Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
An update on my delivery. Tesla texted us last Thursday and said that the car came in early (a week early). We picked the car up on Saturday and had no major issues. The gaps, functionality, fit, and finish were all good. The only issue was a round scratch on the trim above the driver's side window that will be replaced tomorrow at our house.

The SA allowed us to look inside before taking delivery. Overall delivery went well though the SA on E. Sahara wasn't going out of their way to inform us about the vehicle. I had to ask for a quick overview of setting everything up and after asking they were happy to give the overview.

I don't understand any of this "allowed us to look inside before taking delivery" That should be standard.

TSLA sales/delivery CS is lacking.

Reactions: erktrek and beewang
View attachment 926905

Blergh. So zero response to my question as to why new orders are Apr 2023 and my order for a MYP is late May to July other than "they will change." I guess back to waiting on a largely opaque process to run its course and hope nothing's bugged or wrong.

Looks like yours might actually have been the most accurate after all. Mine just updated to May 29-June 30. Pretty large range but that'll shrink as it gets closer. You might get an update soon too in this case since we are near identical in build, location, and OD.

Reactions: erktrek
Finally, there are some LR inventory in MA. Unfortunately, all of them have 20” and are over $55K :mad:

Its called the "Elon Tease".... Hey!! You want your car? I got just exactly what you are looking for with a couple extra thingy... c'mon!! step-up to it.. its just money anyways.. can't take it with ya. How bad do you want your car TODAY??!!

:p

beewang

Can anyone in "Northern" NJ reccomend a place to get PPF applied to the car (when I recieve it in 2025)?
Random question: would you rather get your Tesla Model Y tomorrow or wait it out for a while and end up getting a discount (let's say $1k or $2k) if Tesla lowers prices again?

I'm very interested to see people's reactions when Tesla ends up lowering prices again in a few months since their inventory isn't selling as quickly as Q1. Also very curious to see if Tesla will drop their MYLR all the way down to $48k especially in the later 2023 quarters.

I'm very interested to see people's reactions when Tesla ends up lowering prices again in a few months since their inventory isn't selling as quickly as Q1.
This is TOTALLY unscientific and maybe it's coincidence or maybe it's not, but... I usually trade vehicles every year on average and have for over 30 years. Of all the different types, brands, and models of automobiles I've owned, the one I adore most is a 2019 MX-5 Miata that I bought new 3-1/2 years ago. I have largely avoided reading and participating on forums and social media groups - I just drive the car. I've had zero problems with it and I love it more every time I drive it.

Since I decided to buy a Tesla in January, I've mostly kept myself confined to this "waiting room" thread and tried not to pay too much attention to all the other threads where people report and complain about problems. I think it's good to be informed, but I'm usually far more "informed" than the average consumer and sometimes it's nice to bury my head in the sand and enjoy something without going out and looking for problems.

All that was to say that I've a good mind to forget about this forum and just enjoy the new experience after I take delivery this week. As an auto enthusiast, auto writer, and member/moderator/administrator of multiple automotive forums, that'll be much easier said than done, but I've managed to keep a safe distance from MX-5 Miata forums, so it could happen. :)

Random question: would you rather get your Tesla Model Y tomorrow or wait it out for a while and end up getting a discount (let's say $1k or $2k) if Tesla lowers prices again?

I'm very interested to see people's reactions when Tesla ends up lowering prices again in a few months since their inventory isn't selling as quickly as Q1. Also very curious to see if Tesla will drop their MYLR all the way down to $48k especially in the later 2023 quarters.

I'm not really in a super big rush at this point. I was more anxious when we thought the tax credit would expire in March, and then more recently when I was hoping there's a chance I'd get it before my existing trade-in offer expires (on 4/12). Not sure what will happen with the trade-in but I know I can sell privately and make out at least as good as Tesla's offer (which offsets transaction price thus sales tax).

I don't want to wait super long though... my current vehicle (2017 Prius Prime Adv.) is crazily worth up to $26k as a private sale, but might drop a lot later this year with the new generation coming out. I find it almost insane to be worth that much as the car effectively cost me only $24.5k new 6 years ago (after incentives but including sales tax & dest fee). Don't want to miss the opportunity to sell at a gain!

My only worry is Tesla might improve the MY, add HW4, restore ultrasonics, etc. shortly after I get mine and I'll miss out on all the things I wish it had now. My Prius definitely has a bunch of features that the MY does not.

I'm not really in a super big rush at this point. I was more anxious when we thought the tax credit would expire in March, and then more recently when I was hoping there's a chance I'd get it before my existing trade-in offer expires (on 4/12). Not sure what will happen with the trade-in but I know I can sell privately and make out at least as good as Tesla's offer (which offsets transaction price thus sales tax).

I don't want to wait super long though... my current vehicle (2017 Prius Prime Adv.) is crazily worth up to $26k as a private sale, but might drop a lot later this year with the new generation coming out. I find it almost insane to be worth that much as the car effectively cost me only $24.5k new 6 years ago (after incentives but including sales tax & dest fee). Don't want to miss the opportunity to sell at a gain!

My only worry is Tesla might improve the MY, add HW4, restore ultrasonics, etc. shortly after I get mine and I'll miss out on all the things I wish it had now. My Prius definitely has a bunch of features that the MY does not.
Yeah there was so much FOMO buying in Q1 (me included) due to not knowing if the federal tax credit would remain or not.

Also the Teslas will always improve so can't really regret the choice of getting one at a particular time. Even if you were to get a HW4 MY, HW4.5 or HW5 could end up being a big improvement over the previous ones.
This is TOTALLY unscientific and maybe it's coincidence or maybe it's not, but... I usually trade vehicles every year on average and have for over 30 years. Of all the different types, brands, and models of automobiles I've owned, the one I adore most is a 2019 MX-5 Miata that I bought new 3-1/2 years ago. I have largely avoided reading and participating on forums and social media groups - I just drive the car. I've had zero problems with it and I love it more every time I drive it.

Since I decided to buy a Tesla in January, I've mostly kept myself confined to this "waiting room" thread and tried not to pay too much attention to all the other threads where people report and complain about problems. I think it's good to be informed, but I'm usually far more "informed" than the average consumer and sometimes it's nice to bury my head in the sand and enjoy something without going out and looking for problems.

All that was to say that I've a good mind to forget about this forum and just enjoy the new experience after I take delivery this week. As an auto enthusiast, auto writer, and member/moderator/administrator of multiple automotive forums, that'll be much easier said than done, but I've managed to keep a safe distance from MX-5 Miata forums, so it could happen. :)
Haha yeah after picking up my Tesla MY, I've been pretty interested in keeping up with Tesla news and different forums cause it's actually pretty fun learning more things.

Still wondering when the Cybertrucks are going to start delivering cause it is sure gonna be a fun treat seeing them being driven on the roads.

Still wondering when the Cybertrucks are going to start delivering cause it is sure gonna be a fun treat seeing them being driven on the roads.
I'm very afraid of the Cybertruck. Here's why:

Of the dozens of automobiles I've owned, the single model I've owned the most of (six) was the Honda Ridgeline. For nearly 20 years, it's been the ideal vehicle for me - comfortable and useful, but without the disadvantages of traditional, body-on-frame trucks.

I was really excited about the ridiculously-styled Cybertruck when it was announced in 2019. I was ready to order, but became frustrated after a series of delays.

I added a few PEVs including a couple of Onewheel electric skateboards and a scooter over the last couple of years which got me to thinking about EVs. The only EV I had been remotely interested in was the Model Y, but I felt it was too expensive for what it was. The price drop earlier this year combined with the tax credit prompted me to finally pull the trigger.

I rarely need a vehicle with an open bed, but it is convenient when I do. I have a feeling the Model Y I'm about to take delivery of is going to serve as a "gateway drug" to a Cybertruck at some point - probably later rather than sooner because of the current waitlist.

Reactions: rr_92 and erktrek

I doubt they'll drop it that much, unless no tax credit.