Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well even with a VIN and delivery date set, I get shafted.

Just got pushed from my delivery date by 3 days… really not a big deal but now I loose out on my low interest rate I got locked into.

Gonna have to reapply. Anyone have any good rates recently?
I ended up going with USSFCU. Really easy process, 3 days from application to the loan being finalized. 3.74% for 60 month loan.

Well, the electricIan finally came and installed the wall charger. I’ve seen in the Uk sub forum that they can add the WC to the app. I have not been able to do it. Has anybody in the US been able to do that? I believe I have the latest version of the app.
No I could not BUT I could configure it by connecting to it's WiFi listed on the docs that came with it.

Reactions: groenqueen
My EDD just shifted today... 4 days earlier but now in a larger window - 9 vs 7 days. I can't even.... 😵‍💫
For me, I got a VIN on 4/15. I texted the 510 number on Sunday to ask them when the vehicle would be here. They said 4/29. Today I got the invite to schedule an appt. 4/29 - 5/1 are my options. I will be out of town so Im about to release the VIN (good luck everyone).

Anyway, if your VIN was on 4/17, it's prolly almost in transit and I bet you that you get invited to schedule an appointment sometime this weekend for NEXT weekend, early the following week.

For me, I got a VIN on 4/15. I texted the 510 number on Sunday to ask them when the vehicle would be here. They said 4/29. Today I got the invite to schedule an appt. 4/29 - 5/1 are my options. I will be out of town so Im about to release the VIN (good luck everyone).

Anyway, if your VIN was on 4/17, it's prolly almost in transit and I bet you that you get invited to schedule an appointment sometime this weekend for NEXT weekend, early the following week.
Maybe you should come back into town and tell the people who you were planning to be out of town with that you've been waiting since January, and sorry about their luck 😅 My OD is 1/27 and I'm coming back home from a trip Sunday to pick up my car on Monday. Not interested in waiting another 3 months haha

I'm thinking of ordering one from the order page or existing inventory, but I had a question for you guys. I'm in Los Angeles so will probably get it from the Fremont plant, do you guys know if they are making these with the full casted frames on the west coast or is that just an Austin thing?

Maybe you should come back into town and tell the people who you were planning to be out of town with that you've been waiting since January, and sorry about their luck 😅 My OD is 1/27 and I'm coming back home from a trip Sunday to pick up my car on Monday. Not interested in waiting another 3 months haha
I wish life were that easy 🤣

My son is going to flight school in AZ. We are driving from NY to AZ this Thursday. I am flying home the following week. He's been waiting much longer to go to flight school. Ahh the things we do for our kids. Seriously, I thought about changing my return flight but TESLA is so strict with their delivery windows that it wouldn't have mattered, kinda annoying. If I change his start date for flight school, it costs me $1000 to the school, so give and take I guess. I did have FREEMONT build which I was excited about. Let's see what 2 weeks gets me. (Tesla said they will put my account on hold for 2 weeks and the ATTEMPT to assign me a VIN after the hold expires).

• Funny
Reactions: erktrek and Jesse75
Lyndhurst, OH with not one but two of my build hit inventory. One has towing. Man, I just do not get this.
I'm new here and don't know how any of this works. Here's my question:

Next week I'm scheduled to take delivery of a MYLR in Lyndhurst. My build matches one of the cars that just showed up in the Lyndhurst inventory. I haven't made the final payment, so it hasn't technically been sold. Could it be that cars like mine are showing up but not actually available unless I cancel?