Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Think a lot of us still waiting for delivery feel OK about receiving the full tax credit but any that are worried, just saw this updated banner at the top of the Tesla main page.

View attachment 922859
I do believe IRS website just updated. Look at the time stamp. I think us (model Y bunch) should be safe

Attachments

• 7E9B7470-F2FC-4393-B514-F49D3DFB3F03.png
    7E9B7470-F2FC-4393-B514-F49D3DFB3F03.png
    443.8 KB · Views: 117
I think you got the last one in Arizona, brother. I’m still waiting in a VIN 🤦🏻‍♂️
Sorry to hear that. Perhaps you'd have better luck if you're willing to accept another color. You might ask your SA if that would help.

I know a guy (also in Phoenix area) who ordered his P in MSM and just received his car this past weekend in under three weeks. I was shocked. Don't mean to make you feel bad - only offering a suggestion.

Last edited:
Reactions: Coils
Anyone take delivery of a 2023 Model Y Performance and love or hate the ride quality? I’m now about to update my January 19th order to a performance and looking for pros or cons
I also changed from the Long Range to the Performance and the ride Is better than I expected it to be. It came with the Michelin pilot sports which have been great tires on other vehicles for me. I do worry about Pot holes and did curb the left front Ubertine, but so far no problems.
It drives super smooth and quiet. Really Do like the car and Glad I spent the extra money for the Performance model now.

What do they pay for? Is it just for installation or the actual charger itself?

So, I was looking at the application and I have to buy the home charger first because you have to provide the charger ID or serial number. That is crazy. I do not understand why that matters now? I just want to apply and get approved. I would still have to have the electrician complete a form and then provide all the proof or purchase and install.

Makes no sense. I am not spending $400+ to get denied and then have to return the item and just install a NEMA 14-50 outlet and use the less expensive mobile charger.

Why so much red tape?
According to these guys, using any charger that isn't hard wired for long term use is not recommended (those are some melted plugs):

• Helpful
Reactions: erktrek and starise
MYLR 5S White/Black 19. No add on

OD - 1/26 (1/27 on record)

EDD1 - Jan-Mar
EDD2 2/2 - Mar17 - Mar 31
EDD 2/14 - Mar 27 -Mar 31
EDD 2/28 - Apr - 16 May 22
EDD 3/22 - Apr 1 - Apr 15
VIN assigned - 3/29/2023 around 8 p.m. PT (PA Austin build)
EDD 3/29 - Apr 10 - Apr 17

Location - LA County, CA
All those with late January ODs I think the end is near for us all. For those in NJ, I think Tesla is making a last minute push to get us to take MYAWDs that may have a higher profit margin for Tesla. If we hold out a bit longer we get what we ordered at the right price. :)

I also changed from the Long Range to the Performance and the ride Is better than I expected it to be. It came with the Michelin pilot sports which have been great tires on other vehicles for me. I do worry about Pot holes and did curb the left front Ubertine, but so far no problems.
It drives super smooth and quiet. Really Do like the car and Glad I spent the extra money for the Performance model now.
I’m happy to read that you love it! Bummer that you smacked into a curb like that! Do you do a lot of city curb parking?

Reactions: starise and erktrek
As some of us expected, and said so, the Model Y qualifies for the full $7.5K rebate. No mention of battery requirements.

This does not look like it has been updated as it still includes the Model 3 RWD which has a battery manufactured in China.

Reactions: erktrek and Mr_Joe
Reactions: erktrek
Sorry to hear that. Perhaps you'd have better luck if you're willing to accept another color. You might ask your SA if that would help.

I know a guy (also in Phoenix area) who ordered his P in MSM and just received his car this past weekend in under three weeks. I was shocked. Don't mean to make you feel bad - only offering a suggestion.

Thanks! No worries - I appreciate the suggestion.

When you switched from LR to MYP, how did you do it? Did you text the 510 number or call the store (I imagine the one in Fashion Square if you’re in Scottsdale)?

Picked up my Demo Y LRAWD today. Car was basically perfect and I found a scratch and some alignment issues with the truck and they said they would fix it.

Dropping off my trade was easy. Talked with 2 advisors to make sure I could take my charger and floor mats from my Ioniq 5. Both said yes and isn’t an issue.

Attachments

• 92C5EB19-140A-4F3C-8472-565362209DED.jpeg
    92C5EB19-140A-4F3C-8472-565362209DED.jpeg
    257 KB · Views: 67
  • 617A1C51-B6EF-47DF-B986-342236437474.jpeg
    617A1C51-B6EF-47DF-B986-342236437474.jpeg
    426.4 KB · Views: 77
Picked up my Demo Y LRAWD today. Car was basically perfect and I found a scratch and some alignment issues with the truck and they said they would fix it.

Dropping off my trade was easy. Talked with 2 advisors to make sure I could take my charger and floor mats from my Ioniq 5. Both said yes and isn’t an issue.

Did you find out about the alignment after driving off the lot? Trying to think you identified that before taking delivery... Asking for myself. I'm picking up in a few hours.

Also, that scratch, are they fixing at a later date or did they fix right away?

Update: My delivery was scheduled for tomorrow Mar 31. Late last night still no VIN but ironically when I went to Inventory (just nosy I don’t have any other purposes beside browsing) I saw the property edition (exact same configuration as mine) so I texted 510 number and asked “what’s going here”. This morning, VIN appeared so I wasnt sure someone checked the text and matched or VIN was auto assigned. Finished setting payment and insurance. Tesla insurance is very competitive and not bad at all comparing to what I have with Farmer for my 15 yr old ICE car. Question: does anyone know how to sync 2 Tesla in 1 app without logging in and out?

Thanks! No worries - I appreciate the suggestion.

When you switched from LR to MYP, how did you do it? Did you text the 510 number or call the store (I imagine the one in Fashion Square if you’re in Scottsdale)?
I first asked the SA via text if making the change would likely speed up delivery. The response was the chances are good since MY LRs are in much higher demand than Ps. I made the change to my order online. I then sent a brief text notifying them of my change and thanked them. I received no response.

I picked up my Tesla from the SC on Raintree (Scottsdale Airpark area).

Reactions: erktrek and Coils