Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Alright, so GOOD NEWS for me I reckon. I was able to get a successful price match .:) Thanks to my friend, @ghostrider78 's persistence, I finally headed to the local Tesla SC this morning.

Being a Saturday, the SC was so busy that no advisor was available for my service, and the regional manager herself had to step in to talk to me. I told her about my concerns of varying EDDs, being in a limbo, said I'm paying cash, don't have a vehicle to trade in.. all smooth process. I told her you're getting to the quarter end. I can close out on one deal in no time. Do you have anything you can match me with? I only want to keep the Gemini wheels and don't want a tow. Initially, she didn't agree to price match me. I told her that they'd have to sell me at my price some day, if not today. Finally after a lot of discussion, she agreed to it. She started looking for some vehicles within a 300 mile radius and at the factories, that would make the quarter end. Many of them couldn't be assigned to me or routed to our location on time, or was already en-route. Finally, after a bit of persuasion and me sticking around for hours, they called up the HQ and had someone override price matches and current logistical routes to see if anything could be moved to me. They found 2 matches, a black exterior heading to Atlanta and an MSM just out of the Austin plant. They asked me if I was okay with either color. I was, and voila, they were able to assign the MSM one to me just out of the plant today (build date: Mar 18).

So, finally VIN ASSIGNED Austin Build (**PA091**) . As I was at the delivery center, didn't have to wait for anymore texts to schedule delivery. They scheduled the appointment for me right there. Fingers crossed for delivery on Sunday, Mar 26 🤞. My final configuration is now MSM/White/19 inch/no Tow (base price 52,990 with extras for the paint).
I wonder if anyone has gotten a price match over the phone, I doubt my local SC would help. They don't answer my texts to the 515 number...

Thanks for the info. I am also facing the same situation but not sure how to proceed as my pick up date is on 3/21. So on the day of delivery and if I decided to accept the car then I login into Tesla account and click <Start> "Make Your Final Payment" then do all the setting up thru PLAID and pay?
And if I am not satisfied then request Tesla to fix items and not pay and schedule another delivery appointment date?
Thanks.
You can pay prior to pickup or during delivery day when you decide to accept delivery (paying via Plaid is like 1-2 steps before pressing the final "Accept Delivery" button). I paid a few days prior to DD as Tesla was bugging me whereas my friend did the latter.

How to pay: You click the "Pay" button in Tesla app and it'll open Plaid inside the app. You then link your bank information so that Plaid can access and transfer the amount to Tesla.

Finding issues or scheduling service: You can either accept delivery or reject it if you're extremely unhappy with the vehicle. If there are issues you want Service to fix, you can try asking them on the spot prior to accepting delivery (if it's 1-2 minor things and they're not busy). Otherwise, you NEED to pay and accept delivery so then you can log detailed Service ticket(s) to have the issues fixed during your Service Appointment.

If there is a major functionality issue that is physically preventing you to from driving off the lot, that's when Tesla may take it back to fix before having you accept delivery.

I am scheduled to pick up the car at 5:30pm on the weekend. Wondering if I should use Plaid or Cashier's Check.

With Plaid, I am concerned that if the payment gets blocked or fails, I won't have recourse until the next business day, which will be a Monday.

Anyone experience blocking with Plaid due to security or any other reason?

More crazy estimates. This ping ponging of dates is nuts.

I was hoping for a VIN since I was a day into the window, but I was greeted with a new EDD window instead.

I’m getting nothing fancy. But Blue!

Model Y LR5 Blue/Black/19s no other options

Rockville, Maryland

OD 1/25
EDD - 1/25 - Jan - March
EDD - 2/1 - March 12 - March 31
EDD - 2/14 - April 10 - May 22
EDD - 2/22 - April 2 - May 7
EDD - 3/7 - March 18 - March 31
EDD - 3/19 - April 20 - May 15
Eddie,
Not sure if this helps but I’m just up the road from you in N. Potomac. Ordered a MYLR blue/black/19s OD on 1/18, vin assigned 3/7, delivery appt this Thurs. 3/23. Pickup at Rockville dealership.

Good luck.

See my signature for my order info, I just scheduled my pick up for this Thursday. Hopefully that holds..

I recommend you to include your order info in your signature as well so that others know more about your post. Click your profile and settings to modify signature.
Thank you! still no update for me😭

MYP Black/White
OD: 01/30
EDD1: FEB-MAR
EDD2: 03/07 - 03/21 EDD3: 03/15 - 03/28
EDD4: 03/16 - 03/28 EDD5: 03/17 - 03/28
EDD6: 04/08 - 05/13
NO VIN

I think Tesla barely is managing the delivery of the huge orders it received in the first 10 days for MYLR since the price cut. Unless you pivoted to MYP or existing MYAWD or 20" or accelerated delivery or convincing the local SA to assign a vehicle, you very likely won't receive the car 1Q 2023 if your order date is after Jan 22nd or so.

Those who chose Blue, Red exteriors or white interiors are pushed out even further.

If only Tesla had not been dishonest with EDD and estimating Jan-Mar during ordering even in Feb, there wouldn't have been as many disappointed buyers. Tesla only cared about getting the orders and not really fulfilling them by EOQ and keeping their initial promised EDD/estimate. Sadly, all buyers after Jan 22nd or so have been Musked :-(

If there wasn't the overhang of the discount (which Tesla advertised on every page of the order), we could have at least waited in peace.
I picked MYP but still no VIN

MYP Black/White
EDD1: FEB-MAR EDD2: 03/07 - 03/21 EDD3: 03/15 - 03/28
EDD4: 03/16 - 03/28 EDD5: 03/17 - 03/28 EDD6: 04/08 - 05/13
NO VIN

More crazy estimates. This ping ponging of dates is nuts.

I was hoping for a VIN since I was a day into the window, but I was greeted with a new EDD window instead.

I’m getting nothing fancy. But Blue!

Model Y LR5 Blue/Black/19s no other options

Rockville, Maryland

OD 1/25
EDD - 1/25 - Jan - March
EDD - 2/1 - March 12 - March 31
EDD - 2/14 - April 10 - May 22
EDD - 2/22 - April 2 - May 7
EDD - 3/7 - March 18 - March 31
EDD - 3/19 - April 20 - May 15
Same for me....

MYP Black/White
EDD1: FEB-MAR EDD2: 03/07 - 03/21 EDD3: 03/15 - 03/28
EDD4: 03/16 - 03/28 EDD5: 03/17 - 03/28 EDD6: 04/08 - 05/13
NO VIN

Eddie,
Not sure if this helps but I’m just up the road from you in N. Potomac. Ordered a MYLR blue/black/19s OD on 1/18, vin assigned 3/7, delivery appt this Thurs. 3/23. Pickup at Rockville dealership.

Good luck.
That’s awesome! Congrats. Let me/us know how pick up goes there. Hope it’s smooth sailing for you. Same specs! NICE. Was it an Austin or Fremont VIN?

Ok guys. Picked up our MYLR white/white/19 today around noon at the Carlsbad location in San Diego. OD 1/14 and is an Austin build. Didn’t bother to ask SA when was exact build date but sticker on the door said 03/23 so I assume it’s probably not a reject. There were 9 miles on the odo. No matrix headlights.

SA was very accommodating and patient. Unlocked the car for us to inspect inside and out. Pick up experience overall was good. Lots of people at the SC just to ask questions about their cars lol.

Following is the list of things we have issues with on the car:
- front bumper lower plastic trim by the passenger side wheel well is scraped/scuffed/gouged
- passenger side headlight sits quite a bit higher than hood and fender
- hood gap is larger on driver side than passenger side
- driver side fender sticks out where it meets the front bumper
- clips on both sides of plastic cover inside frunk is unclipped/loose and other side tab has broken off
- rear window line has a high spot in the middle
- trunk gap is slightly bigger on driver side
- at least 6 paint imperfections that are spots under the clear coat
- driver side mirror does not adjust upwards and will fall when parked for some time
- boominess inside the cabin at higher speeds
- wind whistle coming from front windshield area
- passenger side carpet trim next to center console is popped out, loose and unclipped
- multiple black stains on white seats throughout the car

Despite all these things we still accepted delivery. I don’t know how long it would be for the next one to come and didn’t want to miss out on the tax credits. I know it may sounds pretty bad but I’m certain most of these things already have and or will be addressed and repaired by Tesla at some point. I also have no expectation for any domestic car maker to have good QC. For those of you still waiting, I hope you get a higher quality build than what I’ve got but also accept the fact that there is no perfect car. Hope you all the best.
67D156AA-86D0-4BB0-A078-C5EDBFE04293.jpeg
55EF23A6-6A02-450B-A66E-CDBA0670E64B.jpeg

Attachments

• AD395E30-E8AF-43B1-BE8F-4DA2074166E9.jpeg
    AD395E30-E8AF-43B1-BE8F-4DA2074166E9.jpeg
    186.5 KB · Views: 82
  • 0CF20155-054A-4969-AC02-69A562BCB7FA.jpeg
    0CF20155-054A-4969-AC02-69A562BCB7FA.jpeg
    503.4 KB · Views: 79
  • BFDDC261-E535-4E63-BB67-E265CA2561EE.jpeg
    BFDDC261-E535-4E63-BB67-E265CA2561EE.jpeg
    120.3 KB · Views: 80
  • 2F1F8E9A-9360-4B28-8DF6-4F5D948EC663.jpeg
    2F1F8E9A-9360-4B28-8DF6-4F5D948EC663.jpeg
    298 KB · Views: 85
Last edited:
Two updates today creeping date... Narrowed timing to end of Q1. No vin.

MYLR MSM/Black /19"/ 5 seat / tow hitch - Dublin,CA

OD: 1/26 Original
EDD 1: Feb - March
EDD 2:(2/1) 3/6 - 3/31
EDD 3:(2/14) 4/7 - 5/19
EDD 4:(2/22) 4/3 - 5/8
EDD 5:(3/4) 3/15-29.
EDD 6:(3/16) 3/16-29.
EDD 7:(3/17) 3/17-29.
EDD 8:(3/17) 3/25-31.

Really interesting seeing the demos clear through the system in half a day. Cheers to those that met their ride or got a hot date!
Hoping for my Vin soon.🤞
Update received today via text and email.
MYLR MSM/Black /19"/ 5 seat / tow hitch - Dublin,CA

3/19 at 4:32pm VIN assigned PA087 (Austin)
DD : 3/22

Checking via SMS to get manufacturing date.

I was provided in the scheduler 3 dates to choose this week, 3/22-24. Opted for 1st date and time. It's been great being able to read the experiences from the community. Hoping for excellent delivery and build. I'll provide feedback later this week.
Wishing you all speedy communications from Tesla as well.

Ok guys. Picked up our MYLR white/white/19 today around noon at the Carlsbad location in San Diego. OD 1/14 and is an Austin build. Didn’t bother to ask SA when was exact build date but sticker on the door said 03/23 so I assume it’s probably not a reject. There were 9 miles on the odo. No matrix headlights.

SA was very accommodating and patient. Unlocked the car for us to inspect inside and out. Pick up experience overall was good. Lots of people at the SC just to ask questions about their cars lol.

Following is the list of things we have issues with on the car:
- front bumper lower plastic trim by the passenger side wheel well is scraped/scuffed/gouged
- passenger side headlight sits quite a bit higher than hood and fender
- hood gap is larger on driver side than passenger side
- driver side fender sticks out where it meets the front bumper
- clips on both sides of plastic cover inside frunk is unclipped/loose and other side tab has broken off
- rear window line has a high spot in the middle
- trunk gap is slightly bigger on driver side
- at least 6 paint imperfections that are spots under the clear coat
- driver side mirror does not adjust upwards and will fall when parked for some time
- boominess inside the cabin at higher speeds
- wind whistle coming from front windshield area
- passenger side carpet trim next to center console is popped out, loose and unclipped
- multiple black stains on white seats throughout the car

Despite all these things we still accepted delivery. I don’t know how long it would be for the next one to come and didn’t want to miss out on the tax credits. I know it may sounds pretty bad but I’m certain most of these things already have and or will be addressed and repaired by Tesla at some point. I also have no expectation for any domestic car maker to have good QC. For those of you still waiting, I hope you get a higher quality build than what I’ve got but also accept the fact that there is no perfect car. Hope you all the best.View attachment 919300View attachment 919302
Thanks for sharing experience and pics. Hate to see it, but it's obvious they are doing whatever they can to get the cars out ahead of EOQ. And we are doing whatever we can to receive the cars ahead of EOQ... Not a good recipe for experiencing good quality.
OD: 1/17.... DD: 3/30-3/31 MSM,W,19"

I picked up my MYLR on Saturday 03/18 at Colorado Springs. We decided to take the first available delivery and ended up renting a car and driving up to CS from Albuquerque. Arrived at the dealership about 2 hours ahead wanting to get an earlier pickup slot. The associates obliged and allowed us to move to 2 PM and allowed us to inspect the vehicle (interior and exterior) prior to accepting. I found a couple of things that I didn't like. The rear passenger door seems to have had a much larger gap relative to the driver rear door and the associate walked me through how to place a service request and have it checked out at the Santa Fe NM location. Other than that, the overall fit and finish was ok. My only gripe at a visual inspection was how dirty the vehicle was for a new-vehicle delivery. The associate offered to have it cleaned but the wait time was significant and we chose to accept as is. The vehicle was about 80% charged upon delivery.

On driving, we instantly noticed a rattling sound from the rear and we think we've isolated it to the passenger side rear door. I will have it checked out and fixed under warranty. I was not very nit picky during the inspection since I did not want to reject the vehicle (and lose out on the $7.5K) for minor issues. Today we drove the vehicle back including stopping at our first three Superchargers (Pueblo CO, Trinidad CO, and Las Vegas NM). I love how it drives and am so glad I went with the MYLR and not the MYP I originally ordered. On engaging autopilot I got about 2 instances of phantom braking over a 350+ mile journey. Both were during a steep climb where I assume the camera could not see..

Overall, I'm satisfied with the delivery experience though not wowed by any means. Given the wait, we wanted to get our vehicle and get out and hang out with friends who were visiting in Colorado. We will be paying a visit to the Santa Fe service center to have the issue checked out and fixed. For those interested in knowing, the vehicle had goodyear tires, and did not have mud flaps or PPF installed.

Thanks everyone who helped answer my questions and help me through this process over the last month and change. It was

Attachments

• cde700e2-4af1-408b-b39d-48139eb4f4af.jpg
    cde700e2-4af1-408b-b39d-48139eb4f4af.jpg
    325.3 KB · Views: 70
  • IMG-6143.jpg
    IMG-6143.jpg
    708.3 KB · Views: 69
Last edited:
Thanks for sharing experience and pics. Hate to see it, but it's obvious they are doing whatever they can to get the cars out ahead of EOQ. And we are doing whatever we can to receive the cars ahead of EOQ... Not a good recipe for experiencing good quality.
OD: 1/17.... DD: 3/30-3/31 MSM,W,19"
It reminds me of an old 80’s movie called “Gung Ho” where they were trying to hit their car quota and at the last minute, they rolled out a bunch of patched together/incomplete cars to try and meet it.

I picked up my MYLR on Saturday 03/18 at Colorado Springs. We decided to take the first available delivery and ended up renting a car and driving up to CS from Albuquerque. Arrived at the dealership about 2 hours ahead wanting to get an earlier pickup slot. The associates obliged and allowed us to move to 2 PM and allowed us to inspect the vehicle (interior and exterior) prior to accepting. I found a couple of things that I didn't like. The rear passenger door seems to have had a much larger gap relative to the driver rear door and the associate walked me through how to place a service request and have it checked out at the Santa Fe NM location. Other than that, the overall fit and finish was ok. My only gripe at a visual inspection was how dirty the vehicle was for a new-vehicle delivery. The associate offered to have it cleaned but the wait time was significant and we chose to accept as is. The vehicle was about 80% charged upon delivery.

On driving, we instantly noticed a rattling sound from the rear and we think we've isolated it to the passenger side rear door. I will have it checked out and fixed under warranty. I was not very nit picky during the inspection since I did not want to reject the vehicle (and lose out on the $7.5K) for minor issues. Today we drove the vehicle back including stopping at our first three Superchargers (Pueblo CO, Trinidad CO, and Las Vegas NM). I love how it drives and am so glad I went with the MYLR and not the MYP I originally ordered. On engaging autopilot I got about 2 instances of phantom breaking over a 350+ mile journey. Both were during a steep climb where I assume the camera could not see..

Overall, I'm satisfied with the delivery experience though not wowed by any means. Given the wait, we wanted to get our vehicle and get out and hang out with friends who were visiting in Colorado. We will be paying a visit to the Santa Fe service center to have the issue checked out and fixed.

Thanks everyone who helped answer my questions and help me through this process over the last month and change. It was
You didn’t happen to see your Red one on the lot, did you? Lol.

Thanks, I’ll keep that in mind. I’m off next week, so that would be ideal. I’ll probably sell my car tomorrow (the Tesla trade in offer was lackluster) and just get a rental or something while I wait.
I drove by the Tesla SC today (they are closed on Sundays). I didn’t see my car (or any other MYs) on the lot. Even if they received it tomorrow, I doubt it’ll be ready until Thursday at the earliest.

Fortunately, I kept my current car because I need it for an Avalanche game on Wednesday. I’ll probably either sell it on Thursday or just keep the Tesla offer and swap it on delivery day.

You didn’t happen to see your Red one on the lot, did you? Lol.
No and the associate didn't know of it either. It disappeared from inventory in a couple of hours so either they yanked it because it was damaged or it was taken up by someone. I was surprised at how few MY's there were. I was expecting the lot to be full of them but there were a ton of MXs there and M3s..