Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My Amazon hubcap showed up! Replace the factory 19 inch hubcap with these ... Luv it!!

View attachment 930566
Thank you for posting this!!!! My hubcaps are exactly the same and was wondering how it would look on MSM. Looks great!!!

I bought mine here - currently offering $80 discount coupon:

EDIT: as @beewang pointed out HIS link is much better. I bought mine for $150 with discount. Am completely sure these are the same hubcaps (probably bought bulk from AlieExpress).

Last edited:
Reactions: beewang
Yes.. I got mine for $150... unlike Tesla looks like the price increased. They still have a "coupon" for $80 off.. your link is better!!! Corrected my prior post.
Got it!!
I am 99.9% certain they're the same. In fact I found the same thing from AliExpress for $110-$120(ish). I thought it was close enough and I didn't want to wait shipment from China.

To anyone who's waiting.. You should go to AliExpress and order what you want there for the model Y. Since you have time... Actually you have nothing but time.... One could say.. :p 😂

beewang

• Funny
Reactions: Skunis and erktrek
A tornado and hail storm came through Tyler, Texas this evening where my BIL's Tesla is awaiting delivery tomorrow morning. I certainly hope his Model Y was spared! If not, that would add even more drama to his story!

Nah!!! Just tell him this is exactly why he's getting a $3,000 discount :p. ***Winning!!**
#ScoreIsNowTied !!!

😆

beewang

Hell!! Since we're now just talking about stuff for our new car..

I bought the five pieces set for $160. I don't think anyone sells it cheaper anywhere.

US $39.65 51%OFF | For Tesla Model Y 7 Seater and Model Y 5 Seat All Weather TPE Waterproof Anti-Slip Floor Mat Cargo Liner 2020-2023 Accessories

beewang

Hell!! Since we're now just talking about stuff for our new car..

I bought the five pieces set for $160. I don't think anyone sells it cheaper anywhere.

US $39.65 51%OFF | For Tesla Model Y 7 Seater and Model Y 5 Seat All Weather TPE Waterproof Anti-Slip Floor Mat Cargo Liner 2020-2023 Accessories

beewang
I have the 3D Maxspider ones in my M3SR. I love them but these are must less expensive.

Reactions: beewang and erktrek
Nah!!! Just tell him this is exactly why he's getting a $3,000 discount :p. ***Winning!!**
#ScoreIsNowTied !!!

😆

beewang
Haha!

So, they now have possession of their new, undamaged Model Y. The tornado and most of the hail were about 10 miles away from the delivery center. Tesla said they will mail the $3,000 refund check in 8-12 weeks.

I wrote a $3,700 check for tax, title, and registration at the local tax office this morning and now have my permanent plates. I was going to wait until just before my 30-day temporary tag expired, but I figured I might as well go ahead and rip the Band-Aid off now. :) I used to like to keep my temporary tag on as long as possible to "keep the vehicle new", but these days I'd rather have the permanent plates in place.

Haha! ...I figured I might as well go ahead and rip the Band-Aid off now. :) I used to like to keep my temporary tag on as long as possible to "keep the vehicle new", but these days I'd rather have the permanent plates in place.
Way off topic..but here goes!!

Sorry...I I keep my tags on for as long as I can... On everything I owe :p

Don't ask!! I don't have an answer...
#WhyAskWhy ??!!

Attachments

• PXL_20230421_174009561.jpg
    PXL_20230421_174009561.jpg
    371.1 KB · Views: 77
Sigh … I wonder if the tow hitch was what made the difference for the recent VIN assignments in the Northeast. You and I only have color as option.

It is possible. Tesla is always maximizing profit. I did tell the SA at my SC that I would be willing to have the tow hitch if one came in. He said he noted my file. I just do not want to add it now and then find the car without it in inventory at my SC lol.

Me too, me too!

First post here so I don't have a sig yet, but I only have blue as an upgrade. EDD 4/24 - 5/22. There was one in Pittsburgh last week w/ tow hitch but apparently it can't be registered in Maryland so we didn't jump on it.

My Amazon hubcap showed up! Replace the factory 19 inch hubcap with these ... Luv it!!

View attachment 930566
Those look pretty sweet! I think the one on your rear right tire should be on the left side of the car though. The front right one is correct. I imagine there's one on the other side that is backward too? But I'm not expert, maybe it's supposed to be like that. Just seems like it would be pulling air in like that and costing mileage.

Reactions: Andrometer4
Me too, me too!

First post here so I don't have a sig yet, but I only have blue as an upgrade. EDD 4/24 - 5/22. There was one in Pittsburgh last week w/ tow hitch but apparently it can't be registered in Maryland so we didn't jump on it.
Welcome! I saw that one as well. Tesla will not move cars either. I tried and was shot down.

Those look pretty sweet! I think the one on your rear right tire should be on the left side of the car though. The front right one is correct. I imagine there's one on the other side that is backward too? But I'm not expert, maybe it's supposed to be like that. Just seems like it would be pulling air in like that and costing mileage.
😆 Haha!!

I did it in the middle of the night.
Thanks for pointing this out

This explains why the mileage being s*** (JK)

Because two are the turbines is spinnig the wrong way 😁

Lowest inventory I have seen in a while on waitingfortesla. I am sure the price drop helped some people on the fence.
That does not necessarily mean anything other than people buying the inventory up thanks to further price reductions. A delivery "wave" for the Northeast probably hasn't happened yet at least we've not received any notice of scheduling pickup.. beginning to wonder if we are just shifting from waiting queue to another.