Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That does not necessarily mean anything other than people buying the inventory up thanks to further price reductions. A delivery "wave" for the Northeast probably hasn't happened yet at least we've not received any notice of scheduling pickup.. beginning to wonder if we are just shifting from waiting queue to another.
At least you have a VIN right? Car is in production or on its way to NJ. I am stuck in purgatory! LOL!

Well even with a VIN and delivery date set, I get shafted.

Just got pushed from my delivery date by 3 days… really not a big deal but now I loose out on my low interest rate I got locked into.

Gonna have to reapply. Anyone have any good rates recently?
If the rate is that good can you close and get the check a few days early?

Well even with a VIN and delivery date set, I get shafted.

Just got pushed from my delivery date by 3 days… really not a big deal but now I loose out on my low interest rate I got locked into.

Gonna have to reapply. Anyone have any good rates recently?
I mean, I haven't seen any "good" rates for a while now. But I still see 3.99% at a nearby credit union so I'm sure rates like that are around. How much notice did they give you when they pushed your delivery? I'm on a trip and would extend it with a couple days' notice if my delivery got pushed back, but within 24 hours I'd already be headed home.

QQ, How concerned are you with phantom braking on Model Y? Just trying to see if it is an issue with regular driving.
What do you mean? I thought phantom braking was only a thing with Autopilot and other assisted driving. I could be wrong but I've never heard of phantom braking happening to people just driving normally.

What do you mean? I thought phantom braking was only a thing with Autopilot and other assisted driving. I could be wrong but I've never heard of phantom braking happening to people just driving normally.
Based on my limited knowledge, I understand that phantom braking happens due to a bug in TACC which is available in basic Autopilot. If we don't use basic Autopilot features like cruise control, there is no phantom braking. Not a big deal for me, I hate to miss out this important feature though.

Couple of examples:

Last edited: