Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Found this old article to locate TESLA VIN. I already have a VIN and not sure if this will work withs others who have not got their VIN. Worth a try. Wished I had found this earlier, not that it would have made my VIN assignment any faster but, just some satisfaction. Please don't take this any confirmation of any sort, as it is ultimately upto Tesla to assign VIN number and can change anytime.
Tried this and no VIN found.

After two and a half months on this roller coaster, I finally decided I've had enough whiplash. I called Tesla back and had the Dallas-bound vehicle assigned to my order. I finally have a VIN even though I had to locate the vehicle myself and will have to travel farther to pick it up. I'll need to find a ride to Dallas - my delivery appointment has been scheduled for the evening of April 12. I could have waited until a match showed up in Tyler, but I'm tired of the uncertainty at this point and need to get on with living life instead of tending to the blisters on my thumb caused by feverishly swiping my smartphone's screen to check for updates all day long. :)
You mean that you got "Weak" and gave in on having tesla to do their job and you just made the sacrifice to inconvenient your self to get your car :p
For that I am kicking you out from the "Stand-Your-Ground" Brotherhood.

LOL!! Congrats and Cheers!!

beewang

Yes - that, too! :D I really am mentally exhausted, though - I've never waited more than a day to take any of the dozens of automobiles I've purchased over the years home after deciding I wanted one. This Tesla buying experience is very different and foreign to me - better in some ways, but worse in others. Today's action whittled away a lot of that uncertainty - now I just have to hope that it's in acceptable condition and figure out how to get it home.

I didn't realize just how obsessed I had become over this until I caught myself still opening the Tesla app to check for updates even though I now have a delivery date scheduled. That's not healthy.

There's an exact match for my brother-in-law's build in Plano. I tried calling, texting, and emailing him in case he wanted to do what I did, but he's in church and it'll probably be gone by the time he gets the memo.

• Funny
Reactions: beewang and erktrek
First forum post - wanted to chime in here.

Order: Black/Black MYP
OD: 2/15
Vin Received yesterday: 04/02
EDD: 04/16 - 04/22

Getting excited but NOT getting my hopes up... would be really ideal to get delivered before the 18th. We shall see.

FYI - no email or text regarding VIN. Just found it in the app.
First forum post - wanted to chime in here.

Order: Black/Black MYP
OD: 2/15
Vin Received yesterday: 04/02
EDD: 04/16 - 04/22

Getting excited but NOT getting my hopes up... would be really ideal to get delivered before the 18th. We shall see.

FYI - no email or text regarding VIN. Just found it in the app.
Update: got message to schedule delivery this AM. Pickup scheduled for April 17. So time between order and delivery (assuming delivery happens that day) is approximately 8 weeks.

Reactions: zroger73
1/24 Odered MYLR (Ext White/Int Black/19" wheels/5 seat/basic autopilot)
Orange County,CA
1/24 EDD Jan-Mar 2023
1/25 EDD 3/22-3/31
2/4 EDD 3/19-3/31
2/28 EDD 3/18-3/31
3/7 EDD 4/2-5/7
3/12 EDD 3/25-3/31
3/22 EDD 3/31-4/14

3/25 VIN Assigned EDD 4/6-4/12 (PA095xxx)
3/30 EDD 4/1-4/10
4/2 EDD 4/4-4/10

4/7 - Delivered

Austin build
4D1 Rear motor
Cargo cover was included

Overall satisfied with the build. Frunk, trunk, door gaps looked fine and reasonable based on other's. Only two major issues:
(1) interior front door panel alignment is off for both front doors, is this normal/acceptable?
(2) paint scratches on the interior of the passenger door
Austin seems to have a problem with putting their doors on even. In the past 4 months, I have rejected 2 model Y's, one a LRAWD out of Texas that had front passenger door that was misaligned top to bottom. This was replaced by my current LRAWD out of Freemont, perfect. The second reject was last month on a SRAWD out of Austin, this was going to be our 2nd MY. The second reject had a misaligned driver's side rear door, which was looked at by a Tesla tech at delivery. I was told that it would need to go to body shop to be corrected, No thanks, not on a 50k car, or for that matter ANY car. So we're currently waiting for our 2nd MY hoping it's from Freemont, but seriously thinking of cancelling the order. Tesla wants to pump these out and have the maybe unlucky recipient inspect and deal with these issues. I think I'm done. Sorry for the rant.

Update: got message to schedule delivery this AM. Pickup scheduled for April 17. So time between order and delivery (assuming delivery happens that day) is approximately 8 weeks.
puruttya-fuhhh.gif

I originally ordered at the $53490 on January 27 and am still waiting for the vehicle W/W 19”. ETA is still showing April to June.

Order has been revised to reflect the current price of $52990. If the price goes up before the vehicle is delivered, will price be revised to the lower of $53490 and the latest price OR does it keep the $52990?
We ordered around the same time as you and our price did not go up when they raised prices so it will not go up if they raise prices again.. we all get the lower rate as long as we don't change anything. I think this is a very cool thing for Tesla to do actually.

Austin seems to have a problem with putting their doors on even. In the past 4 months, I have rejected 2 model Y's, one a LRAWD out of Texas that had front passenger door that was misaligned top to bottom. This was replaced by my current LRAWD out of Freemont, perfect. The second reject was last month on a SRAWD out of Austin, this was going to be our 2nd MY. The second reject had a misaligned driver's side rear door, which was looked at by a Tesla tech at delivery. I was told that it would need to go to body shop to be corrected, No thanks, not on a 50k car, or for that matter ANY car. So we're currently waiting for our 2nd MY hoping it's from Freemont, but seriously thinking of cancelling the order. Tesla wants to pump these out and have the maybe unlucky recipient inspect and deal with these issues. I think I'm done. Sorry for the rant.
I've noticed the same for Austin builds. The doors are just not as good as Fremont's builds and some Austin builds give a hard time trying to close the door.

Reactions: Andrometer4
I feel bad for buyers who took delivery shortly before the big drop on Jan 12. I also feel bad for buyers who paid for and took delivery between Feb 4-12 and Apr 6 when prices were $1,500-$2,000 higher, but that's just the way the cookie crumbles. :(
It does suck but if inventory doesn't sell, then Tesla could lower the prices again by a few hundred or even thousand. The lowest price the MYLR was at a point was $48,990 so it is indeed possible.

Then we'd be the ones who bought at a slightly higher price despite both price points being great deals.

Reactions: erktrek
I've noticed the same for Austin builds. The doors are just not as good as Fremont's builds and some Austin builds give a hard time trying to close the door.
There are also those who take delivery from Austin and are very happy with the build quality so it varies.. I suspect both factories are getting better over time as processes streamline and QC gets better.

I feel bad for buyers who took delivery shortly before the big drop on Jan 12. I also feel bad for buyers who paid for and took delivery between Feb 4-12 and Apr 6 when prices were $1,500-$2,000 higher, but that's just the way the cookie crumbles. :(
I dont!!
Back in my college days, I worked in new Auto Sales for 2.5 years. The reality IS there is price discrimination and you buy the car based on the "Best DEAL" at the day of purchase. Month-end Quarter-end and year-end push. Factory to Dealer/Consumer incentive. The things is, no one on the consumer side really know (ask anyone who bought a new car recently and they will tell you that they "got a good deal"!! Me, working on the sellers/dealers end, I know exactly who got a "good deal" and who ended up paying for more. But not one buyer knows (or cares) after they drive the car off the lot.

My point is, you need to stick with the "BEST DEAL" that you are getting, AT the time you are purchasing and not to worry about they guy before or after you purchase. Because I gurantee that there are ppl getting the same car and paying less than you, before and after your purchase.

Tesla is NOT different other than the fact they sell direct and price adjustment is more transparent.

cheers,

beewang

There's an exact match for my brother-in-law's build in Plano. I tried calling, texting, and emailing him in case he wanted to do what I did, but he's in church and it'll probably be gone by the time he gets the memo.
I know I am gonna get $h!t for what I am about to say... so here goes..

That is exactly why I am an Athiest ... :D god has never gotten anything for me in my life. Never helped me aceing exams in school nor answered any of my prayers...Yes!! including my parents dying of painful death to cancer.

cheers,

beewang

• Funny
Reactions: 702sunk
I dont!!
Back in my college days, I worked in new Auto Sales for 2.5 years. The reality IS there is price discrimination and you buy the car based on the "Best DEAL" at the day of purchase. Month-end Quarter-end and year-end push. Factory to Dealer/Consumer incentive. The things is, no one on the consumer side really know (ask anyone who bought a new car recently and they will tell you that they "got a good deal"!! Me, working on the sellers/dealers end, I know exactly who got a "good deal" and who ended up paying for more. But not one buyer knows (or cares) after they drive the car off the lot.

My point is, you need to stick with the "BEST DEAL" that you are getting, AT the time you are purchasing and not to worry about they guy before or after you purchase. Because I gurantee that there are ppl getting the same car and paying less than you, before and after your purchase.

Tesla is NOT different other than the fact they sell direct and price adjustment is more transparent.

cheers,

beewang
Truth! Also those folks have their vehicles and we are still stuck waiting and wondering.

It's also interesting how everyone seems to just accept dealer's flexible pricing strategies and the whole concept of MSRP in general. It's okay for them to screw over customers individually but not okay for a company like Tesla to unilaterally make a shift.

I know I am gonna get $h!t for what I am about to say... so here goes..

That is exactly why I am an Athiest ... :D god has never gotten anything for me in my life. Never helped me aceing exams in school nor answered any of my prayers...Yes!! including my parents dying of painful death to cancer.

cheers,

beewang
That's probably a topic for another forum though dont you think? But congrats on working things out, sounds like you had a rough ride.

• Funny
Reactions: beewang
We ordered around the same time as you and our price did not go up when they raised prices so it will not go up if they raise prices again.. we all get the lower rate as long as we don't change anything. I think this is a very cool thing for Tesla to do actually.
My question is: If it goes up back up to $53490 or more. Do we keep the current lowest price $52990, or does our price automatically reset back to the original order of $53490 when it deliveries. Not sure if it make sense. But we didn’t actually order at $52990, so I don’t see why Tesla would lock us in to that If the price increased back.