Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm not sure that makes any difference here in Texas since the vehicles must be shipped out of state, purchased, then shipped back, so the time and distance from factory to customer might not be much, if any, shorter and might actually be longer.

So, the only thing new we know is that the full $7,500 will now end no sooner than April 17 instead of March 1 or March 31. Beyond that, we still don't know whether or not the Model Y will qualify for $7,500, $3,750, or $0, so nothing has changed in that regard.

Now, more than ever, I wished that Tesla's EDDs were accurate since mine is currently April 2-16.

Good god - what a clusterphuk. Where's my Valium?!?! :D

I guess now the end-of-quarter push will now extend to April 17. I bet there are a lot of exhausted employees at Tesla. ;)
Can confirm, I am in Austin. No VIN yet OD 1/22 and people with February orders have been getting VINs and deliveries. 🤷‍♂️

Seems likely it will keep it, assuming the end of this article is accurate. It says battery cells built in US and large percentage sourced in Australia and Canada. But no way to know for sure until the list gets published.

Tesla expects to lose full $7,500 tax credit on its cheapest electric car

Hoping my last EDD gets pushed sooner, I don't get how it could suddenly get delayed from late March all the way to late April-May in the last week of March!

Note: Updated March 31, 2023
Seems likely it will keep it, assuming the end of this article is accurate. It says battery cells built in US and large percentage sourced in Australia and Canada. But no way to know for sure until the list gets published.

Hoping my last EDD gets pushed sooner, I don't get how it could suddenly get delayed from late March all the way to late April-May in the last week of March!
It is not delayed. Tesla pushed it back to sell more higher margin cars. All orders with basic options like color and white seats only are in same boat.

Tesla has already updated their website with the following:

1680270418538.png

So this is pretty telling. MY probably keeps full credit.

Reactions: erktrek
And there is still a chance to iron out any wrinkles left in today’s guidance, as today’s rule is merely a “proposed” rule, rather than a final one. The proposed rule is published in the federal register, and public comments will be taken through June 16. This also means that vehicles placed into service between April 18 and whenever the final rule goes into effect will use the proposed rule, whereas later vehicles will use the final rule, in whatever form that rule takes. Any changes are likely to be minor.

Note: Updated March 31, 2023

It is not delayed. Tesla pushed it back to sell more higher margin cars. All orders with basic options like color and white seats only are in same boat.
Yeah, that makes sense. It's just frustrating. Unfortunately, I only have room for $1500 of options (I chose towing) before it would cross the $55k cap for the $3500 MA tax rebate. Plus trying to stick to a budget.

Maybe those are the standard range MYAWD? I keep seeing those in inventory, but don't really want to switch and lose 50 miles of range for an insignificant savings on price.
Most likely you are correct based on waitingfortesla. I will hold on for the 51 miles of range for an extra $1500.

That range is never going to be hit in real world. So for the AWD model, maybe you get 250 miles at 100% charge and for the LR maybe you get a bit under 300 at 100% charge.

Reactions: erktrek
Me too here in NJ. Ordered before the price went back up and was able to get Blue with White interior option till I reached the cap. Still No VIN.
You are a week ahead of me on OD but my guess is that white interior with the blue exterior is not popular (not saying it is not nice together). I also think blue may be the least popular color.

There is a MYAWD at Princeton in Blue/Black but I want the LR.

Waiting still... When they pushed to date up to March, I was panicked as I had another car to sell and almost wasn't ready (but figured it out). Now with the news about the tax credit, I'm wondering if I should change to another similar option that might be available in existing inventory somewhere.
MYLR White on White, 19", 5 seater. OD: 2/20 CA Delivery
ED #1 April-June. ED#2 April 27-June 6. ED#3 March 27-31 ED#4 May 5-9

No more schedule slips for me. Picked up my MYLR Blue/Blk/Tow last night in Raleigh. Such a beautiful car. I couldn't find anything wrong with it so I am very happy. It was a long wait but eventually it made it. Got the latest software update (2023.6.9) this morning. Vision Park Assist doesn't seem to work for me though. I guess time will tell on how this Vision system works.
20230331_093604.jpg
Hoping you each get your car as soon as possible and that your car is all you hoped it would be.

Tesla has already updated their website with the following:

View attachment 923368

So this is pretty telling. MY probably keeps full credit.
Agreed. They still expect the M3RWD to no longer qualify for the $7,500 credit, but it seems as though all other M3s and MYs will based on the exclusion of such notice for those models. I would think that if those models were also at risk of losing the credit, Tesla would mention them just as they mentioned the M3RWD.

1680274592645.png

1680274501850.png

1680273923999.png

1680273954329.png

Last edited:
Reactions: Skunis
I'm not sure that makes any difference here in Texas since the vehicles must be shipped out of state, purchased, then shipped back, so the time and distance from factory to customer might not be much, if any, shorter and might actually be longer.
Going out of and then back into Texas is still a lot closer than Texas or California to NJ. 😁