Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
MYLR, MSM, black interior, 19", Tow Hitch
OD 1/16 PM
EDD 6: Mar 6 - Mar 20
EDD 7: Mar 26 - Mar 31
EDD 8: Mar 28 - Mar 31
I have the same without towing OD the 17th pushed again this morning to March 28-31 shipping to Az hopefully this will be our last change. I check Az inventories and very rarely will anything show up.
Side note my last 3 EDD are identical to yours.

All, I received a VIN assigned text this morning with an EDD of 3/25-3/31. Looks like a Fremont build with PF710XXX. The odometer reading states 15 miles with 710 series. I’ve notice Odo mileage of 4 or 5 usually for new cars..not sure if it’s a rejected VIN as I’m feeling 710 is the earlier series. Can anyone shed some light on this? I’ve reached out to the SA as well for build date..
Don't fret too much about old VIN. Go see the car. If you like it take it and enjoy. Don't overthink.

EDD updated this morning.

MYLR
MSM w/ 5 seat black interior,19” wheels, no tow
Indiana

01/21 OD
01/25 EDD = 03/04 - 03/31
02/01 Mobile Charger Shipped
02/02 Welcome E-mail from Tesla
02/07 Mobile Charger Delivered
03/04 EDD = 03/12 - 03/31
03/12 EDD = 04/10 - 05/15

That’s it for me. I’m out.
Same thing happened to me this morning, going by some other’s posts, we may get a Vin assignment in next 2 days (optimistic) or prepare for Q2 delivery.

yup.. I expected this.. see my signature too. If they can't meet their quarterly targets, they'll focus on nearby deliveries for the remainder of the quarter. Reading reddit forums, I see many push outs there as well, except for SoCal folks who're now getting pulled in to March. Now, there's no way we'll get pulled back into March. Quarter 2 it is!!!
Looks like you have entered the acceptance stage…

I have the same without towing OD the 17th pushed again this morning to March 28-31 shipping to Az hopefully this will be our last change. I check Az inventories and very rarely will anything show up.
I'm still hoping to be pulled back into March. My gut tells me 'no chance'. Tesla, prove me wrong. I dare you! ;)

Reactions: Mainuh
I'm still hoping to be pulled back into March. My gut tells me 'no chance'. Tesla, prove me wrong. I dare you! ;)
The one consistent thing about this whole process is I continue to be wrong about everything.. 🤷‍♂️

This is in line with the way my dear wife and daughter think about me anyway so in the end it's all the same I guess...:D

My Seattle area peeps. I woke up today to find my EDD had change yet again from 3/6-3/20 to 3/26-3/31. At least it's still in March but this sucks. I assume you are in the same boat.

OD 1/17
Welp it happened again this time narrowing the window a couple of days. EDD went from
3/26-3/31 to 3/28-3/31.
Not sure if this is positive. One more change and I will be out of the March window.

Reactions: erktrek
Today must be update logistics day... mine just updated to Mar 19 - Mar 31 - no VIN. 🤞

I would caution people not to overreact to these changes - they are very "dynamic" in my experience.

edit: I've had this EDD window before - Mar 20 - Mar 31 before it shifted to Apr/May.. so will believe it when a VIN appears.
My EDD moved to 3/19-3/31 today as well. I see another NJ @Apollo0426 also moved to this timeframe. Maybe they have a nice truck of MSM coming to Jersey together. Hoping we get our VINs soon.

Another update this morning for me, but dates are still basically the same. Wonder if this is a good sign or just the algorithm doing its thing.

OD 1/16 PM
EDD 6: Mar 6 - Mar 20
EDD 7: Mar 26 - Mar 31
EDD 8: Mar 28 - Mar 31

Yeah same EDD dates for as well. It's concerning that we are seeing identical changes with different colors and add-ons. Drew212 looks to be in the Seattle area as I am and Az PapaC you seem to be in Arizona. I feel we are getting very general dates that I would not hold my breath on. The system is trying to have the best optimization but is struggling.

Reactions: drew212
Today must be update logistics day... mine just updated to Mar 19 - Mar 31 - no VIN. 🤞

I would caution people not to overreact to these changes - they are very "dynamic" in my experience.

edit: I've had this EDD window before - Mar 20 - Mar 31 before it shifted to Apr/May.. so will believe it when a VIN appears.
"Dynamic" see my earlier post about giant calendars, methed up squirrels and cracked out cats 😂
What are some good insurance companies that you got good rates from? My quotes from Geico and Tesla insurance are very similar and I wonder if I can get anything better.
State farm gave me the best quote (in Michigan) it definitely varies WIDELY by state who you can get a good quote from.

• Funny
Reactions: erktrek
This might be welcome news to some, or more frustration, but the EDDs are meaningless until Tesla starts texting you. I got a text a month before delivery saying I'd get delivery "in the next few weeks." Two weeks later it said "VIN to be assigned in the next 1-2 weeks." A week later I got texts with questions about my order, whether or not I was trading in a car and getting financing. The VIN came that same day along with a delivery date. I think until you get something other than an EDD date range, which jumps all over the place, you really can't know. Sorry!

This might be welcome news to some, or more frustration, but the EDDs are meaningless until Tesla starts texting you. I got a text a month before delivery saying I'd get delivery "in the next few weeks." Two weeks later it said "VIN to be assigned in the next 1-2 weeks." A week later I got texts with questions about my order, whether or not I was trading in a car and getting financing. The VIN came that same day along with a delivery date. I think until you get something other than an EDD date range, which jumps all over the place, you really can't know. Sorry!
Of course like with everything else Tesla - the process continues to evolve so what was "true" earlier might be different now. I'm inclined to agree though based on my experiences..

It's almost like Tesla is blind to the impact that EDDs have on those of us with orders. These vehicles are expensive and people have to make arrangements beforehand based on the delivery etc.. being jerked around can really mess things up. The explanation that EDDs are based on "configuration availability" is not helpful when no other info is forthcoming.

Last edited: