Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If you ordered the MYP just to get earlier delivery, I think you're going to continue to second guess yourself and you'll be miserable.

Even after learning today of the 'new April 18 IRS guidance date', I am very happy that I chose the MY P for reasons that I shared with you in an earlier post. In fact, I feel that had I gotten the LR, I think I would have always experienced a touch of envy every time I spotted a P on the road.

I encourage you to arrange with Tesla SC to test drive a P and LR. Compare them side by side and then decide which you will be more happy with in the long run.

Thanks!

I did test drive both back-to-back before ordering, and honestly would be happy with either from a performance standpoint. I’m coming from a much older and slower car, so either would be a MASSIVE upgrade in performance. The P’s looks and acceleration are definitely nice (granted the test drive route in Scottsdale doesn’t let you punch it *too* much, but you can tell), but the LR is plenty for me.

I’ll think about it (unless a VIN comes and then I’m locked into the P haha).

I was able to pick up my car yesterday evening in Raleigh. The wait has finally ended. I didn't find any issues at all while doing my inspections. I didn't use any checklists or anything and also am not super critical, however it looked great to me. I am very happy with the vehicle so far.

It is a Freemont build and I did get the cargo cover as well as matrix headlights.
Are Cargo Covers and Matrix headlights not standard on all Ys, or does the inclusion of these depend on the factory it's built?

I wonder if you don't receive a Cargo Cover whether you can just ask for one.

Hope you all get your Vins/cars soon! The wait will be worth it!!

Attachments

• 55D87FC1-F8B2-4B8E-9B29-C54AE3D99932.jpeg
    55D87FC1-F8B2-4B8E-9B29-C54AE3D99932.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 86
After two and half months of wait (OD 1/19) finally, I picked up MYLR from Princeton, NJ yesterday.

I uploaded insurance card, completed payment via plaid and other formalities before hand. When I got there, car was ready, agent told me where it is and said my name tag is on dashboard, he opened car while we walked to car, we checked everything inside and out. Except for few gaps, all looked good. He helped me open tickets for it and were were on a road within 15 mins.

Very smooth delivery process, we were done earlier than expected. There were so many new Tesla in a parking lot but they didn't seem busy. There were only three other families taking delivery while we were there.

Good luck to everyone. Everyone in this forum helped tremendously with so much information which made it easy while waiting for two and half months.
Very cool - sadly our delivery could well be in June, 4+ months or so (no EDD change). My wife is SO sick of me babbling on about all things Tesla at this point.

edit: I realize it's due to the spike in orders in Jan after the price cuts but that STILL doesn't excuse the lack of customer engagement through regular updates.

Last edited:
I wonder what triggers changes in EDDs?? Mine is firmly stuck long time in the future. I was hoping that after the end of Q1 we would see lots of changes, but I haven’t seen many yet. Out of curiosity, do changes happen at a particular time of the day?
Some have said after 9 am.. but dunno if that is CST or what. I DID have a change once that happened after 9 pm EST - while I was posting here.

However ours hasn't changed in a while either. I'm guessing that the large EDD window means they don't have anything set yet in terms of delivery / production assignments for our orders. Not that a narrower window did any good last quarter either... 🤷‍♂️

Reactions: groenqueen
Some have said after 9 am.. but dunno if that is CST or what. I DID have a change once that happened after 9 pm EST - while I was posting here.

However ours hasn't changed in a while either. I'm guessing that the large EDD window means they don't have anything set yet in terms of delivery / production assignments for our orders. Not that a narrower window did any good last quarter either... 🤷‍♂️
Yeah this is why I'm not expecting anything. I had a delivery window of 3/26-3/31 at one point, and many other updates prior to that one with small windows as well. The real issue I have had with this experience is the expect a VIN in 1-2 weeks text I got over a month ago with no follow up or anything to explain why I never got it. Me reaching out to Tesla didn't get me anywhere either.

In your case is even more weird, since you are in a Factory state. Yeah, I know cars have to go out of state and come back to Texas, but that should be quicker than coming to East coast. I thought that now after the madness of EoQ, it was going to be East Coast’s turn. But such a long window starting at the end of April, seems to indicate what erktrek said, no plans for our orders yet.

Reactions: erktrek
1/24 Odered MYLR (Ext White/Int Black/19" wheels/5 seat/basic autopilot)
Orange County,CA
1/24 EDD Jan-Mar 2023
1/25 EDD 3/22-3/31
2/4 EDD 3/19-3/31
2/28 EDD 3/18-3/31
3/7 EDD 4/2-5/7
3/12 EDD 3/25-3/31
3/22 EDD 3/31-4/14

3/25 VIN Assigned EDD 4/6-4/12 (PA095xxx)
3/30 EDD 4/1-4/10
4/2 EDD 4/4-4/10

EDD updated to 4/2-4/11. Hopeful but not expecting anything.
Our builds are similar except I have tow. I'm also in Texas and mine is scheduled to be delivered to the service center in Tyler. As of this morning, my EDD updated from Apr 2-16 to Apr 2-11. Also like you, I had an EDD window as short as Mar 27-31 on March 27, so my confidence level is low that the vehicle will actually arrive within this latest range. :)

1680452785645.png

Reactions: erktrek
Took delivery of MYLR MSM/BLK/19 today from Seattle SC.
Car came with Front Mud Flaps and PPF for Mini Rocker Area. :D

The process was smooth. Inspected the car before payment & agreements.
SC team were very accommodating (atleast for me)
Found 2 panel-gap/trim issues(not major), SA raised the service request from their end.

Getting used to one-pedal drive.
Hope y'all get yours as early as possible.
Waiting for a MYLR in Seattle so this is good information. By Seattle SC do you mean the one in SODO? Was your car a Fremont or Austin build?

Took delivery of MYLR MSM/BLK/19 today from Seattle SC.
Car came with Front Mud Flaps and PPF for Mini Rocker Area. :D

The process was smooth. Inspected the car before payment & agreements.
SC team were very accommodating (atleast for me)
Found 2 panel-gap/trim issues(not major), SA raised the service request from their end.

Getting used to one-pedal drive.
Hope y'all get yours as early as possible.
Congratulations. I got mine on Friday but in Vancouver SC. After driving over 100miles in a day, I got used to one-pedal drive now.
For other folks like my case, my EDD was 3/28-3/31 and then changed to 4/3-5/2. I thought the change ridiculous and made some calls but no progress. So I decided to go up to Seattle SC to see what I could get. They told me the soft delivery date of my case was 4/7 so I was very confused why I was told it in March. Of course there was official excuse I heard many times and could recite it, so I said I was looking for solution but not excuse . Fortunately they found one in Vancouver WA and could be delivered by 3/24 and I accepted it. Then another two delay and eccenually got my care on 3/31, last day of March, not sure whether it has meaning now. I didn't find significant issues other than gap of frunk trim between two sides is not as even as opposed to another car. They told me the diff within spec and I was not insisting any more as I think it minor and not impacting my driving experience.
I think what I want to say is that go to SC by person may make things better than a call. EDD is a joke, which is how Tesla tries to make itself more promising and attractive than other manufacture in delivery.