Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was able to get my delivery bumped up by a day. Finally, got hold of him!!! Easy delivery experience - vehicles that were to be delivered were all lined up and opened to be inspected before accepting delivery. My wife and I ran through an hour of the checklist and were extremely satisfied before we went in and accepted delivery/made the payment. Only 1 small issue we found was the right headlight wasn't recessed completely into the body. Hardly noticeable. Nevertheless, raised an SR for it. Absolute gem of a quality that AUSTIN build!!!!!!

Friends, meet OPTIMUS
View attachment 921426
View attachment 921427
Woo Hoo! Congrats on being a proud Model Y owner! Optimus looks awesome! Next step? PPF? Ceramic?

Reactions: FanboyNC
Reply to the text that was sent to you for setting up your vehicle's delivery. Ask them for the vehicle's birth date and state your concerns re previous reject. A Sales Advisor should get back to you within a few hours.

I wouldn't be overly concerned about the short window between VIN assignment and delivery. Tesla is delivering as many units as possible to bolster EOQ results.

Are you sure your assigned vehicle was built in Austin? I thought Texas bound vehicles were built in Fremont in order to avoid round tripping them.
Basing the "Austin build" on the "PA" as opposed to "PF" in the VIN. Not sure that there is anything else to go by. Thanks for the other suggestions. We have pinged them for answers.

Reactions: ev4robert
Picked up my white MY SR awd today. I rushed out because I had my screaming one year old with me. I didnt even realized I didnt get any kind of receipt. For those who already picked up their vehicles, did you get any kind of documentation? I was wondering because in order to apply for the tax credit, I assume you need some kind of receipt.

The only thing wrong with the car that I found was this. View attachment 921422
Its on both sides of the front bumper. For a second I thought it had PPF from the factory. Something I could live with I guess.
In the documents section of your Tesla Account, you should see a copy of the Delivery receipt that you signed at the SC.

I'm not sure if that will suffice for the tax credit. I was told by the SA that Tesla would be sending out whatever documentation is necessary before next tax season.

Last edited:
Reactions: chucktaylur
What do you think:???
On 3/22/23 I was assigned VIN ( PA085XXX) and EDD 3/22 -3/28 .. then VIN was disappered.... when I called ask the reason , then the answer " failed final inspec shipped it back to Texas???) Next morning I had another VIN (PA093XXX) with the EDD push back to 4/3- 4/14..????
Better for you. That's a relatively newer build.. 093, I'm assuming was built just this week. Good luck!!!

I did not get a cargo cover. Austin built.
I would recommend you put in a service ticket. Worst case scenario they say no, or try to charge you in which case you can decide if you want it or not. The user manual is a little fuzzy on this subject. They call it a parcel shelf. The cargo cover in the user manual is the lower one that would cover a spare tire (if it had one) and no one to my knowledge has been missing that one.

Reactions: Ayushbh
I suppose "lots" is relative since it takes Tesla only about 5 hours to make that many Model Ys. :)

FrXiC7yWIAc9Aq0

Source

I don't know where Austin-built Teslas go before getting sold to Texas residents, but the distance from Austin to a state nearest Texas that allows direct sales and back may be shorter than the distance from Fremont to Texas. For me, it would seem most logical to ship an Austin-built Tesla to Mississippi to be sold to me then to the service center in Tyler, Texas instead of a Fremont-built Tesla to Tyler, Texas. I would prefer an Austin build because I'd rather have rear and front castings over matrix headlights and I think it's neat knowing that as a Texas resident, I'd be getting a Texas-built vehicle.

direct-sales.png

Source
Front and rear castings on a Model Y Long Range??
I thought All LR model Y's had 2170 batteries and therefore Only the Rear is a casting

Isn't the AWD with 4680 the only Y with front and rear Giga castings?

Has Tesla now made a casting for the front and also integrated it while still using 2170 batteries?

Last edited:
I would recommend you put in a service ticket. Worst case scenario they say no, or try to charge you in which case you can decide if you want it or not. The user manual is a little fuzzy on this subject. They call it a parcel shelf. The cargo cover in the user manual is the lower one that would cover a spare tire (if it had one) and no one to my knowledge has been missing that one.
The cargo cover is dual purpose. It also helps to dampen noise coming from the rear, so I would definitely try to get one.

• Informative
Reactions: FanboyNC
General questions for people that ordered after Jan 1 and have received their Model Y.

Did you receive a group of documents in the mail that includes the Certificate of Origin?

They did not have it at the Service center when I picked up the Fremont built MY performance and this was a cash purchase, no lenders involved.
Our state requires the new owner to do the title transfer, tax, registration, and plates. Generally our DMV wants the Certificate of Origin to issue a state title on a new vehicle and also does a vehicle VIN match inspection.

Anyone in socal want to do a reservation swap? The car is ready for pickup on 3/28 or 3/29 but I’m not ready yet.
LRYAWD
Black interior/white exterior
5 seats
Base price: 52995
Pickup location riverside

None of the registration info has been filled out yet. Looking to swap with someone with the same base price.

Thanks

View attachment 921548View attachment 921549
I might actually be interested, I have same basic option coming Apr 5-12 to Orange County. How does this work?

OD 1/18 with no VIN, no coming soon texts, no Tesla vision texts.

MYLR W/B 19" No Options
OD - Push order button 1/17 PM, Order agreement date 1/18
EDD1 - January to March
EDD2 - February 8 - March 31
EDD3 - March 6 - March 31
EDD 4 Updated 3/4 - March 27 - 31
EDD 5 Updated 3/12 - March 28 - 31
EDD 6 Updated 3/22 - April 5 - May 3
No Text for 1-2 week VIN alert
VIN not assigned
Location - Las Vegas, NV
Hi there - My times lines coincide with yours - to the dot. I'm in GA. Not a happy camper with all the delays.

My Freemont 7 seater was missing one. They didn’t have anything but 5 seater ones at the service center. They set up a service request for it. Picked up car on Saturday and supposedly are bringing the cover to my house on Tuesday

Reactions: holmesm1