Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
MYP | Black Ext | Black Int | 21" | No Tow | No FSD
📍San Antonio

OD: 3/11
EDD: Mar - Apr 2023
EDD2: April 19 - May 24 (3/20)
EDD3: April 19 - May 3 (4/11)
VIN & $3k Reduction: (4/19)
EDD3: April 29 - May 8 (4/19)
EDD3½: May 3 (4/22)*

* I received 3 texts in 3 days from the (510) area code number requesting I add my financing info. I ignored them all waiting on the EDD3 day to get closer. The SA finally added his own message telling me to go ahead and move forward because the car is scheduled to arrive on May 3rd. App hasn't changed, but I've got it on my calendar now. 🤞
Hey! I am new to this community and planning to put an order for my MYP. Current car lease is ending in Aug this year and trying to get closer possible, but don't want to wait too long. Based on your info, You ordered on 03/11 and at this point expected delivery is 05/03?? So if i order now, i won't expect it before Early June?? Can someone confirm Please?

Reactions: derriX
Thanks, this is helpful. Does the location matter?? I mean i am in Bayarea, would that be faster?
I am sure it could. We ordered 4/4 (Tx) and currently showing estimated delivery 5/4-5/13. We changed our car to a SC pick up location vs home delivery 350 miles away. Got the VIN within 24 hours of doing that. I saw online people talking about that might speed up delivery as it could expedite the transport to a service center vs using a 3rd party transport carrier.

I am not 100% sure that the change of delivery from home to service center was the key to get a VIN quick, but that certainly appeared to….but not sure if that was a coincidence or not? 🤷‍♂️

I am sure it could. We ordered 4/4 (Tx) and currently showing estimated delivery 5/4-5/13. We changed our car to a SC pick up location vs home delivery 350 miles away. Got the VIN within 24 hours of doing that. I saw online people talking about that might speed up delivery as it could expedite the transport to a service center vs using a 3rd party transport carrier.
Got it, make sense. Thanks.

Reactions: carcrazyguy
Apologies if this has been covered already, but can someone highlight few things on why someone would opt for MYLR over MYP. With 4k difference, you get few additional upgrades, so why so many folks have ordered MYLR. I just can't get this through my head and sure missing something. Any quick points would help my decision since i am more inclined toward MYP :)

Apologies if this has been covered already, but can someone highlight few things on why someone would opt for MYLR over MYP. With 4k difference, you get few additional upgrades, so why so many folks have ordered MYLR. I just can't get this through my head and sure missing something. Any quick points would help my decision since i am more inclined toward MYP :)
Plenty :) - less range, lower ride quality, more expensive tires - which may need to be replaced more often, can’t be rotated front to back, and offer less protection from the dreaded curb rash, more expensive insurance, staying below the 55k threshold for some state incentives prior to the most recent price cut, and/or less value placed on the additional 1.1 - 1.3 improvement in the 0-60 time or the cosmetic upgrades that come with the Performance model.

At the end of the day, it all comes down to personal preference. If you can’t tell, I went with the MYLR but if you value the additional upgrades that come with the MYP, that’s all really that matters and not a bad choice.

The MYP is going to sit lower and ride more harshly than the other MY models. For someone who uses the car to get from A to B they probably want a softer ride with more ground clearance over a performance type suspension. Add in the larger sidewall tires, that are cheaper to replace on the standard models. It makes for a better everyday driver for a family needing a car not a performance car. It is the same reason there is a base model Mustang and Camaro, built along side the Mustang GT and Camaro ZL1. One is an everyday driver and one model is the performance model that does everything a little better when it comes to the performance and handling.

As my dad would always tell me. “I have never bought a car that I thought. I wish it had less power and wasn’t so nice”…. Buy the one you want from the beginning and know that you won’t look back and say, I wish I would have bought the other model to begin with.

Hey Tesla community, I have a quick question about pre-conditioning the battery on my Model Y. Do I need to do it every single time I drive the car, or just in the mornings? And what about on the weekends when I may go out at random times? I want to make sure I'm taking the best care of my battery and getting the most out of it. Any advice or guidance would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!
Uh you might want to ask in another forum on TMC - this one is for people waiting to take delivery and most (not all) don't yet own vehicles so can only repeat what they've researched (like me!).

Also to answer your specific question though I think it depends on the temperature - in the winter when it's colder, preconditioning can help increase battery efficiency AND warm the cabin. During the summer months this should not be necessary but am happy to be "technically corrected" (the best kind of correct!). One interesting thing I found in looking into this is there seems to be a difference between getting a car ready for a supercharger and preconditioning which I admit I thought were kind of the same things..

EDIT: I see that you already posted over there!

Last edited:
Reactions: kelkel
Looks great! The style matches the 20 inch induction wheels.

I'm debating on whether to get induction or uberturbine style wheel covers for my MY's 19-inch wheels. Don't like how the induction wheel covers have larger gaps so might go with the ladder option. I currently have aftermarket black Gemini wheel covers which I installed a week after picking up my MY.
I think @beewang's caps (pic below from his prior post) are closer to the uberturbine style (wheel on the far right) just with thicker and fewer spokes? The ones I purchased are very similar/same.

Anyway agree - prefer the uberturbine wheels to induction.

Last edited:
Reactions: starise
Yes I agree, I hope it turns to a would as well 😀, any idea how many days before they send the NJ charge up paperwork for owner portion? My od was 2/2 got Vin yesterday, but the edd is 5/5-5/8, with 5/1 deadline I'm cutting it close I guess ☹️
I thought Tesla was supposed to submit the paperwork directly? Any user part would therefore happen on delivery day since being unique to NJ the app does not have a section for this.

Uh you might want to ask in another forum on TMC - this one is for people waiting to take delivery and most (not all) don't yet own vehicles so can only repeat what they've researched (like me!).

Also to answer your specific question though I think it depends on the temperature - in the winter when it's colder, preconditioning can help increase battery efficiency AND warm the cabin. During the summer months this should not be necessary but am happy to be "technically corrected" (the best kind of correct!). One interesting thing I found in looking into this is there seems to be a difference between getting a car ready for a supercharger and preconditioning which I admit I thought were kind of the same things..

EDIT: I see that you already posted over there!
Thank you for the information. After posting here, I realized that I should have posted it over there.

Reactions: erktrek
I think @beewang's caps (pic below from his prior post) are closer to the uberturbine style (wheel on the far right) just with thicker and fewer spokes? The ones I purchased are very similar/same.

Anyway agree - prefer the uberturbine wheels to induction.
Yeah you're right, definitely just lesser spokes which makes it look a little like the induction wheels.

The following are the uberturbine wheels that come with the MY Performance:
Screenshot_20230423-094803.png

Which you can see have more spokes and a lesser gap between each one.

Reactions: erktrek
Yeah you're right, definitely just lesser spokes which makes it look a little like the induction wheels.

The following are the uberturbine wheels that come with the MY Performance:
View attachment 931057

Which you can see have more spokes and a lesser gap between each one.
The "less spokes" look of the aftermarket product actually seems cleaner - too many spokes evokes visions of a "wagon wheel" with the induction wheels looking a little worse in that regard than the UTs.

Each to their own however and my opinion is not necessarily the "right" one. It remains to be seen if my wife will like the look or reject outright based on them being too ostentatious. Am proceeding with caution at any rate.. ;)

The "less spokes" look of the aftermarket product actually seems cleaner - too many spokes evokes visions of a "wagon wheel" with the induction wheels looking a little worse in that regard than the UTs.

Each to their own however and my opinion is not necessarily the "right" one. It remains to be seen if my wife will like the look or reject outright based on them being too ostentatious. Am proceeding with caution at any rate.. ;)
Haha understandable. I also like the aftermarket design but I feel like more things could possibly get caught inside there due to the bigger gaps. Who knows, I'll probably end up ordering something like those instead of something similar to the MYP's uberturbine style.

Haha understandable. I also like the aftermarket design but I feel like more things could possibly get caught inside there due to the bigger gaps. Who knows, I'll probably end up ordering something like those instead of something similar to the MYP's uberturbine style.
If you go with the Aliexpress link @Andrometer4 posted not too long ago.. you can get them for like $138 (shipping included).

Or just get them quicker on Amazon for a bit more..

Last edited: