Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Might not be related, because the issue also seems to be with locking/sleeping, but I believe there’s an unlock setting which only unlocks the driver door first and you have to press unlock again for the rest. Could verify that isn’t set.

Isn’t there also a “home” configuration where sentry mode turns off (while in your garage for instance) so it doesn’t drain the battery?

And this sounds ridiculous, but I’m just going to ask it because of your pickup story: are you sure that the car in your app is the one you are driving? Have you verified the vin? Like maybe you and another owner are controlling each others cars with the app 😳 can you drive it without the keycard?
Thank you.

The car in the app is definitely correct. The VIN matches the car plus it controls everything in the car and the phone key works to drive it.

I have sentry mode totally turned off. The battery drain (5 miles in 6-7 hours) has to be from it thinking someone is in the car.

Today after driving it again and coming home I took the pic below from standing outside the driver window. No one is in the car but the climate is on, the music is playing, and you can see where I circled that it still wants the ghost driver to put on the seatbelt.

I hope everything is just due to a faulty seat sensor but of course now I am worried it will take weeks to get resolved and too many 45 minute drives to the service center.

Attachments

• image0 (1).jpeg
    image0 (1).jpeg
    354.1 KB · Views: 101
  • Informative
Reactions: slyderz3
My prediction apropos of nothing is Mar 27 for the VIN and Mar 29 for pickup - just to keep things spicy! ⏲️ 💣 - barring an EDD change of course.
Feels like this scenario would be impossible for those of us doing a trade-in (ICYMI: Trade-in requires THEM to send paperwork to us and for us to UPS the paperwork back to them. Paperwork must be received by them before delivery date; we cannot hand-carry to our delivery).
In the case of such a tight window, would we be able to just cancel the trade-in in order to be in time for the delivery date?

Reactions: erktrek
Feels like this scenario would be impossible for those of us doing a trade-in (ICYMI: Trade-in requires THEM to send paperwork to us and for us to UPS the paperwork back to them. Paperwork must be received by them before delivery date; we cannot hand-carry to our delivery).
In the case of such a tight window, would we be able to just cancel the trade-in in order to be in time for the delivery date?
Hmm that's an interesting thought. We are not doing a trade-in and are paying cash so no delays on our end other than insurance. I might adjust my WAG VIN assignment date though..

MY LR OD: 02/05 W/B/19"/5

EDD - 2/15 - Apr - June 2
EDD - 2/25 - Apr 1 - May 2
Ordered an inventory vehicle from Ohio on 2/26
Got VIN Immediately - 2/26

Visited delivery center Springfield, NJ on 3/1 and requested to get the vehicle shipped to NJ. Staff was very helpful!
Agreed to pay $500 transport fee from OHIO to NJ

EDD - 3/6 - March 14 - March - 18

Got text to schedule delivery - 3/13
Scheduled Delivery - 3/17

Delivery Day - There was no major issues like gaps, just a couple of minor issues and was told to create a service ticket if I accept delivery
Took Delivery and created the service ticket.

Overall a very helpful and responsive staff at Springfield, NJ.

Had relevant quotes but my phone glitched:

Inventory is a lie
&
I will absolutely lose my fing mind if PA09s start getting delivered before I get my PA073.

Been sitting on a cashier's check for my poverty edition MY for a month because I was told I could take delivery of an "inventory" vehicle w/in a few weeks of placing the order, already paid for the first 6mo insurance (thankfully that's on hold for the moment).
*Insert autistic screeching gif here*

Honestly if I don't get delivery by the end of the month I'm going to start looking at used ones near me and see if I can get state farm to switch the insurance over to a different car and save the price difference on the 57k I was gonna blow on a new one, maybe buy some gold or eggs as a store of value rather than put it back in the bank lol

• Funny
Reactions: idev2020
Maybe in Texas that is the case with trade-ins since Tesla can’t sell direct there. A friend just traded in his car in NJ and all he had to do ahead of time was accept offer. Signed his paperwork when he picked up his Tesla. Unfortunately for me the Tesla trade value is a good bit lower than other places.

Reactions: erktrek
Congrats! I just scheduled my pickup date, 3/22. I also set up my bank info in Plaid so that I can pay on the spot after accepting delivery.

This pending IRS tax credit guidance is still looming in the back of my mind. I keep telling myself not to worry about things I can't control.
Thanks for the info. I am also facing the same situation but not sure how to proceed as my pick up date is on 3/21. So on the day of delivery and if I decided to accept the car then I login into Tesla account and click <Start> "Make Your Final Payment" then do all the setting up thru PLAID and pay?
And if I am not satisfied then request Tesla to fix items and not pay and schedule another delivery appointment date?
Thanks.

a
Perhaps this is only in certain states or if you have an active loan on the trade in?

I've accepted a trade in offer on my order and have not heard about any additional paperwork. Assuming I will need to just pay the balance shown in the app after getting a VIN, then drop off old car with title in hand.

Had relevant quotes but my phone glitched:

Inventory is a lie
&
I will absolutely lose my fing mind if PA09s start getting delivered before I get my PA073.

Been sitting on a cashier's check for my poverty edition MY for a month because I was told I could take delivery of an "inventory" vehicle w/in a few weeks of placing the order, already paid for the first 6mo insurance (thankfully that's on hold for the moment).
*Insert autistic screeching gif here*

Honestly if I don't get delivery by the end of the month I'm going to start looking at used ones near me and see if I can get state farm to switch the insurance over to a different car and save the price difference on the 57k I was gonna blow on a new one, maybe buy some gold or eggs as a store of value rather than put it back in the bank lol

Don't put money in the bank dude, Buy a bank instead. Heard plenty of regional banks are on sale! ;-)

Thank you.

The car in the app is definitely correct. The VIN matches the car plus it controls everything in the car and the phone key works to drive it.

I have sentry mode totally turned off. The battery drain (5 miles in 6-7 hours) has to be from it thinking someone is in the car.

Today after driving it again and coming home I took the pic below from standing outside the driver window. No one is in the car but the climate is on, the music is playing, and you can see where I circled that it still wants the ghost driver to put on the seatbelt.

I hope everything is just due to a faulty seat sensor but of course now I am worried it will take weeks to get resolved and too many 45 minute drives to the service center.

On top of all delivery headaches, I have to worry about ghost drivers! What music was the your ghost driver listening to? Just curious :)

On top of all delivery headaches, I have to worry about ghost drivers! What music was the your ghost driver listening to? Just curious :)
I cannot believe with all of the resources available on the internet and this forum that you were foolish enough to go into a big purchase like this without all of the necessary research and preparation for ghost drivers. Unfortunately the ritual dance I performed to ward them away didn't seem to do the trick. Back to the drawing board.

Apparently the ghost likes the Classic Hits channel on Slacker. In the pic it seems Gloria Gaynor was belting out her 70s classic lol

I cannot believe with all of the resources available on the internet and this forum that you were foolish enough to go into a big purchase like this without all of the necessary research and preparation for ghost drivers. Unfortunately the ritual dance I performed to ward them away didn't seem to do the trick. Back to the drawing board.

Apparently the ghost likes the Classic Hits channel on Slacker. In the pic it seems Gloria Gaynor was belting out her 70s classic lol
Maybe he is waiting for you to help him with the seat belt. Put on his seatbelt and see where he goes ;-)

This must be Tesla's way of increasing their margins even higher. Sell the same car twice. Once to a living human being, And again to a ghost. They probably figure heck the LHB's (hey everything has an acronym today) can't see ghosts and ghosts can't drive! IT'S GOING TO BE A GREAT QUARTER!
Sorry just trying to add humor where it's definitely needed!

Good Luck!

Looks like panic buying as we come to Q1 close.
Makes sense. Yeah it totally sucks to feel like you're forced into that position by both the US Federal Government AND Tesla.

Yes, am partially blaming Tesla for their crappy and antagonistic delivery "process" and the way customers are getting jerked around to Tesla's advantage.

We decided before placing our order that the IRA would be a terrific windfall if we could get it but understood that it might not happen so no reason to really freak out about things. We're going to purchase the MYLR regardless at this point.

Last edited: