Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Finally getting my Y tomorrow. Ordered 1/17
SM/Black/19 no vin as of today so I’ve been searching Find my Tesla. Today the showroom model in Glendale Az became available. I called and was able to get. After speaking to SA he told me I’d get which ever price was lower. This Y has the 20” only difference and they reduced price almost 1100 dollars. 900 dollars more guaranteed delivery tomorrow and only 18 miles. I’ll call this a win. Good luck to the rest of you. GO GCU!!!!
Picked up on Saturday had 11am appointment. I am still amazed at how easy the process was(30 minutes in and out) Since the car price increased with 20in wheels I set up plaid and paid the extra. Brought my loan docs , signed papers at Tesla and done car is mine. I went through the car after accepting delivery as I wasn’t to concerned as it was the Showroom car. As expected I have found no issues with the car not sure if that was luck or just because they wanted a perfect car on the showroom. Car had only 2 miles on it so it was as new as it could be. Fremont build with Matrix headlights. Only 80 miles on car now and love it. I truly hope everyone else nothing but good fortune with getting your new Teslas.

Attachments

• 4CCB6801-3FF0-4AF1-A67E-A8B4F71D787B.jpeg
    4CCB6801-3FF0-4AF1-A67E-A8B4F71D787B.jpeg
    307.6 KB · Views: 130
  • 045E15E1-D018-4006-ADD5-35CCDD24B655.jpeg
    045E15E1-D018-4006-ADD5-35CCDD24B655.jpeg
    619.8 KB · Views: 82
We just received text this morning. Tesla will delivery to our home 03/22. Referred pick up Fremont factory instead. Don't know if we can change delivery method?
MYLR MSM/black/19. SJ area. VIN assigned PF71 OD-01/28

Last edited:
I picked up my MYLR on Saturday 03/18 at Colorado Springs. We decided to take the first available delivery and ended up renting a car and driving up to CS from Albuquerque. Arrived at the dealership about 2 hours ahead wanting to get an earlier pickup slot. The associates obliged and allowed us to move to 2 PM and allowed us to inspect the vehicle (interior and exterior) prior to accepting. I found a couple of things that I didn't like. The rear passenger door seems to have had a much larger gap relative to the driver rear door and the associate walked me through how to place a service request and have it checked out at the Santa Fe NM location. Other than that, the overall fit and finish was ok. My only gripe at a visual inspection was how dirty the vehicle was for a new-vehicle delivery. The associate offered to have it cleaned but the wait time was significant and we chose to accept as is. The vehicle was about 80% charged upon delivery.

On driving, we instantly noticed a rattling sound from the rear and we think we've isolated it to the passenger side rear door. I will have it checked out and fixed under warranty. I was not very nit picky during the inspection since I did not want to reject the vehicle (and lose out on the $7.5K) for minor issues. Today we drove the vehicle back including stopping at our first three Superchargers (Pueblo CO, Trinidad CO, and Las Vegas NM). I love how it drives and am so glad I went with the MYLR and not the MYP I originally ordered. On engaging autopilot I got about 2 instances of phantom braking over a 350+ mile journey. Both were during a steep climb where I assume the camera could not see..

Overall, I'm satisfied with the delivery experience though not wowed by any means. Given the wait, we wanted to get our vehicle and get out and hang out with friends who were visiting in Colorado. We will be paying a visit to the Santa Fe service center to have the issue checked out and fixed. For those interested in knowing, the vehicle had goodyear tires, and did not have mud flaps or PPF installed.

Thanks everyone who helped answer my questions and help me through this process over the last month and change. It was
Congrats! It has been a long journey (time and distance). Any reason you liked the MYLR better than MYP? Did you drive MYP before?

Update received today via text and email.
MYLR MSM/Black /19"/ 5 seat / tow hitch - Dublin,CA

3/19 at 4:32pm VIN assigned PA087 (Austin)
DD : 3/22

Checking via SMS to get manufacturing date.

I was provided in the scheduler 3 dates to choose this week, 3/22-24. Opted for 1st date and time. It's been great being able to read the experiences from the community. Hoping for excellent delivery and build. I'll provide feedback later this week.
Wishing you all speedy communications from Tesla as well.
Did you choose one from the existing inventory from Austin? Wondering why you got an Austin built as Dublin is so close to Fremont and Dublin is my Tesla location as well.

Hi, I’ve been lurking for a while. OD 1/30 MYLR 5 MSM Black 19” BOSTON.
Original EDD: Mar 26 - Mar 31
2/14 EDD: Apr 17 - May 29
2/28 EDD: Apr 16 - May 21
3/7 EDD: Apr 26 - May 31

Any others in the NE with similar OD?
Similar - Our EDD went into Apr/May then back to March where it's currently on day 2 of the EDD window but no VIN or any other new info - just checked.

The mistake I've made is thinking that our order is for a specific vehicle coming off the line when in fact it's whatever matches our config that happens to show up based on Tesla's logistical planning. Yours could shift earlier like ours did but it looks like right now you are earmarked for 2nd Quarter production/delivery as your dates keep getting pushed progressively later.

Things could change at any moment though which is one of the big complaints of the customer facing side of the order/delivery process - lack of timely info or explanation that would allow for better preparation and planning (figuring out needed charging capabilities, working around trip schedules, trade-ins, financial planning, etc).

At least with 2nd Quarter production you might get some additional vehicle updates like higher res cameras (maybe) thanks to Tesla's constant iteration of their manufacturing process and vehicles.

Am kind of expecting ours to shift back into Apr/May as well.

Last edited:
Reactions: Diamond_Dogs23
Hi, I’ve been lurking for a while. OD 1/30 MYLR 5 MSM Black 19” BOSTON.
Original EDD: Mar 26 - Mar 31
2/14 EDD: Apr 17 - May 29
2/28 EDD: Apr 16 - May 21
3/7 EDD: Apr 26 - May 31

Any others in the NE with similar OD?

Looking at "waitingfortesla.com" there doesn't seem to be anything in inventory for the Northeast/Mid-Atlantic states. As another poster suggested there might be a crazy rush to buy inventory vehicles due to the uncertainty of the status of the tax credits after March. Seems like Tesla will have to replenish their stock of vehicles for these areas eventually - hopefully sooner rather than later but 🤷‍♂️ .

Yes, it is very frustrating. I don’t understand why I got pushed out so early (valentines day) and why is the window so long. I went to the Prudential store to talk to a SA but even though the store was empty at the time, he was in a rush to push me out of the door with zero information. At this point I’d be happy with a narrow window in April. I do have a business trip in de middle of May and I am worried that delivery will be scheduled then. I keep looking for inventory but my configuration only shows in Ohio or Texas 😡

Reactions: erktrek
I feel like chances of delivery this month is pretty much none to zero if you haven't got VIN yet.
I dunno - there are varying lengths of time between being assigned a VIN and the pickup date some are just a few days, others a week or so BUT I'm inclined to agree with you. It's weird that our EDD hasn't changed yet.. would have thought they would have kicked it back to mid April/May again.

Reactions: Apollo0426
I feel like chances of delivery this month is pretty much none to zero if you haven't got VIN yet.
As long as the $7,500 tax credit still applies when I take delivery, I'm not too concerned about when mine arrives - even if it's weeks or months from now. I pretty much gave up on my order weeks ago and just consider the $250 a "players fee"...and I probably lost, but there's no point in cancelling the order until or unless it becomes 100% certain that I'll no longer get the full tax credit. :)

My brother-in-law ordered five days before I did on Jan 15 and his EDD has dropped from mid-Feb to end of Mar like mine. Neither of us have a VIN.

Last edited: