Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I received an email from Tesla Model Y long range AWD yesterday (April 18, 10:58pm PDT) containing a PDF of my order agreement with the same price as it had been (without the recent $3,000 price reduction). Hoping I get another email soon. Estimate delivery May 5-June 9.
Someone posted earlier today on this thread that they texted their SA about this same issue. They were told it should update within 24-48 hours. In my case, the financing terms showed the new lower price but the order agreement still had the old price.

Reactions: Skunis
Someone posted earlier today on this thread that they texted their SA about this same issue. They were told it should update within 24-48 hours. In my case, the financing terms showed the new lower price but the order agreement still had the old price.
Funny, under my account and the order for the Model Y under Completed Tasks and Car Price it shows the updated lower amount but my Order Agreement is still showing the higher price. I am guessing this will all work its way out soon.

Reactions: erktrek and imgcs
how come people like me who got delivery in March cannot get refund?! this is not fair!
I agree and would be unhappy as well. Think about those that bought their car a week before the price dropped from the 60s to the 50s? That is serious money!

With Tesla their pricing is very upfront so we all know what everyone else is paying. Try that at an ICE dealer. You negotiate a price and the next person could negotiate a better or worse price. Sometimes could be thousands as well.

how come people like me who got delivery in March cannot get refund?! this is not fair!

I'll assume you're joking. :) If not, well..

This was a 6% drop. Think about the people who bought a day before the 20% drop in January. That must have been sickening to them!

It would be nice if Tesla offered something that didn't cost them anything such as complimentary Acceleration Boost ($2,000) or a year's subscription to Full Self-Driving ($2,388). :)

This was a 6% drop. Think about the people who bought a day before the 20% drop in January. That must have been sickening to them!

It would be nice if Tesla offered something that didn't cost them anything such as complimentary Acceleration Boost ($2,000) or a year's subscription to Full Self-Driving ($2,388). :)
Or a free extended warranty. If their cars are built so well it should not cost them that much...well, batteries do die so that could be costly but I digress. Give these people something! Good will gesture!

I agree and would be unhappy as well. Think about those that bought their car a week before the price dropped from the 60s to the 50s? That is serious money!

With Tesla their pricing is very upfront so we all know what everyone else is paying. Try that at an ICE dealer. You negotiate a price and the next person could negotiate a better or worse price. Sometimes could be thousands as well.

Yea, just letting out some frustration lol... I had few issues with my MYP on quality and I almost rejected the car in March but took the delivery. This was my first Tesla buying experience and I learned few things that I should not do for my next Tesla purchase.

But this is great for general population to get Teslas more accessible. I tried to get SC to get me some store credits but they said no lol.

I can see blue black available in Long Island. I think dealer can transfer from NY to NJ.

I have seen that pop up several times. However, I have been told on this forum that it is not possible and they will not redirect from one SC to another.

I texted the 510 number asking but I know the answer is no.

Reactions: erktrek and imgcs
Hypothetically, if the price jumped higher than your purchase by the same delta and within the same time frame, would you dish out more money to Tesla?

It’s a great tweet from Elon. Even though we’re the customer/consumer, we only expect the savings and not the cost to support the company as well as future developments.

It’s a fair point that seems to always be scoffed at.

Hypothetically, if the price jumped higher than your purchase by the same delta and within the same time frame, would you dish out more money to Tesla?

It’s a great tweet from Elon. Even though we’re the customer/consumer, we only expect the savings and not the cost to support the company as well as future developments.

It’s a fair point that seems to always be scoffed at.
Hmm...if Tesla is constantly "cutting costs" for their M3 and MY vehicles by taking out certain things, then the cars are technically not worth what they're currently selling for. This makes sense as to why Tesla can reduce prices and hopefully still keep great profit margins.

If the Tesla MY and M3 we get today were to sell for $60k+, then I don't think it's worth it and demand is going to slow down greatly. When the MYs were originally $65k+ last year, I was interested in Tesla vehicles but would not buy at that price.

They would need to improve these vehicles in some sort of way to justify higher prices. The M3/MY lines don't really come with extra things except for a single screen so I wouldn't really pay a large luxury car amount on these models.

Well I am done... Checked the car some very minor gap issue on the trunk. None issue.

Ahhhh that new car smell!!! Literary can't believe how much car they are moving a day. Unbelievable!!

Go Ducks!!!

beewang
PXL_20230419_211923051.jpg

Attachments

• PXL_20230419_211928736.jpg
    PXL_20230419_211928736.jpg
    674.3 KB · Views: 58
  • PXL_20230419_212727432.jpg
    PXL_20230419_212727432.jpg
    374.8 KB · Views: 67
Sorry to double post but:

If we take a look at the Model Y inventory graph:

We can see that:
  • From January 12 2023 to February 07 2023, the MY inventory went from a staggering 1309 all the way down to 7
  • Afterwards, every time inventory spiked up (Tesla adding more vehicles), they would get bought very quickly so then inventory would go back to very little (like 20 or less)
  • Ever since late-March, we can see that when inventory spikes up or just increases, it only slightly goes down rather than how the trend was before where it would go near to 0

Even with these price drops, Tesla MY inventory doesn't look like it's going all the way down which shows that not as many people are purchasing these vehicles compared to the last few months.

• Informative
Reactions: erktrek
Most people are not buying this car with cash, that would be a nightmare for both Tesla and banks to mess around with all those refunds. But if you are financing, 3k is a drop in the bucket maybe 30-40 bucks more a month. As much as I think tesla is dropping prices because they are now targeting volume over margin, interest rates for auto loans are ridiculous right now. I would not be surprised if that was a factor as well. I have well over an 800 credit score and the best rate I could get at a local CU was 5%, 10 years ago I was financing a used car for 3.5% with worse credit. However, I took delivery one week from today so I wouldnt say no to a small refund 😆

Reactions: Jesse75