Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sorry to hear that. I have an OD day after you. Mine got the last push back a couple of weeks ago.

1679340440746.png

OD: 1/13. EDD46: Mar 22-28. After being inside three different delivery windows and having to cancel three different trips, the torture MAY end soon. Got VIN yesterday. Pickup will be at Fremont.

The Tesla App now reads, "Make Your Final Payment - Pay remaining balance now to avoid delays in delivery." Of course, Tesla wants me to pay now but I plan to pay via certified check after inspection and acceptance of the car. But given how they jerked me through 46 EDD changes I'm a little concerned they'll prioritize other buyers paying electronically.

Who here has paid by certified check? Who by electronic transfer using the Tesla App?
I paid via the Tesla app at my delivery appointment after I saw the car. I didn't have any issues scheduling my delivery without paying first.

Reactions: HitchHiker71
Did you choose one from the existing inventory from Austin? Wondering why you got an Austin built as Dublin is so close to Fremont and Dublin is my Tesla location as well.
Austin build was based on my VIN assigned per my order. I did not choose from inventory. Tesla Austin has plenty of capacity per Troy teslike inventory forecasts. I think I saw that factory is forecasted to produce more Model Y's than Fremont in Q2. I'm excited to get my car this week, good luck on your order

Got my Trade-In offer - does anyone know if it’s better to accept it asap? Does it delay delivery if you don’t accept it?

IME you're better off going with Carvana or Carmax or any of the online buyers. We have a 2017 Honda Accord CPO EX-L and Tesla offered $15.3k on trade, whereas Carvana is at 17.6 and Carmax is at 17k. I've got local dealers evaluating the vehicle later this week with offers of at least 18k or higher. Make sure to get a few quotes from the online buyers IMHO.

IME you're better off going with Carvana or Carmax or any of the online buyers. We have a 2017 Honda Accord CPO EX-L and Tesla offered $15.3k on trade, whereas Carvana is at 17.6 and Carmax is at 17k. I've got local dealers evaluating the vehicle later this week with offers of at least 18k or higher. Make sure to get a few quotes from the online buyers IMHO.
Carmax is technically the same as Tesla with the tax savings on trade in. Carvana is $10k less 😂
I’ll take a look and see if anyone is offering more but I doubt it (2022 Ioniq 5)

Reactions: Puka Bum
Carmax is technically the same as Tesla with the tax savings on trade in. Carvana is $10k less 😂
I’ll take a look and see if anyone is offering more but I doubt it (2022 Ioniq 5)

I'm assuming you're referring to sales tax or state tax savings of some kind? I'm not familiar with trading in an EV on another EV and any tax ramifications of doing so. In my state we have a registration fee of 4.25% on new vehicles - which costs me $650.25 on the 15.3k if I forgo the trade - however in my case I'm getting almost 2k higher going with a third party buyer - so I come out ahead even after absorbing the $650.25 in additional fees. Fortunately Delaware has no state sales tax.

I'm assuming you're referring to sales tax or state tax savings of some kind? I'm not familiar with trading in an EV on another EV and any tax ramifications of doing so. In my state we have a registration fee of 4.25% on new vehicles - which costs me $650.25 on the 15.3k if I forgo the trade - however in my case I'm getting almost 2k higher going with a third party buyer - so I come out ahead even after absorbing the $650.25 in additional fees. Fortunately Delaware has no state sales tax.
Correct, sales tax. Tesla offer is $38900 while Carmax is $41000. Tax savings of around $2500. So an extra $500.

Wish I didn’t have to get rid of the Ioniq 5 but they didn’t add a battery management system or a heat pump for RWD 22 models… moving north required a better vehicle and I enjoy electric too much 😁

Hi all. Ordered our MYLR back in early February (10th). Got a VIN February 22 (F6678xx) with a March 1 EDD. Starting near the end of February, the EDD has gone up one day, every day. I’m currently at a March 27 EDD.

After finally hearing back from someone, supposedly the reason my already built car keeps getting delayed is, the car got a dent on the lift gate.

How long does it take to fix a dent (I’m hoping it’s more like a ding)? Any recommendations on getting a MYLR sometime soon before the IRS shafts me?

Just when I was about to give up hope for a March delivery….opened the app (for the 100th time today) to find a VIN!

MYP White/White
OD: 2/6
EDD: 3/4-3/31
3/6 EDD: 3/31-5/5
3/12 EDD: 3/21-3/31
3/20 VIN received & delivery scheduled for 3/25
Arizona
VIN: PF739
Congrats!

Can't believe Fremont can make 30K cars in 2 weeks. Mine was PF709XXX on 3/7 and your is PF739XXX on 3/20.