Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got my vin this morning and the delivery day will be this Saturday. So excited. Any advice please? What exactly I need to check for the car?

• Order placed:- March 20 2023
  • Estimated Delivery:- Apr - Jun 2023
  • Estimated Delivery:- April 3 - April 17
  • Estimated Delivery:- April 4 - April 16
  • Estimated Delivery:- April 5 - April 16
  • Estimated Delivery:- April 6 - April 16
  • Estimated Delivery:- April 7 - April 16
  • Estimated Delivery:- April 8 - April 17
  • Estimated Delivery:- April 9 - April 18
  • Estimated Delivery:- April 10 - April 19
  • Estimated Delivery:- April 11 (VIN assigned)
  • Delivery day:- April 15
GitHub - polymorphic/tesla-model-y-checklist: Checklist for Tesla Model Y

2C12DA40-5B9C-4ED9-BEBD-5F2C6150A8FB.jpeg

Took delivery today. Super smooth process. I did the GitHub checklist and honestly there was nothing I would report/change about it. Maybe I got lucky or maybe I am less particular than some (or a bit of both)!

White on white looks really sharp, and the induction wheels suit it. It’s already almost 100 degrees here in Phoenix and you could feel the temperature difference between the black center console and the white seats.

I’m thrilled and can’t wait to get to know the ins and outs of the car moving forward. Good luck to everybody still waiting and I hope you get what you want soon!

It's updated. w/o follow up!

Description Total in USD
Model Y All-Wheel Drive $49,990
Pearl White Paint Included
19’’ Gemini Wheels Included
All Black Premium Interior Included
Five Seat Interior Included
Autopilot Included
Subtotal $49,990
Destination Fee $1,390
Order Fee $250
Total $51,630- $7.5K Tax credit= $44,130! Almost lowest SR release pricing and I believe this has more range/features since then?

Hoping to get A-TX build with 4680 batteries etc.
No hope. That is what you will get as that is the only AWD MY

• Funny
Reactions: beewang
View attachment 927471
Took delivery today. Super smooth process. I did the GitHub checklist and honestly there was nothing I would report/change about it. Maybe I got lucky or maybe I am less particular than some (or a bit of both)!

White on white looks really sharp, and the induction wheels suit it. It’s already almost 100 degrees here in Phoenix and you could feel the temperature difference between the black center console and the white seats.

I’m thrilled and can’t wait to get to know the ins and outs of the car moving forward. Good luck to everybody still waiting and I hope you get what you want soon!
What factory?

Am I having the longest wait time right now? 🙁 OD January 21, no sign of VIN. Probably I should have not gone with 7 seater option. Anyone else with older OD?
Ouch - there were a ton of 7 seaters in inventory in NJ not that long ago - The website kept recommending them to me for accelerated delivery. Wonder if you are stuck waiting for the next round of production assuming Tesla does these in batches.

There are a few of us NJer's who have been waiting a while as well (not quite as long as you tho) - my EDD just changed yesterday which seems to be more in line with yours so maybe that is a hopeful sign for both of us but who knows. My thought is the more EDDs that align for a given area the better.

What factory?

Fremont. There are actually a few MYLR with induction wheels available in inventory in the Phoenix area now.

Build quality was excellent as far as I could tell, especially when compared to some of the horror stories you see posted with egregious gaps, mismatched tires, entirely different panel colors, stuff hanging down/falling off, etc.

No matrix headlights (I've seen some posts about Fremont MYLRs coming with matrix headlights). I think I'll survive even though my car can't spell "Tesla" with its headlights.

Yes also and still waiting patiently. It can be hard to see others get their cars who ordered after we did but hang in there
So true - while I'm happy for everyone getting their vehicles asap it is kind of painful to see people who put in their orders in Feb/March getting through the process while some of us are left hanging. Of course this is due to a variety of factors including behind the scenes things we are not privy to. Forums like these can sometimes heighten the stress level while also providing some community commiseration.

Last edited:
Well, last night it happened. No, not getting a VIN. I dreamed that I got my Tesla Model Y.

Drove it towards home and it drove waaay too fast but really hugged the corners. I stopped in a parking lot to see if I could figure out what was wrong which was when I noticed that the car was white (I ordered blue) and that I had realized I never paid for the car when I picked it up. I looked a little deeper in the car and realized that it was someone else's car (especially when I found a check taped to the dash with some lady's name on it that I didn't know).

So, yeah, don't know which phase this is but apparently I've reached it.

Ouch - there were a ton of 7 seaters in inventory in NJ not that long ago - The website kept recommending them to me for accelerated delivery. Wonder if you are stuck waiting for the next round of production assuming Tesla does these in batches.

There are a few of us NJer's who have been waiting a while as well (not quite as long as you tho) - my EDD just changed yesterday which seems to be more in line with yours so maybe that is a hopeful sign for both of us but who knows. My thought is the more EDDs that align for a given area the better.
IT CHANGED!

Fremont. There are actually a few MYLR with induction wheels available in inventory in the Phoenix area now.

Build quality was excellent as far as I could tell, especially when compared to some of the horror stories you see posted with egregious gaps, mismatched tires, entirely different panel colors, stuff hanging down/falling off, etc.

No matrix headlights (I've seen some posts about Fremont MYLRs coming with matrix headlights). I think I'll survive even though my car can't spell "Tesla" with its headlights.
Thanks for the update about matrix headlights. Initially thought all MYLRs from Fremont had matrix headlights but guess that's been recently changed?

Still waiting on my schedule delivery text/email as well. I'm in northern Delaware; got my VIN 4/3. I texted my SA yesterday and he checked and said my car was still in transit and to look out for an email in the "coming days."
Got the text to schedule delivery this morning - picking up in Cherry Hill on 4/19. Little disappointed the latest time they had was 4:30pm but oh well. Excited!

My OD is also 1/21, however I have a VIN, EDD is April 17th to May 6th. SA has been worst in responding to my queries.

Got text to schedule my delivery today. It's crazy how they only gave me 2 days to choose from, but luckily it works for me.
That's how it works (2 or 3 day window). If those days don't work for you or your scheduled DD gets delayed, then they'll give you 2-3 available days another week.

However, it seems that when it's the end of quarter rush (or Tesla is desperately trying to guarantee a customer purchase), they say you have to take delivery in the days they give you or else you forfeit that car/VIN.