Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You all are killing my hopes of getting our order in the next couple of months. 🤣 I knew the EDD of a few weeks was not going to happen but was hopeful. Didn’t realize people were still waiting for orders place months ago. But we kind of ordered on a whim after test driving a 50k mile car that sitting on a lot. So we didn’t research the wait times. Not a big deal but now we get to feel like kids waiting for Christmas again.

Add options.. the more you add the more likely you will get your sooner. How do you feel about Full Self Driving $15K option? I guarantee if you add that, you will have your car in within 5 days (or less) in your driveway :p

Cheers!

beewang

Anyone with experience with the Paramus location as far as delivery scheduling goes? Have had VIN for a week tomorrow and nothing from them as far as appointment goes.
🙋‍♂️

Tesla will send you a text that includes a link to their automated scheduler whenever that gets triggered (you only get like a 2-3 day window).

IMO, text the number that Tesla is sending you texts from. Tell them you have a VIN and want to schedule delivery as soon as you can due to taking time off work. All that being said, there can be delays in transportation due to weather or other issues so your scheduled delivery date is not 100% set in stone (unless the location have your car already).

Reactions: nj201
Anyone with experience with the Paramus location as far as delivery scheduling goes? Have had VIN for a week tomorrow and nothing from them as far as appointment goes.
Still waiting on my schedule delivery text/email as well. I'm in northern Delaware; got my VIN 4/3. I texted my SA yesterday and he checked and said my car was still in transit and to look out for an email in the "coming days."

Add options.. the more you add the more likely you will get your sooner. How do you feel about Full Self Driving $15K option? I guarantee if you add that, you will have your car in within 5 days (or less) in your driveway :p

Cheers!

beewang
Ours is a MYP Deep Blue/white interior.

Please don’t let my wife here add $15k option and have your car in a week. Unless it is a plaid option and we will pay the asking price with a smile!! Even if it is more than $15k….🤣

You all are killing my hopes of getting our order in the next couple of months. 🤣 I knew the EDD of a few weeks was not going to happen but was hopeful. Didn’t realize people were still waiting for orders place months ago. But we kind of ordered on a whim after test driving a 50k mile car that sitting on a lot. So we didn’t research the wait times. Not a big deal but now we get to feel like kids waiting for Christmas again.
As of March 16, Tesla analyst Troy Teslike calculated an average wait time of 61 days for a Model Y Long Range and 23 days for a Model Y Performance. Of course, some people will get inventory cars the same day while others will wait nearly three months or more depending on many factors beyond just the order date such as time and cost for transportation from a factory to the delivery location, when Tesla builds a batch of the ordered configuration, availability of parts, etc.

• Informative
Reactions: erktrek
That is a HEAVILY profit margin car from what most people are waiting / buying for. I dont think you need to worry about being a previously reject car. Money Talks! Fat Margin at $7,000 is gonna get you on front of the line.

Performace Upgrade $4,000
White Interior $1,000
Tow Hitch $1,000
Black Paint $1,000

I'd more concerned if you order was an MYLR White/Black 5 seats and you got allocated a car in 2 weeks.

Cheers!

beewang
Great insight. I messaged the Tesla team as well and was told it’s still at the factory (brand new) and I’ve got a one week window now for delivery. Feeling good about it and hoping it’ll be a smooth delivery like the others.

Edit: As a side note. Tesla has improved production a metric F ton. Our 90D model X took around 4 months. M3P, S75D, SP100DL were inventory and within a week. The Model X Plaid with Covid and refresh was 605 days while this Y is the quickest one yet. So while some are waiting a while, they’re fairly quick. Even when compared to other car manufacturers.

As of March 16, Tesla analyst Troy Teslike calculated an average wait time of 61 days for a Model Y Long Range and 23 days for a Model Y Performance. Of course, some people will get inventory cars the same day while others will wait nearly three months or more depending on many factors beyond just the order date such as time and cost for transportation from a factory to the delivery location, when Tesla builds a batch of the ordered configuration, availability of parts, etc.

I've already passed the 23-day mark on my MYP. In fact I'm tracking about 50 days according to the EDD I received today.

MYP | Black Ext | Black Int | 21" | No Tow | No FSD
📍San Antonio

OD: 3/11
EDD: Mar - Apr 2023
EDD2: April 19 - May 24 (3/20)
EDD3: April 19 - May 3 (4/11)

Reactions: erktrek
I got my vin this morning and the delivery day will be this Saturday. So excited. Any advice please? What exactly I need to check for the car?

• Order placed:- March 20 2023
  • Estimated Delivery:- Apr - Jun 2023
  • Estimated Delivery:- April 3 - April 17
  • Estimated Delivery:- April 4 - April 16
  • Estimated Delivery:- April 5 - April 16
  • Estimated Delivery:- April 6 - April 16
  • Estimated Delivery:- April 7 - April 16
  • Estimated Delivery:- April 8 - April 17
  • Estimated Delivery:- April 9 - April 18
  • Estimated Delivery:- April 10 - April 19
  • Estimated Delivery:- April 11 (VIN assigned)
  • Delivery day:- April 15