Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As you get closer to the date, text and see if you can pick up earlier. I was only given one date (3/20), but i texted them a couple days after initial scheduling, and they said it was showing up earlier than expected, so they moved me to tomorrow (3/18). I think their intent is to keep them on the lot a minimal amount of time.
Thanks, I’ll keep that in mind. I’m off next week, so that would be ideal. I’ll probably sell my car tomorrow (the Tesla trade in offer was lackluster) and just get a rental or something while I wait.

Reactions: memfist
This is ridiculous. There are several cars in inventory that are $250 and $500 more than my original order. They will not budge. In the meantime I've been waiting since Jan 16. This is critical as that amount puts me over the $3500 state rebate limit. So if I wait, I (likely) lose the federal credit (or some portion). If I choose one of these options I lose the state rebate. And they won't budge for $250. (texted and or talked to 3 SA's) Are you kidding me! Arghhh!! Sorry had to vent.....

This is a clear case that we, as consumers, had leverage in Jan when they needed sales. Now that they have demand they have the leverage!

MYLR - MSM/BW/19"WHL, OD: 01/16/2023
EDD: Feb 14 - Mar 24, Mar 14 - Mar 31, Apr 5 - May 10
Loc: Boston, MA, Status: Angry/Sad - No VIN
SAME !!
OD 1/15/23
MYLR 5 WHT/Black / 19" Basic
EDD1 Jan-Mar
01/17 - Approved Tesla (Wells Fargo) loan and done registration process
01/21 - Rcvd Wall charger
01/24 - Installed Wall charger
EDD2 - Mar 05-Mar 31
EDD3 - Mar 19-Mar 31
EDD4 - Mar 26 - Apr 15
EDD 5 - APR 15 - May 10
EDD 6 - APR 20 - May 25

Enough!!!

Removed the wall charger and returned!!

I was able to edit my 1/18 OD MYLR w/w/5 on the manage page to a white MYP with no other options and for whatever reason received a VIN very quickly. I also was able to keep the price at just 3k more by dropping the white interior.

Picked up the pearl white MYP just after noon today. We were the only customers there at the time and only my car and a new S were charging.

Wife "Really" liked the new white Model X in the show room - I told her it was a bit more coin at around a hundred K....

I Was VERY Happy with the condition of the car. Maybe I missed something but really did not see anything amiss.
Gal was blown away that I had never touched , sat in or driven a Tesla and helped do all of the in car set up.

Very Nice experience. She was a bit nervous about me not putting it in chill mode until I explained that we have a few really quick muscle cars so not to worry on that front.
Don't think it could have gone any better but I do need to study up on the screen controls a bit.

edit : Just went out and looked at the car closely. I may have missed a low spot near the Tesla emblem on the frunk hood. I opened and closed it once according to the prescribed method when we were looking it over after leaving Tesla and eating at a restaurant, if I did it well heck... It was very bright and sunny at the time. I will let it slide.
Don't want to take it back and have them body work it or take a chance they will respray and have a mismatch which would bug me worse. It can only be seen looking sideways at that spot in low light.
If it is a rejected car it only had 3 miles, so I am counting myself lucky- because I did get a New model Y Performance at a Great price and it drives great.

It is my wish that all of you folks get your VINs Very soon as well, and Tesla gets the MY's to you before the month is out.

Last edited:
Finally getting my Y tomorrow. Ordered 1/17
SM/Black/19 no vin as of today so I’ve been searching Find my Tesla. Today the showroom model in Glendale Az became available. I called and was able to get. After speaking to SA he told me I’d get which ever price was lower. This Y has the 20” only difference and they reduced price almost 1100 dollars. 900 dollars more guaranteed delivery tomorrow and only 18 miles. I’ll call this a win. Good luck to the rest of you. GO GCU!!!!

I was able to edit my 1/18 OD MYLR w/w/5 on the manage page to a white MYP with no other options and for whatever reason received a VIN very quickly. I also was able to keep the price at just 3k more by dropping the white interior.

Picked up the pearl white MYP just after noon today. We were the only customers there at the time and only my car and a new S were charging.

Wife "Really" liked the new white Model X in the show room - I told her it was a bit more coin at around a hundred K....

I Was VERY Happy with the condition of the car. Maybe I missed something but really did not see anything amiss.
Gal was blown away that I had never touched , sat in or driven a Tesla and helped do all of the in car set up.

Very Nice experience. She was a bit nervous about me not putting it in chill mode until I explained that we have a few really quick muscle cars so not to worry on that front.
Don't think it could have gone any better but I do need to study up on the screen controls a bit.

It is my wish that all of you folks get your VINs Very soon as well, and Tesla gets the MY's to you before the month is out.
Great to hear that your delivery went so well.

Earlier today I also changed my order from a white MYLR to a MYP with no options. I too have never sat in a Tesla. I think I'll drive around in chill mode until I get used to the torque.

Last edited:
Reactions: 455dan
Great to hear that your delivery went so well.

Earlier today I also changed my order from a white MYLR to a MYP with no options. I too have never sat in a Tesla. I think I'll drive around in chill mode until I get used to the torque.
edited my post after taking a close look tonight. Still Very Happy with the car but I need to study up on the screen use.

Attachments

• PXL_20230317_201545316.jpg
    PXL_20230317_201545316.jpg
    781 KB · Views: 110
I feel like we

And yet again new EDD is Apr 9 - May 7...:(
How is that even happening unless your new EDD is actually a foreshadowing of whats going to happen to those of us in NJ who ordered later. My EDD is still the same but now am beginning to wonder if it will shift again - it's nearly the same 2 week EDD I had right after placing the order and that then jumped to April-May.. 🤔

Two updates today creeping date... Narrowed timing to end of Q1. No vin.

MYLR MSM/Black /19"/ 5 seat / tow hitch - Dublin,CA

OD: 1/26 Original
EDD 1: Feb - March
EDD 2:(2/1) 3/6 - 3/31
EDD 3:(2/14) 4/7 - 5/19
EDD 4:(2/22) 4/3 - 5/8
EDD 5:(3/4) 3/15-29.
EDD 6:(3/16) 3/16-29.
EDD 7:(3/17) 3/17-29.
EDD 8:(3/17) 3/25-31.

Really interesting seeing the demos clear through the system in half a day. Cheers to those that met their ride or got a hot date!
Hoping for my Vin soon.🤞

Pretty sure I read this somewhere, but the cars come with a temp plate right? Wondering if I need to bring my old plate and a screw driver lol.
Comes with paper temp plate screwed to the plate holder. It actually holds up extremely well in bad weather (it snowed and rained multiple times here in NJ).

Expires in a month but you will get sent back/front license plates about a week before then. Whether you need front license plate depends on your state (i.e. for NJ it's required but I haven't installed it yet cause debating on whether I have to do it). Replacing the back temp paper plate with real one was very easy.

Edit: Also Tesla doesn't give us the $40 Plate Frame for free anymore like they used to.

Changed my order this morning to MY P and just got my VIN! 😀 New EDD is 3/20 - 3/27.
WoooHoooo!! Congrats. I think you will Love it. I was surprised that the MYP rides as well as it does and the steering is like a lazer. It turns flat and fast.

I couldn't help myself and did some night driving with the MYP as well. This thing has Outstanding headlights. The matrix light show was fun as well.