Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Same here.
You know - mine and some other NJer's EDD window range is now inside yours. I wonder if the "real delivery" is within all of ours that's why it's not changing for you? Not trying to give you hope or anything.

edit: Going further down the rabbit hole of pure speculation if I look at my previous EDD start Apr 27 and the latest one at Apr 18 - it looks like delivery could actually be between Apr 18-27. This assumes that the EDDs are starting to become a little more accurate after Q1.

I think if I wish hard enough that a VIN will appear! LOL! This really is getting amusing (NOT!). I still want the car and the Toyota dealer never sent me the specs on the RAV4H they say is coming in month. Pretty bad customer service from a dealer that does get good ratings. I am not even following up as I want this car and do not want any other choice for my wife. :) Good thing she does not have access to this forum! :)

• Funny
Reactions: Jesse75 and erktrek
You know - mine and some other NJer's EDD window range is now inside yours. I wonder if the "real delivery" is within all of ours that's why it's not changing for you? Not trying to give you hope or anything.
You have 8 days earlier start date but still not VIN so my guess is unless you get a VIN soon you are in the same boat as me. I do have hope that you will get yours within that smaller window. Mine with the blue paint option seems to be that build that is hardest to get.

Reactions: erktrek

edit: Going further down the rabbit hole of pure speculation if I look at my previous EDD start Apr 27 and the latest one at Apr 18 - it looks like delivery could actually be between Apr 18-27. This assumes that the EDDs are starting to become a little more accurate after Q1.
It is all a guess at this point. I have the same build as you minus the tow and an OD 3 days earlier, yet you have an EDD a day earlier and a much smaller end window. Our EDDs have been moving pretty much together this entire time.

I think if I wish hard enough that a VIN will appear! LOL! This really is getting amusing (NOT!). I still want the car and the Toyota dealer never sent me the specs on the RAV4H they say is coming in month. Pretty bad customer service from a dealer that does get good ratings. I am not even following up as I want this car and do not want any other choice for my wife. :) Good thing she does not have access to this forum! :)

I hear ya. RAV4 Prime was my 2nd choice except for Toyota dealers suck. Price was comparable

VIN Assigned this AM. Delivery next weekend if I don't find a better deal by then or IRS takes away credit ;)

SPECIFICATIONS​

VEHICLE DESCRIPTOR7SAYGDEE*PA mean???
MAKETESLA
MANUFACTURER NAMETESLA, INC.
MODELModel Y
MODEL YEAR2023
PLANT CITYAUSTIN
VEHICLE TYPEMULTIPURPOSE PASSENGER VEHICLE (MPV)
PLANT COUNTRYUNITED STATES (USA)
PLANT STATETEXAS
BODY CLASSSport Utility Vehicle (SUV)/Multi-Purpose Vehicle (MPV)
DOORS5
GROSS VEHICLE WEIGHT RATING FROMClass 1D: 5,001 - 6,000 lb (2,268 - 2,722 kg)

Reactions: erktrek and beewang
MYLR MSM/black int/19”/no tow. Picked up yesterday.
EDD’s—
1/30 OD with original EDD Feb-Mar
2/5 Mar 23-Mar 31
3/? Apr 15-May 20
3/? Mar 19-Mar 31
3/20 Apr 1-Apr 29
4/1 VIN assigned
4/6 Apr 8-17
4/8 Received text to schedule delivery
4/12 Delivery date, Libertyville IL— delivery location

Fremont build with matrix headlights, cargo cover and front license plate included. No glaring defects.

Overall very pleased with my experience. Quick in and out with trade-in.

Now I'm in a bit of a pickle... Current EDD April 22 - May 6th. Glad to see it, but April 24-26 I have a handful of mandatory meetings at work, and on April 27th, driving to Phoenix and not returning until May 6th. So pretty much if the magic doesn't happen by April 23rd, I could find myself waiting even longer. 😐

Hoping I get something closer to May 6th so that I can try and delay it a day or two, etc.

My Loan guy said that he is raising rates TOMORROW and let me lock in todays rates for 30 days... Watch me get assigned a vin, be stuck in AZ, get cancelled, and then new vin comes like 2 weeks later.

MYLR MSM/black int/19”/no tow. Picked up yesterday.
EDD’s—
1/30 OD with original EDD Feb-Mar
2/5 Mar 23-Mar 31
3/? Apr 15-May 20
3/? Mar 19-Mar 31
3/20 Apr 1-Apr 29
4/1 VIN assigned
4/6 Apr 8-17
4/8 Received text to schedule delivery
4/12 Delivery date, Libertyville IL— delivery location

Fremont build with matrix headlights, cargo cover and front license plate included. No glaring defects.

Overall very pleased with my experience. Quick in and out with trade-in.
Sigh .. this is my configuration and same order date. Yet, my EDD is firmly stuck at April 26-May 31!

Oparide, congrats on your order! I would suggest not listening to all the drama here. Yes, the EDD's can float quite a bit. But these are all first world problems despite what is being written in these forums. I ordered 1/17 and will receive my new Y around 4/19 so I know what it is like to wait. But guess what, while I waited, life went on. Enjoy the process, don't get cynical and before you know it your new Model Y will be in the garage....enjoy!

Chad
Thanks for the sage advice. Point well taken. I still have our 2029 Bolt EV and won’t be looking to sell it until after we have our Y delivered. We’re retired so it’s not a big concern on the timeframe.

Hello all, in NJ, placed order for White/Black Model YLR on April 8, EDD April-Jun, no VIN, mentally prepping myself for June delivery!
Yep smart move although it's hard NOT to react when Tesla tempts you with shorter EDDs only to push them back - also offer you vehicles for "Accelerated Delivery" with either none of the features you want at a premium OR just close enough to be tempted - like 20" wheels on a MYLR in my case.

Not to foster the seed of hope but since Tesla seemingly does things in batches for different regions maybe the crazy delay for us undelivered Q1 orders will work in your favor and your vehicle could be included if demand has not gotten too crazy.

On a side note Unless the deal is too good to pass up / tax consequences etc, avoid the demo vehicles if you can. They are less expensive but have greater wear and tear from people who likely have less experience with EVs and unless I'm mistaken the warranty term is already in effect by the time you accept delivery.