Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Another Monday and another disappointing check on the Tesla app for a change in my EDD. :( (I am sure we all check multiple times a day! LOL) I thought this weekend it would happen. Others had their EDDs moved up about a week earlier. Then I saw them get them pushed back this weekend and just knew it would not happen.

Keep saying how hard this is to wait. I have an M3SR and really want a 2nd Tesla. I truly hope all the talk about the Fed tax credit and having a 30-60 day window after they announce is true.

Hi, I’ve been lurking for a while. OD 1/30 MYLR 5 MSM Black 19” BOSTON.
Original EDD: Mar 26 - Mar 31
2/14 EDD: Apr 17 - May 29
2/28 EDD: Apr 16 - May 21
3/7 EDD: Apr 26 - May 31

Any others in the NE with similar OD?
Hi Melrose, MA... Here is my journey
OD 1/16 MYLR 5 MSM/White/19"
Original EDD: Feb 14 - Mar 24
2/14 EDD: Mar 12 - May 31
2/28 EDD: Apr 5 - May 10
3/18 Vin received(Austin)
3/18 EDD: Mar 30 - Mar 31

As long as the $7,500 tax credit still applies when I take delivery, I'm not too concerned about when mine arrives - even if it's weeks or months from now. I pretty much gave up on my order weeks ago and just consider the $250 a "players fee"...and I probably lost, but there's no point in cancelling the order until or unless it becomes 100% certain that I'll no longer get the full tax credit. :)

My brother-in-law ordered five days before I did on Jan 15 and his EDD has dropped from mid-Feb to end of Mar like mine. Neither of us have a VIN.
Zroger.... Good perspective regarding players fee. Here in Mass total State and Fed Tax implications are $11k. What a great opportunity to get into an EV with discounts plus tax break. Assuming Model Y will be Fed Tax Credit applicable into April and beyond, it might be better to receive a car post Q1 EOQ from a quality build perspective. One can only imagine the Quality inspection pressures to just get the car out the door. Best wishes to all of us on this EV journey!

Reactions: zroger73
Well the jerking around from Tesla continues. I was expecting this latest push out based on other people who were pulled into March a week ago. Why pull in the EDD from April-May to a 2 week period in March only to push it back out to April-May a week later? Now it is 3 weeks after what it was prior to them randomly moving it in. New EDD 4/21 - 5/26.

I fully understand that this is an estimate and will fluctuate, but this latest round of changes just doesn't make sense. Makes me feel like they have no clue what they are doing. I recently had ordered a very high demand vehicle and the communication was not exactly as I would have wanted, but so much better than Tesla (which is none).

Reactions: erktrek
I feel like chances of delivery this month is pretty much none to zero if you haven't got VIN yet.

Breaking news - as expected/feared my EDD just changed to April 27 - Jun 01

puruttya-fuhhh.gif

MYLR Blue / Hitch / 19s
OD: 1/22
Profile Completion:1/23
1/23 1st EDD Jan-Mar
1/26: 2nd EDD 3/12-3/31
2/14: 3rd EDD 3/27-3/31
2/22 4th EDD 3/25-3/31
2/28 5th EDD 3/20-3/31
3/7 6th EDD 3/17-3/31
3/17 EDD STILL 3/17-3/31
3/18 7th EDD 4/13-5/18

Seems I was bumped... If it weren't for the unclear tax situation I really wouldn't care; but... nothing to do but wait and see what happens at this point.

So I placed an order from existing MY inventory back on 3/14/2023. Had and still has an EDD of 3/24-3/31 - always had a VIN from the outset since it was in existing inventory - but it's still in transit. For this type of scenario - how far ahead of the date range should I expect a more solid EDD? I've been chatting with Tesla via text messaging and they cannot give me an answer. I'd expect to get this before end of month given it was an existing inventory item and Tesla has a major push to complete deliveries prior to end of quarter - but I'm getting nervous as it is now 3/20 and still no change in the app.

Zroger.... Good perspective regarding players fee. Here in Mass total State and Fed Tax implications are $11k. What a great opportunity to get into an EV with discounts plus tax break. Assuming Model Y will be Fed Tax Credit applicable into April and beyond, it might be better to receive a car post Q1 EOQ from a quality build perspective. One can only imagine the Quality inspection pressures to just get the car out the door. Best wishes to all of us on this EV journey!
Well...just remember that Tesla is still coming out with new vehicles such as the Cybertruck, Semi-truck, Model 2 or w/e, Roadster, new HW4.0 changes, new possible refresh changes for Y, etc. Cybertruck is probably going to start production sometime this year or next year and iirc, there are over 2 million pre-orders for it.

Tesla is also trying to open more factories around the world (Mexico, China, Berlin) so their focus seems like it's on expanding, creating and manufacturing more vehicles to sell, and cutting costs to make profits even better.

Even with their Fremont factory having cast experience, there are still a variety of QC issues (minor to very crazy in some situations). I think with time, Tesla Build Quality will get better but it's probably always going to come with some sort of QC issue(s).

Reactions: erktrek and PapaGeo
Like others with a similar OD, my EDD got updated this morning :(
Never should have gotten my hopes up with the March EDDs. The April-May is more likely based on my order date.

OD 1/26/23 | MYLR blue/black/19/tow | Upstate New York
EDD1 "Feb-Mar"
EDD2 (2/1/23): Mar 14-31
EDD3 (2/14/23): April 10 - May 22
EDD4 (2/22/23): April 08 - May 13
EDD5 (3/7/23): March 15 - 31
EDD6 (3/16/23): March 19 - 31
EDD7 (3/20/23): April 22 - May 27

Last edited:
So I placed an order from existing MY inventory back on 3/14/2023. Had and still has an EDD of 3/24-3/31 - always had a VIN from the outset since it was in existing inventory - but it's still in transit. For this type of scenario - how far ahead of the date range should I expect a more solid EDD? I've been chatting with Tesla via chat and they cannot give me an answer. I'd expect to get this before end of month given it was an existing inventory item and Tesla has a major push to complete deliveries prior to end of quarter - but I'm getting nervous as it is now 3/20 and still no change in the app.
At this point you can't unfortunately it's a crap shoot (with emphasis on crap 💩). I wish you all the luck though and hope your inventory experience is better than some of us NJ & NY folks are having this morning.

Reactions: HitchHiker71
At this point you can't unfortunately it's a crap shoot (with emphasis on crap 💩). I wish you all the luck though and hope your inventory experience is better than some of us NJ & NY folks are having this morning.

Thanks much! I figured as much on the crapshoot but figured I would at least ask. :) I was originally taking delivery in Vienna, VA but given I'm in Delaware Tesla updated the delivery location to Owings Mills, MD which cuts my commute down to delivery location in half from two plus hours to just over an hour. I just don't want to miss out on the full tax credit - that's my primary concern here.

Like others with a similar OD, my EDD got updated this morning :(
Never should have gotten my hopes up with the March EDDs. The April-May is more likely based on my order date.

OD 1/26/23 | MYLR blue/black/19/tow | Upstate New York
EDD1 "Feb-Mar"
EDD2 (2/1/23): Mar 14-31
EDD3 (2/14/23): April 10 - May 22
EDD4 (2/22/23): April 08 - May 13
EDD5 (3/7/23): March 15 - 31
EDD6 (3/16/23): March 19 - 31
EDD7 (3/20/23): April 27 - May 22
Crazy roller coaster! But oh why they skip most of April? And then give us an over a month long window? It looks like really they don’t have a clue on how to estimate their deliveries.

Thanks much! I figured as much on the crapshoot but figured I would at least ask. :) I was originally taking delivery in Vienna, VA but given I'm in Delaware Tesla updated the delivery location to Owings Mills, MD which cuts my commute down to delivery location in half from two plus hours to just over an hour. I just don't want to miss out on the full tax credit - that's my primary concern here.
Have you looked at waitingfortesla.com? I think some DE & MDers got screwed a day or so ago with their EDDs as well, though the orders were not inventory orders.

It's ridiculous - Tesla should just have said in late Jan that orders placed would be fulfilled in June and then got rid of the EDD all together. I realize in a few years ago people had to wait like 6 months to a year to get theirs but I thought this had changed thanks to the awesome power of the Gigafactory..

🤬

My daily look into the tax credit turned this up:
Mentions, “In the next few weeks” for guidance. Certainly, nothing official, but the article also details how terribly the Inflation Act was written in the first place and how any Treasury guidance may be met with new legislation to redefine it.