Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My question is: If it goes up back up to $53490 or more. Do we keep the current lowest price $52990, or does our price automatically reset back to the original order of $53490 when it deliveries. Not sure if it make sense. But we didn’t actually order at $52990, so I don’t see why Tesla would lock us in to that If the price increased back.
I don't think they keep track of your original order price - there is no language that mentions anything like that on the Motor Vehicle Order Agreement - so the new lowered price that appears on the order agreement is your order price. Increasing the price without your consent and/or with no changes to your order might be illegal or at least a breach of contract depending on the wording but I am not a lawyer..

Edit1: I guess technically lowering the price was done without consent but who in their right mind would contest something like that?

Edit2: Mmmm... I wonder if Tesla actually could do something like that but would then have to allow the purchaser a way to get out of the agreement without penalty. There is nothing in the agreement that states this explicitly though.. 🤔

Last edited:
It does suck but if inventory doesn't sell, then Tesla could lower the prices again by a few hundred or even thousand. The lowest price the MYLR was at a point was $48,990 so it is indeed possible.

Then we'd be the ones who bought at a slightly higher price despite both price points being great deals.
Lowest price of MY in Canada since it launched was $69,990, and it’s currently at the same price again after the drops. Which makes me think further price drops in the US (bringing it closer to the $48,990 lowest number) quite possible…

After two and a half months on this roller coaster, I finally decided I've had enough whiplash. I called Tesla back and had the Dallas-bound vehicle assigned to my order. I finally have a VIN even though I had to locate the vehicle myself and will have to travel farther to pick it up. I'll need to find a ride to Dallas - my delivery appointment has been scheduled for the evening of April 12. I could have waited until a match showed up in Tyler, but I'm tired of the uncertainty at this point and need to get on with living life instead of tending to the blisters on my thumb caused by feverishly swiping my smartphone's screen to check for updates all day long. :)

View attachment 926055
Congratulations, happy to see you got the car!

Reactions: erktrek
Update- We took delivery yesterday at a SC instead of the sales location. Fairly easy and painless experience. I checked and double checked the facvtory assembly. No problems could be found in my Autstin build. When we arrived car was on charger and at 100%.. Came with cargo cover and J1772 along with a front license plate holder. I was under the impression these cars did not come with floor mats. This one did.

She drives like a dream. My wife had problems with 1 pedal driving, so I have the car temorarily set to coast mode. Nor sure if I can set that between drivers because I like the idea of regen. After 50 miles driving we were still at 89% charge. The thing that sold my wife was the light show lol.

I iimmediately removed the silver wheel cover and added the black ones along with aftermarket floor mats. Still a few accessories to add yet, but no hurry, although I did want to get the screen protector on fairly quickly.

I tried out the Autel for the first time as a dumb charger and it did the 48 amps taking no more than 10 minutes to significantly add to. Using the adapter wasn't a big deal for me. I like that I can get something CSS later and charge both with this.

So far I love this car! I will try to show a pic of the 19" wheels with the black wheel covers. ASs much of a pain as it was to wait I'm glad I did. Hang in there guys, your cars are coming!

Attachments

• car1.jpg
    car1.jpg
    308.1 KB · Views: 105
  • car2.jpg
    car2.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 72
Update- We took delivery yesterday at a SC instead of the sales location. Fairly easy and painless experience. I checked and double checked the facvtory assembly. No problems could be found in my Autstin build. When we arrived car was on charger and at 100%.. Came with cargo cover and J1772 along with a front license plate holder. I was under the impression these cars did not come with floor mats. This one did.

She drives like a dream. My wife had problems with 1 pedal driving, so I have the car temorarily set to coast mode. Nor sure if I can set that between drivers because I like the idea of regen. After 50 miles driving we were still at 89% charge. The thing that sold my wife was the light show lol.

I iimmediately removed the silver wheel cover and added the black ones along with aftermarket floor mats. Still a few accessories to add yet, but no hurry, although I did want to get the screen protector on fairly quickly.

I tried out the Autel for the first time as a dumb charger and it did the 48 amps taking no more than 10 minutes to significantly add to. Using the adapter wasn't a big deal for me. I like that I can get something CSS later and charge both with this.

So far I love this car! I will try to show a pic of the 19" wheels with the black wheel covers. ASs much of a pain as it was to wait I'm glad I did. Hang in there guys, your cars are coming!
Those black wheel covers look great!! Shame on you for forcing me to look into this.. 🤣

I'll try and get a better pic today and maybe a brand. You can see the silver behind the covers if you look hard up close. From a distance though they look like black rims.
Well thanks to you I just ordered some black wheel covers.. found a cheapo set on Amazon that had like a $100 coupon ($160 shipping included) - yeah I know probably going to be awful but figured what the heck, have no probs returning if I have to.

I did check AlieExpress but seemed like a crazy wait plus with the shipping fees came out to slightly higher - still don't really have a whole lot of trust in them for more expensive purchases anyway.

Delivery scheduled for Wednesday April 12th. Sweet sweet freedom.
Considering our other similarities, I shouldn't be surprised that our delivery dates are the same as well.

Unfortunately, I've got farther to travel - I'm still not sure how I'm going to transport myself 120 miles to Dallas on Wednesday afternoon. Plane ticket is $500, Uber is over half that, bus ticket is only $30, but arrives 35 minutes after the latest appointment time. I'm going to see if my brother can take off Wednesday afternoon. If that fails, I might have to resort to asking for a ride on social media. :)

Considering our other similarities, I shouldn't be surprised that our delivery dates are the same as well.

Unfortunately, I've got farther to travel - I'm still not sure how I'm going to transport myself 120 miles to Dallas on Wednesday afternoon. Plane ticket is $500, Uber is over half that, bus ticket is only $30, but arrives 35 minutes after the latest appointment time. I'm going to see if my brother can take off Wednesday afternoon. If that fails, I might have to resort to asking for a ride on social media. :)
One way car rental?

I don't think they keep track of your original order price - there is no language that mentions anything like that on the Motor Vehicle Order Agreement - so the new lowered price that appears on the order agreement is your order price. Increasing the price without your consent and/or with no changes to your order might be illegal or at least a breach of contract but I am not a lawyer..

Someone give this guy a ride!