Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes, fingers crossed. Do they have that many tow hitches sitting around? LOL! I have no need or want for a tow hitch.

The one guy above does not appear to have a tow hitch so there is hope right?
Unfortunately they make in batches :( Some of the guys here around my OD and who're local already got their VINs. Same color combo, but they had the tow. Let's see.

Reactions: Skunis and erktrek
I am thinking about changing my order from the LR to P, hoping that I get a March EDD. There are many things that attract me to the MY P so I would be happy with that model as well.

I know several of you made this change and had good results. Looking for your input. Thank you.
You have waited this far dude... hang on.. you might just get it early April.. the tax credit thing is of course a limbo. Your call, anyway.

If you've considered the things I pointed out in this post and you're still okay with the P, then go for it! :D
Yes, I have. I also watched several youtube videos that reviewed / compared the two models.

I'm thinking of the MY P as a replacement of Porsche 911 that I was 'convinced' to sell by my wife when we purchased our first house. 'Don't worry, honey. You'll be able to replace it sometime.'. 35 years later...:( I know the LR is quick, but the P is in another league.

Received an updated EDD today.
OD: Jan 27 | Location: PA
MYLR, 5seat, W/B, 19in, Tow hitch
EDD1 on 1/31: Feb - Mar
EDD2 on 2/14: Apr 8 - May 31
EDD3 on 2/28: Apr 12 - May 17
EDD4 on 3/7: Mar 15 - Mar 31
Hopefully Tesla can pull it off before EOQ1

Here is another update today
EDD5 on 3/12: 4/20 - 5/24

Update 3/17:
EDD6: 3/29 -3/31
3/17: VIN Assigned / Austin build
Nice!! I have the same config so hopefully getting my VIN any day now?

MYLR5, W/B, 19in, tow
Dedham, MA
Original EDD: Jan-March
As of Feb 1: March 14-30
As of Feb 14: April 9 - May 21
As of Feb 22: April 8 - May 13
As of Mar 7: March 15-31
As of Mar16: March 19-31

Reactions: dx23
New to this forum.
Here's my details - MYLR B/B/19" EDD 3/20 - 3/27
Ordered 1/18/23 - Fremont VIN assigned 3/7

Was hoping for a Austin VIN but any reason for concern?
Latest update. I texted the number that provided me with my VIN asking for a status update on the order and or number I could call about expected delivery. My local Tesla dealership called me within 30min of my text (pretty impressed). She told me my model y will be ready for pick-up on 3/23 and let me schedule a 4pm appt. Hope it goes well and will update on the process and build quality. :)