Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sorry to hear that and I am glad that you keep the good spirit. Until the last couple of days, there should still be hope.

For myself, I felt much relieved when I kinda gave up on half of the EV credits when I swithed to MYP. My delivery date this week does not increase my hope much until I complete my pick up.
i thought and that's what Tesla said as well that MYP will be delivered faster and less wait time. Thats why i decided to go with Performance however It doesn't look that way to me.. I'm glad it worked out for you!! Hoping for smooth delivery..

Reactions: erktrek
Has anyone else with MYLR in Bay Area gotten an Austin build? This is kind of roundabout logistically given the proximity of Dublin to Fremont. What about VIN sequence, do you think PA087 is recent? Not sure if this car was declined by someone during deliver or cancelled and thus I got lucky.
PA087 is recent. I just picked up PA083 and others recently have all been in the PA07X and PA08X range.

i thought and that's what Tesla said as well that MYP will be delivered faster and less wait time. Thats why i decided to go with Performance however It doesn't look that way to me.. I'm glad it worked out for you!! Hoping for smooth delivery..
Thanks! The "accelerated" MYP delivery was a nice surprise. I did not count on this though as I switched pretty late in the switching game. Because I switched late, my facus was more on what I wanted and what I am getting for $3.5k price difference.

I would agree that early switch in Feb will definitely ensure an accerlated delivery.

Last edited:
Has anyone else with MYLR in Bay Area gotten an Austin build? This is kind of roundabout logistically given the proximity of Dublin to Fremont. What about VIN sequence, do you think PA087 is recent? Not sure if this car was declined by someone during deliver or cancelled and thus I got lucky. It's not like I received my VIN while this car was in manufacturing process. When you browse Waiting for Tesla for a prospective car model and look at date history, it is interesting to see date available / not available for each car. I have not received a response back to share yet on build/manufacture date. It would be great to hear from an insider that could share what really goes on with build timing vs $$, EDD, and VIN assignment
Samy: Enjoy the car what you get. I hope you cannot find anything if it is old or new VIN number. If you like it take it or leave it. If you are in between you won't enjoy the car at the same time money is gone. Whatever it may be, even if it was rejected say came to you, you look around the car, accept if you are satisfied with it in all aspects. This kind of doubt cause more confusion rather than clarify - in my point of view. Decision is always yours how to take it.

Has anyone else with MYLR in Bay Area gotten an Austin build? This is kind of roundabout logistically given the proximity of Dublin to Fremont. What about VIN sequence, do you think PA087 is recent? Not sure if this car was declined by someone during deliver or cancelled and thus I got lucky. It's not like I received my VIN while this car was in manufacturing process. When you browse Waiting for Tesla for a prospective car model and look at date history, it is interesting to see date available / not available for each car. I have not received a response back to share yet on build/manufacture date. It would be great to hear from an insider that could share what really goes on with build timing vs $$, EDD, and VIN assignment
Besides matrix lights, are there other differences between Fremont vs Auston builds?

Reactions: SamY_MYLR
Besides matrix lights, are there other differences between Fremont vs Auston builds?
I think a few have mentioned something very specific about the battery cells but they would have to comment on that for more details.

In terms of appearance and general functionality, nothing else should be different iirc. Probably just differences in build quality (Austin factory is relatively new compared to Fremont and iirc, Fremont has experience manufacturing all the S3XY models) but they both are going to have QC issues regardless.

Thanks! The "accelerated" MYP delivery was a nice surprise. I did not count on this though as I switched pretty late in the switching game. Because I switched late, my facus was more on what I wanted and what I am getting for $3.5k price difference.

I would agree that early switch in Feb will definitely ensure an accerlated delivery.

It is a surprise for me as well. They are asking me to pay $10K extra :)

1679335985137.png

It is a surprise for me as well. They are asking me to pay $10K extra :)

View attachment 919558
Just wanted to clarify: When I switched, I did not have an acclerated available to me. I simply changed the design from MYLR to MYP in the Tesla app. The key is to have the MYP price from the date that I placed my MYLR order, not the date I switched the design. The "accerlated" delivery was not the same as Tesla's "accelerated" option from their inventory though.

The one you posted has a $8K of addons ($5K EA, $2K 20", $1K tow) than your original order. So it is really the $2K difference after they increase the price post your order.

If this is the exact same config as your original order, you can separate order as others did. Transfer the VIN to your original order to avoid the $2K price increase with a cost of $250 ordering fees for the second order.

Congrats... recent enough. My VIN is **PA091** and I was told it was factory gated on Mar 18.

There's a detailed explanation in this Forum itself. There were several additional features for Austin builds which now Fremont is serving up as well (starting Jan this year) - namely magnetic console, cargo cover etc. Austin build and paint quality and a single-cast framework did standout before Fremont iteratively improved their production lines in Feb and Mar (someone here posted an article on that). That said, I think at this point in time, they are more or less similar. Advantages that Austin had as a new and improved upon assembly line from Fremont has now gone. It's perhaps Fremont scoring one with the Matrix headlights. I'm sure, down the line Austin will catch up to that, and eventually both plants would mete out twins.

There's a detailed explanation in this Forum itself. There were several additional features for Austin builds which now Fremont is serving up as well (starting Jan this year) - namely magnetic console, cargo cover etc. Austin build and paint quality and a single-cast framework did standout before Fremont iteratively improved their production lines in Feb and Mar (someone here posted an article on that). That said, I think at this point in time, they are more or less similar. Advantages that Austin had as a new and improved upon assembly line from Fremont has now gone. It's perhaps Fremont scoring one with the Matrix headlights. I'm sure, down the line Austin will catch up to that, and eventually both plants would mete out twins.
Thanks for the clarification. It’s easy to get buried with all these threads.

Reactions: FanboyNC
Samy: Enjoy the car what you get. I hope you cannot find anything if it is old or new VIN number. If you like it take it or leave it. If you are in between you won't enjoy the car at the same time money is gone. Whatever it may be, even if it was rejected say came to you, you look around the car, accept if you are satisfied with it in all aspects. This kind of doubt cause more confusion rather than clarify - in my point of view. Decision is always yours how to take it.
I'm all in, I will be an owner on Wednesday. Just curious too with the interesting logistics. Thanks