Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm counting on using the J connector charging taking care of most of my daily needs at work. I believe most get 20 miles / hr and a couple of hours of charging every other day should take care of most of my routine commute.

Can I use the J1772 adapter with a level 2 chargepoint charger ?

Yes you can.

Sorry my bad was only looking at 120 Volt charging, there is in fact 240 volt charging available as well - @Vomhorizon is right.

Reactions: msinfo and Yomanjm
Od 1/20, w/b/19/tow... Edd jumped to 3/13-28 last week than this morning moved to 4/10-5/15... I seriously hate this. Looking at other cars now. 60k car purchase should not come with this crapshoot/lottery feel and a shifty customer service.. I can only imagine what wonderful frustration will come during ownership. Alienating existing customers and perspective customers will bring the brand to ashes one day... soon. Others have caught up.
You're definitely not wrong about the lacking customer support, at least on the front end. From what I've seen/heard they actually take you seriously once you're actually driving the thing around. Beforehand... Not so much.
The whole EDD thing seems like a waste of time/unnecessary stressor that we'd all be better off not paying any attention to. Had I known that from the start I'd be more zen rn lol. But I didn't. And now it's in my head, like a pebble in my boot.
It's still a good product, I'm still gonna buy it for all the same reasons I wanted it in the first place. The shine on the company as a whole is stupid, but I did expect more efficiency/responsiveness from a modern car company that likes to tout itself as a tech company.
Oh well. Do what you thinks best for you, but the actual product is good, if a bit overpriced.

Od 1/20, w/b/19/tow... Edd jumped to 3/13-28 last week than this morning moved to 4/10-5/15... I seriously hate this. Looking at other cars now. 60k car purchase should not come with this crapshoot/lottery feel and a shifty customer service.. I can only imagine what wonderful frustration will come during ownership. Alienating existing customers and perspective customers will bring the brand to ashes one day... soon. Others have caught up.
I think if you try ordering almost any other EV you’ll see that 2 months is a reasonable wait time. I test drove a BMW i4 6 months ago and was told it would be 2024, and that was before the new tax credits.

I think if you try ordering almost any other EV you’ll see that 2 months is a reasonable wait time. I test drove a BMW i4 6 months ago and was told it would be 2024, and that was before the new tax credits.
Assuming the build experience is like Porsche you can at least expect regular updates as to the progress of your vehicle something that Tesla is reticent to do probably because they like to keep things fluid with what vehicle will be assigned until the last minute - but that's a guess.

True 100%, but at least they would be upfront, would communicate changes and answer calls or messages. I'm 3 for 0 on texting sa and tried calling twice over last month with questions and no one home. Not saying I'm not still somehow wanting this car, but every day I see less reason to. Frustrated I guess. Coming off a Jaguar lease where customer pampering was upfront and center.

Reactions: BailMY and erktrek
Assuming the build experience is like Porsche you can at least expect regular updates as to the progress of your vehicle something that Tesla is reticent to do probably because they like to keep things fluid with what vehicle will be assigned until the last minute - but that's a guess.
Oh, I definitely agree. Tesla communication with its customers leaves much to be desired. I was only addressing the wait times.

Reactions: erktrek
Make sure you find out what level of tint is legal where you are first. Cops in my area love snatching folks up for tint over the legal limit.
I worry not. Being in SoCal everyone has limo tint. I’ve had 20% tint or darker since I started driving and never gotten pulled over for it. Now that I say it I’ll probably get pulled over tomorrow 🤣😭

SDF
Tesla doesn't care buyers. They knew we would buy and we would buy quickly in if price is dropped a little bit. That's the business. I will definitely not buy T if other car makers can supply the car.
I don't think EDD makes any sense now if it keeps moving. EDD is something to make us think T can deliver the car and think it different from other brand. but unfortunately it is not.

• Informative
Reactions: FanboyNC and BailMY
Tesla doesn't care buyers. They knew we would buy and we would buy quickly in if price is dropped a little bit. That's the business. I will definitely not buy T if other car makers can supply the car.
Yes in our case we ordered because of the price drop.

We were anticipating the delay but what we did not expect was the crazy fluctuating EDD. The EDD that they tell us is not really accurate but is the only thing customers have to go on throughout this process. It definitely sucks for OUR preparation and planning. Tesla doesn't seem to have their customer service act together or an understanding of why this is ultimately an important aspect of purchasing an expensive vehicle for most of us..

On the other hand I cannot blame a company like Tesla for raising or lowering prices based on demand that's just business. Dealers do this all the time with their "markups" and right now non-Tesla EVs are going for a premium AND have crazy wait times.

As to the question of will we buy another Tesla or not? Have to see how this first one works out. Other EVs have crazy wait times as well but

Not trying to justify Tesla's inability to communicate well with customers, but those pizza order trackers are just based on averages and are not actually that reliable/connected to reality in my experience. But if someone says your pizza will take 10 minutes to make and it takes 20 minutes, you probably don't notice that much. You're comparing apples to oranges.

I do agree that overpromising and underdelivering is crap customer service. In my case, Tesla underpromised and overdelivered. Not sure what their performance is on average. Based on this forum, they seem to be doing poorly, but maybe only those on the unfavorable side of average are posting. It's hard to know if your (and others) admittedly poor experience represents the average or not.
Actually I ordered Domino Pizza and its process was almost accurate. Domino told me 30 minutes and I arrived to store less than 30 minutes later, the pizzas were available for pickup.

Just scheduled for pickup at Tesla Irvine SC on Sunday 3/12. SA got back to me with a built date of 2/21 and approximate 8 miles on the odometer. I will see how the inspection go on the day and try not speculate too much. Probably trying to run there (~1.5 mile) to release my stress level first ... 😄
Got my Model Y this morning. Everything is looking great but a minor misalignment which I already schedule for bring in for SC to take a look at. Will take a longer drive tomorrow to see anything else noticeable. Overall, I’m happy with car. Will soon selling my minivan to go all electric at home .. ;)