Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It's not available yet due to lack of USS. Will be available by software update sometime in the future.

I hate to put it in these terms - but this is really a form of consumer fraud at the end of the day. Tesla cannot sell a product with features that don't exist - the reasoning at the end of the day is really immaterial - when the fact is that 60% of the features in EA currently are not available for the consumer. Tesla needs to be held accountable for these bad business practices in my view. I'm a long time Tesla stockholder - but when a consumer spends 6k on EA today - they should get what they paid for day one - not a promise to get something months or years from now. I would recommend everyone who purchases EA report this consumer fraud issue to the appropriate state and/or federal regulatory authorities for investigation. That's likely the only way Tesla is going to change their suspect business practices moving forward. If Tesla wants to sell EA with 60% of the software missing and disabled - then discount the current cost of EA by 60% so that you're actually paying for what is really available - and allow the customer to purchase the remaining 60% when it actually becomes available in the future. Beta participation for any software not ready for prime time should be free of charge or heavily discounted - until the product is ready for prime time. Just my two cents of course.

For those of us who are concerned about timing of the proposed regulations for the tax credit, this is just my 2 cents - do your own research. But based on my own research and experience, I am personally confident of the following:

1. Per the statute (Inflation Reduction Act) and the IRS guidance (cited by zroger and others), the proposed regs will apply to all deliveries after the date the proposed regs are issued - which means the date they are published in the Federal Register.

BUT: the proposed regs may be different than the final regs (which would likely be retroactive, IF they are more favorable then the proposed regs), so all is not necessarily lost if the proposed regs turn out to be less favorable to EV buyers than the final regs. There will be another round of public comments before the final regs are issued - and the final regs will also need to go to OMB prior to publication in the Federal Register.

2. KEY POINT: all proposed regs (and final regs) are subject to review by the White House Office of Management and Budget, or OMB, before they are published in the Federal Register. It usually takes OMB at least a month to review - but it could be shorter (or longer) for political or other reasons. OMB lists all regulations that have been submitted to them for review by various agencies on their "dashboard." Just search for OMB dashboard on google.

The regulation we are all worried about will be submitted to OMB by Treasury, which includes the IRS.

As of today, Treasury has not submitted the proposed reg to OMB - you can click on the bar chart on the OMB dashboard to see what's pending from Treasury. Which means we should have some time - at least two weeks from the day it's submitted to OMB, and probably much more since this administration seems to want to subsidize EVs as much as possible. Until then, we get the full $7500 per the temporary guidance.

Hope this helps for folks who are worrying - but it's also one more website to obsess on!

Link to the OMB website chart you're referring to?

Didnt try to upsell power requirements. In fact, based on my situation, said 20-30 amp circuit is ample. No need to run additional power to the garage.
A 20-30 amp breaker is ample if you want to charge at 3 mph.
If you want to use a 40 amp charger, you will need a 14-50 NEMA outlet installed
along with a 50 amp breaker. If you have a Tesla wall charger which charges at 48 amps,
would need a 60 amp breaker.

Reactions: erktrek
Mike Medzhidov
Electrical Solutions
781-214-0032

Very personable, experienced and knowledgable from my perception. Didnt try to upsell power requirements. In fact, based on my situation, said 20-30 amp circuit is ample. No need to run additional power to the garage.
So are you only planning to charge with the 110 on a mobile charger? For a continuous load like a charger, you should only use 80% of the amp rating when charging. So 20 amp could charge at 16amps and 30 could charge at 24 amps. I had a 50amp circuit on 6ga wire put in and charge at 40amps at home. You also want to make sure your plugs are rated for continuous duty. Charging is not a place to cut corners.

This is a little dry, but informative on home charging:

• Informative
Reactions: erktrek
My order date for Las Vegas delivery got pushed today to April 5 - May 3.

MYLR W/B 19" No Options
OD - Push order button 1/17 PM, Order agreement date 1/18
EDD1 - January to March
EDD2 - February 8 - March 31
EDD3 - March 6 - March 31
EDD 4 Updated 3/4 - March 27 - 31
EDD 5 Updated 3/12 - March 28 - 31
EDD 6 Updated 3/22 - April 5 - May 3
No Text for 1-2 week VIN alert
VIN not assigned
Location - Las Vegas, NV

Does anyone know any way to track where is your car while on the way for pick-up?

The only option I've been able to leverage is to ping my sales rep via text every few days and ask for an update on the whereabouts of my vehicle - as apparently they can "see" where your vehicle is once a VIN has been assigned via some kind of ping process internal to Tesla.

Tesla does not offer this ability within their app today - though I think they should. One possible rumored reason that Tesla does not provide this visibility is because doing so may prevent Tesla from rerouting your ordered vehicle to other local buyers to boost end of quarter numbers, and then pushing out your order date. I've seen repeated posts on here that this may be the case with some customers whose orders are being pushed out from late March into April/May/June suddenly. Whether this is true or not is anyone's guess really - because no one has a way to validate these assertions AFAIK.

Reactions: BaboMike
I knew it would inevitably happen and it was today. I have now been pushed to April. No love for the Seattle area or people that ordered in mid January.
It's kind of ridiculous I got a message to do my financing which only is good for 30 days and then get pushed out more then 30 days.
This system is flawed.

OD 1/17
EDD 1 - 2/16-3/16
EDD 2 - 3/1-3/29
EDD 3 - 3/6-3/20
EDD 4 - 3/26-3/31
EDD 5 - 3/28-3/31
EDD 6 - 3/31-4/28 (on 3/22)
Still waiting on VIN
We're on the exact same schedule, except I ordered 1 day earlier.

I wonder if there is just already a large backlog of orders for Seattle they're going through and the SC can only deliver so many cars in a single day? Something weird is going on.

We're on the exact same schedule, except I ordered 1 day earlier.

I wonder if there is just already a large backlog of orders for Seattle they're going through and the SC can only deliver so many cars in a single day? Something weird is going on.
Seattle is kinda like San Diego, in an awkward logistics corner that isn't on the way to anywhere else. It reduces flexibility for rerouting cars to or from there. Here it causes higher prices on some items, like gasoline. I think the only reason Tesla deliveries aren't a huge issue here is because we are so close to LA/Orange County.

Seattle is kinda like San Diego, in an awkward logistics corner that isn't on the way to anywhere else. It reduces flexibility for rerouting cars to or from there. Here it causes higher prices on some items, like gasoline. I think the only reason Tesla deliveries aren't a huge issue here is because we are so close to LA/Orange County.
I agree with you on awkward locations. Las Vegas is similarly isolated from any of the factories. No major direct route.