Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You make good points here. I do agree that the buyers should have done better DD on their purchase. What is TeslaQ?

That being said, wasn't he constantly claiming that it was ready or coming soon? That the prices are going up, so buy now etc etc. He played on people's FOMO. Not cool! He could/should have been lot more honest about timelines and capabilities. He grossly exaggerated knowing they were false claims.

Anyway, I still like the car plenty and don't like his dishonesty and bullying. I wish he used his perch/wealth to be a role model and example to others. He accomplished quite a bit at Tesla and I am thankful for that at least.
Apologies - TSLAQ ...

Some might call that "marketing".. ;)

How does anyone take his words to be anything but aspirational at this point? FSD is incredible even in it's current form and a much better generalized solution than the premapped geofenced offerings from competitors (which are also pretty cool too). It seems a little odd that folks who despise Elon and by extension Tesla are so willing to hang off his every word.

I've also seen a lot of unfulfilled promises from legacy car manufacturers and some of their dealers aren't the most honest but neither are held to such absurdly high standards quite like Tesla is. Again it has to be perfect or it's a complete failure in the minds of some detractors.

We did not make this purchase on the promise of future self driving but the benefits of electrification given one of the most efficient and technologically advanced vehicles and charging network out there and also we are fortunate enough to have the means to do so.

Last edited:
Reactions: LetsGoElectric
From watching this thread, it looked like many NJ members were getting their deliveries. Maybe the less populated regions are seeing longer delays?
I am just 15 minutes from the Princeton SC but it seems like people are getting VINs from the week or two before my OD. Hoping they are now going to start to fill those trains up with cars to the east coast (outside of MYAWD which I do not want and could have had last week).

Reactions: erktrek
I have a feeling somehow Musk just doesn't like you 😬 🤷‍♂️ :D
I love Mister Musk. He is one of my favorite people. He is a very smart man and makes very neat battery-powered people movers. I love how he makes cars that make fart sounds. Very useful! I am very thankful for the good things that Mister Musk has done for our lovely planet.

[@zroger73 returns to the corner of the dark room and resumes feverishly swiping the screen on his smartphone in a fetal position waiting for a VIN with bloodshot eyes and drool running down his cheek while continuously humming the happy birthday song off-key]

From watching this thread, it looked like many NJ members were getting their deliveries. Maybe the less populated regions are seeing longer delays?
Not the folks who ordered toward the end of Jan that's for sure - Cherry Hill, NJ area being relatively close to Philadelphia is not exactly rural.

Last edited:
I think you guys will start seeing your deliveries soon. Based on the Q1 report at least 10K cars are around in transit and will be delivered soon hopefully!

I got my VIN on 6th March, but there were lots of delays and finally got the car only on the 24th March.

I am sure the order pace reduced from Jan/Feb and they will catch up soon.

Keeping fingers crossed for your fast delivery and full rebate!