Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
WIld. We have the same OD and model and your EDD history is almost exactly the same as mine including the change to Apr 2-16 today. I figure it either means they've given up on us in SoCal for a Q1 delivery -OR- we'll suddenly get VINs and be asked to schedule delivery in the next day or two. :cool:
Thanks, Dave! Good to know we aren't alone. And after reading these posts, I'll bet you're right!

Just thought I would post an update.
OD Jan 21st MYLR White/Black 19"
EDD 1: Jan - March
EDD 2: 3/8 - 3/31
2/14 EDD 3: 3/26 - 3/31
3/4 EDD 4: 5/19 - 6/30
03/20 Demo unit came availble and able to snag MYLR Red/White 19"
03/21 dealt with all the switchover paperwork
03/22 Delivery appointment booked

got a good deal on the demo and i felt it was worth it rather than waiting arround till June.

Picking mine up tomorrow at Dublin, CA. Just wondering, we don't have to set up service appointment at the pick up location right away, right? I mean I can go home and take my time to check everything then submit the service request through the app within 7 days or 100 miles? Also, once you submitted a service request, can you add additional issues in the same request?

WIld. We have the same OD and model and your EDD history is almost exactly the same as mine including the change to Apr 2-16 today. I figure it either means they've given up on us in SoCal for a Q1 delivery -OR- we'll suddenly get VINs and be asked to schedule delivery in the next day or two. :cool:

Same here, same OD and config: just got my new EDD of Apr 1-15

Reactions: hp1234
A 20-30 amp breaker is ample if you want to charge at 3 mph.
If you want to use a 40 amp charger, you will need a 14-50 NEMA outlet installed
along with a 50 amp breaker. If you have a Tesla wall charger which charges at 48 amps,
would need a 60 amp breaker.
20 amp 220 charges a Model Y 15 miles per hour, 30 amp 220 = 22 mph Maybe you speak of 120 vac

At this point, I still plan to lurk on here, however, I feel like there's not much of a point obsessing over the delivery date. My plan is to just wait for the text that my VIN has been assigned and not look like this:

Because I'm getting tired of being Charlie Brown and having Tesla yank my delivery date.

I've been checking the stop waiting for a Tesla site; apparently (right now) there's NO MY (at all) in my state on the site.

1/24 Odered MYLR (Ext White/Int Black/19" wheels/5 seat/basic autopilot)
Orange County,CA
1/24 EDD Jan-Mar 2023
1/25 EDD 3/22-3/31
2/4 EDD 3/19-3/31
2/28 EDD 3/18-3/31
3/7 EDD 4/2-5/7
3/12 EDD 3/25-3/31

3/22 EDD 3/31-4/14

Only because they can.....for now...

Picking mine up tomorrow at Dublin, CA. Just wondering, we don't have to set up service appointment at the pick up location right away, right? I mean I can go home and take my time to check everything then submit the service request through the app within 7 days or 100 miles? Also, once you submitted a service request, can you add additional issues in the same request?
That's negative thinking. My delivery was incredible.
Think negative - you'll get negative.
Think positive - you may be happily surprised.

Reactions: geekfam
I scheduled demo drive last week and followed up with text messages with SA if anyone deal fall thru, I am interested if config matches..
Received text "VIN has been assigned" yesterday (14th March)!!
Austin Build, Currently in Transit, Hope to get delivery before April 1st
-Approved for Tesla Loan 14th March
-Uploaded Insurance 15th March

VIN: 14 March
DD: ??
Today I picked up my MY at Princeton NJ. Experience was smooth. I went one hour earlier than appointment, Identify VIN and started outside inspection. SA was courteous enough to allow us to open up car and inspect from inside before appt time. There were two minor issues I spotted in headlight gap and passenger side rear window has small scratch on the glass. SA asked to open service appointment and they will see what can be done.

I could see Three Pearl White 19 inch (Two Fremont built and one Austin built) were ready for delivery today at same time.

Overall very nice experience!

Have been tempted many times to take higher price existing inventory or update build, but received an update today in a positive direction. Let's see if it holds.

MYLR5 MSM/Black/19"/no options

OD/Profile Complete: 1/27
EDD 1: Jan - Mar
EDD 2 (1/31): 3/26 - 3/31
EDD 3 (2/14): 3/27 - 3/31
EDD 4 (3/4): 4/19 - 5/24
EDD 5 (3/22): 3/31 - 4/14

So Cal (OC)

At this point, I still plan to lurk on here, however, I feel like there's not much of a point obsessing over the delivery date. My plan is to just wait for the text that my VIN has been assigned and not look like this:

Because I'm getting tired of being Charlie Brown and having Tesla yank my delivery date.

I've been checking the stop waiting for a Tesla site; apparently (right now) there's NO MY (at all) in my state on the site.
No MY in MA either for quite a while.

Have been tempted many times to take higher price existing inventory or update build, but received an update today in a positive direction. Let's see if it holds.

MYLR5 MSM/Black/19"/no options

OD/Profile Complete: 1/27
EDD 1: Jan - Mar
EDD 2 (1/31): 3/26 - 3/31
EDD 3 (2/14): 3/27 - 3/31
EDD 4 (3/4): 4/19 - 5/24
EDD 5 (3/22): 3/31 - 4/14

So Cal (OC)
Well it's almost getting to the level of a "bait and switch" scheme... put an order in for a lower cost item but to actually take delivery you need to shift your config to something different which ends up costing more. I'm guessing it's not on purpose (I hope) but Tesla needs to get it's act together and stop ignoring how terrible the middle part of the order-to-delivery process is at least for customers who have been delayed over and over with no explanation.

anyone in here has the issue like what I am having right now?
my order is W/B/LR/19/no town at the time it was $53490.
last EDD was 3/22 to 3/31; but it seems not easy to get there since I saw many ppl get pushed back.
i checked the inventory-swap and saw some car, same config but different in exterior color but with new price for same original color is $54990 , and called SA, 1 of them told me that I could make swap and Tesla still honor the old price for LR, I just needed to pay for extra depend the difference between the swap vehicle vs my original order.
Today I saw a black//B/LR/19/no town, and pulled my trigger to get that one, but Tesla applied new price for LR which i have to pay $54990 plus 1.5K from White to Black for exterior. I called SA but they said they could honor old price since I did it myself, not thru them.
any one you get thru this situation?
that is ridiculous.

Update - Everything done by myself except PPF:
1. Got the front bumper and partial hood PPF installed for $600
2. Ceramic coated the car - $170
3. Installed Taptes white seat covers - $ 570
4. Installed Screen swivel - $66
5. Installed camera covers - $20, foglight eyes - $ 27 and honeycomb front grill - $19 to give a more sportier look
6. Installed the Tesla logo puddle lights - $18

Things to do:
1. Change rim covers
2. Install spoiler
3. Blacken the Tesla emblems
4. Install rear reflector eyes
5. Install carbon fiber covers on side mirrors

Attachments

• 1.jpeg
    1.jpeg
    352.7 KB · Views: 105
  • 2.jpeg