I really doubt on this statement. I learnt that in recent weeks no MYLR arrived Seattle. looks like Seattle is not in T priority list ......:(

Reactions: maytaurustiger
To everyone that received message about scheduling delivery, does it come by via email, text or just shows up in the app? I've seen multiple people here mention they were notified by email only. I ask because I constantly check the app but if it doesn't come by the app I'll resort to checking emails every 5 seconds instead lol

To everyone that received message about scheduling delivery, does it come by via email, text or just shows up in the app? I've seen multiple people here mention they were notified by email only. I ask because I constantly check the app but if it doesn't come by the app I'll resort to checking emails every 5 seconds instead lol
I received an email with a link to the app. As I saw the email first I'm not sure what it showed in the app. There was no text message.

Reactions: bigboi