Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Mine is supposed to arrive tomorrow evening and not expected to be ready on Saturday. So, I’ll be doing the same thing on Sunday!

Figure I can get the exterior inspection (mostly) out of the way and speed up my pickup on Monday.
Whelp, so much for that plan. I’m assuming they have the car indoors because I have an early pickup tomorrow and we’re expecting snow.

Trying to temper my excitement because for all I know, they never received it and didn’t bother to tell me.

Reactions: Mr_Joe and erktrek
Front and rear castings on a Model Y Long Range??
I thought All LR model Y's had 2170 batteries and therefore Only the Rear is a casting

Isn't the AWD with 4680 the only Y with front and rear Giga castings?

Has Tesla now made a casting for the front and also integrated it while still using 2170 batteries?
See this post...
This is not accurate. Elon mentioned a few earnings calls ago that Austin was ready to produce rear and front castings with 2170 packs.

Ever watch Joe Tegtmeyer’s YouTube drone videos of Austin factory? some of his videos show MY “body-in-whites” (the assembled frames) kept outside the factory showing front and rear castings for both 4680s and 2170s. You can tell them apart because the 4680 frames have no middle section (the battery pack with seats attached becomes the middle) while the 2170s do have a floor/middle section

• Informative
Reactions: erktrek
Reply to the text that was sent to you for setting up your vehicle's delivery. Ask them for the vehicle's birth date and state your concerns re previous reject. A Sales Advisor should get back to you within a few hours.

I wouldn't be overly concerned about the short window between VIN assignment and delivery. Tesla is delivering as many units as possible to bolster EOQ results.

Are you sure your assigned vehicle was built in Austin? I thought Texas bound vehicles were built in Fremont in order to avoid round tripping them.
Tesla says "
Birthday: Fri Mar 24 9:00:30 2023. The vehicle was not previously rejected, no. Came straight from the factory in Texas." So all looks good & we pick up on Wednesday. Thanks for the suggestions and moral support:D

Well... I am F done w/ Tesla and in their attempt trying to get a higher Gross Margin for the Q1 results....

I was perfectly fine and willing to step up to a 7 seater (and waste an additional $4K for 2 useless seats that will get used once a year.. if we are lucky) , What I am NOT willing to do is forsake the color we want in Silver. Nor am I willing to pay for that stupid ass curb rash magnent, $2K useless 20 inch wheels. But it is clear to me that all Tesla wants to do is to crank out 7 seaters, Long Range MY with RED (the most expensive color and a total cop magnet for me) and spike it with 20 inchs wheels and white interior.

I have been playing the hitting "refresh" bottom on waitingfortesla for the last 3 weeks. At this point.. I am just gonna say FU Tesla. Your greedy a$$ has finally pissed me off. I am going to stick with my 5 seater with towing hitch and Silver color and I am not gonna F budge... Its clear to me that you knew all along that the $7,500 rebate is not going away (because you DAMN know the exact materials you are using in your cars). As much as I would love to have a car in March... I have had it!! I am gonna sit on my ass and wait for my exact car. I am in NO hurry now and I dont want to give you a penny for your friggin upsell strategy. KMA!!

peace out!!

beewang

Well... I am F done w/ Tesla and in their attempt trying to get a higher Gross Margin for the Q1 results....

I was perfectly fine and willing to step up to a 7 seater (and waste an additional $4K for 2 useless seats that will get used once a year.. if we are lucky) , What I am NOT willing to do is forsake the color we want in Silver. Nor am I willing to pay for that stupid ass curb rash magnent, $2K useless 20 inch wheels. But it is clear to me that all Tesla wants to do is to crank out 7 seaters, Long Range MY with RED (the most expensive color and a total cop magnet for me) and spike it with 20 inchs wheels and white interior.

I have been playing the hitting "refresh" bottom on waitingfortesla for the last 3 weeks. At this point.. I am just gonna say FU Tesla. Your greedy a$$ has finally pissed me off. I am going to stick with my 5 seater with towing hitch and Silver color and I am not gonna F budge... Its clear to me that you knew all along that the $7,500 rebate is not going away (because you DAMN know the exact materials you are using in your cars). As much as I would love to have a car in March... I have had it!! I am gonna sit on my ass and wait for my exact car. I am in NO hurry now and I dont want to give you a penny for your friggin upsell strategy. KMA!!

peace out!!

beewang
Preach it !!! I am in the exact same boat and am doing the same. I have not even logged into the Tesla site today!!!

Lots of new Ys on =waitingfortesla

~250
It looks like Tesla just dumped over 200 demos(?) in inventory. There are currently ~400 listed on WFT this evening.

One just popped up as an accelerated delivery option for me, but it's silver instead of white and has no tow hitch.

Screenshot 2023-03-26 at 16.47.39.png

Reactions: Mr_Joe
It looks like Tesla just dumped over 200 demos(?) in inventory. There are currently ~400 listed on WFT this evening.

One just popped up as an accelerated delivery option for me, but it's silver instead of white and has no tow hitch.
So with the discount you are getting the Silver color for free. The hitch can be added on for $1300 ($300 more than Factory)I'd take it!

• Funny
Reactions: Mr_Joe and zroger73

peace out!!

beewang
Just HODL. At least that’s what I’ve done. They still had to deliver my MYLR5 MSM 19” standard to me. 🤣

They are selling many demos in NJ with a mileage ranging from 700 to 3600. Demos are customer test drive vehicles. If we take 5 miles per test drive, it would be like 140 to 720 customers who have tried these vehicles. No Thanks!
That’s a valid point. I just got a demo and it has 85 miles. I think it was a showroom car and those are always locked. Mileage is due to the cars being rotated between models.

Build date was December. Austin.

That’s a valid point. I just got a demo and it has 85 miles. I think it was a showroom car and those are always locked. Mileage is due to the cars being rotated between models.

Build date was December. Austin.
I don't think they are locked. Went to SC in NJ and they were open so people can sit in them and see what they are like.

I don't think they are locked. Went to SC in NJ and they were open so people can sit in them and see what they are like.
Highly dependent on the Tesla SC/Showroom.

The one in Paramus, NJ has 1 demo car inside that is fully opened (all doors, trunk, frunk, etc) so people can sit inside and see how the vehicle is. I've seen other locations on YouTube or online where multiple cars just sit on the showroom floor and are locked so visitors/customers can only view the exterior (they are usually detailed so they are very clean). Additionally, there are also vehicles outside that potential customers can take for a test drive so I'm assuming those are the ones on WFT that are showing with very large mileage.

They dropped a lot of silver demos in MA and NJ if you are interested
So I took a look - yeah the Silver one at Cherry Hill is really close BUT I think at this point I prefer to stick with my order and get a newer build AND 19" tires. Even with the demo discount it would still be more expensive once you factor in "Destination and other fees" - No tax for EVs in NJ which is cool.

So tempting but must ... resist..

So I took a look - yeah the Silver one at Cherry Hill is really close BUT I think at this point I prefer to stick with my order and get a newer build AND 19" tires. Even with the demo discount it would still be more expensive once you factor in "Destination and other fees" - No tax for EVs in NJ which is cool.

So tempting but must ... resist..
I’m moving in a few weeks and wanted my car swap to be over! Which is why I opted to swap to the 20” wheels at “half the cost”. Sucks that it’s an older build but should be as good as other ones being build today.

If there is no rush I would just stay with what you got