Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Attachments

• IMG_7670.jpeg
    IMG_7670.jpeg
    621.4 KB · Views: 71
We need to submit paperwork after the delivery. What happens after May 1st delivery is anyone's guess.

Thanks for that forum post!

I assumed the seller was handling all of it but apparently NJ sends you paperwork after Tesla does their thing?

That doesn't make sense because you get the discount immediately at the time of payment - it's not a rebate you get later. Maybe they are referring to the home chargers? Even so if buyer paperwork IS required after the fact and NJ follows up and sends you something I would think you'd be covered. What happens if you don't? You have to pay the $2k back?

I'm still wondering if we need to submit payment before May 1st to lock it in.

Last edited:
Reactions: imgcs
I went with these when they were on a nice sale (paid @135 with tax and shipping). Figured for the money I would give them a try. My first Ali experience. They came in a week and look pretty nice. Granted I don’t have a car yet to see them on. Lol.
I luv it!! Saving $$$ that is!!

I mean... If we didn't care to save a few bucks.. we.wouldnt be hanging out on these forums. And we'd all be pissin our $$$ away to Elon by buying Full self driving.

AliExpress is working out very nicely on these Tesla toys without paying the middle man.

Cheers

beewang

Reactions: erktrek
I luv it!! Saving $$$ that is!!

I mean... If we didn't care to save a few bucks.. we.wouldnt be hanging out on these forums. And we'd all be pissin our $$$ away to Elon by buying Full self driving.

AliExpress is working out very nicely on these Tesla toys without paying the middle man.

Cheers

beewang
I think when things go right Aliexpress is awesome but when things go wrong, well... good luck. Had some relatively expensive smart home devices fail out of the box and tried to return but got nowhere so my trust/faith in them is on the low side. I will happily purchase something under $50 or so knowing I might lose out but otherwise have had much better experience with Amazon returns. An extra $15-$20 is worth it for the peace of mind and (mostly) faster delivery.

I’m planning to use plaid in the app to pay for the car. At what point do I do it? Can I set up everything and transfer the money as I am ready to accept delivery? Or this will delay scheduling of delivery?
NJ rebates aside was wondering the same thing - don't necessarily want to pay for something we haven't taken delivery of.. however based on the app, payments and acceptance are separate so I guess you could still reject the car if you had to.

Reactions: groenqueen
NJ rebates aside was wondering the same thing - don't necessarily want to pay for something we haven't taken delivery of.. however based on the app, payments and acceptance are separate so I guess you could still reject the car if you had to.
The plaid app took the money out of my account (ACH) the next day.

I wouldn't do it til the 1 day before delivery as I like to hang onto my hard earned $$$ for as long as I can.

beewang

The plaid app took the money out of my account (ACH) the next day.

I wouldn't do it til the 1 day before delivery as I like to hang onto my hard earned $$$ for as long as I can.

beewang
Agree!!! However in NJ there is an open question about a May 1st deadline to get orders in for an extra $2k EV discount. The NJ program ran out of money for the year already. Making a payment before May 1st might help in that regard but it's not clear.

Thanks for that forum post!

I assumed the seller was handling all of it but apparently NJ sends you paperwork after Tesla does their thing?
Not sure how it works. I am assuming you will fill out paperwork before the pickup. Tesla clearly says this “Contingent on residents signing any required documentation“ on Charge up credits.

Maybe they are referring to the home chargers?
They are referring to Tesla car. It’s possible that that person picked up the car between Apr 18th to 21st when the rebate was cancelled. In this case they need to submit paperwork after pickup.

Not sure how it works. I am assuming you will fill paperwork before the delivery. Tesla clearly says this “Contingent on residents signing any required documentation“ on Charge up credits.

They are referring to Tesla car. It’s possible that that person picked up the car during Apr 18th to 21st when the rebate was cancelled? In this case they need to submit paperwork after pickup.

So on the app I went to final payment and the discount is included in the total. Since we are paying "cash" we will definitely do this before May 1st just to lock it in even if we haven't taken delivery. That way it's on Tesla to make sure things are handled properly.

Last edited:
So on the app I went to final payment and the discount is included in the total. Since we are paying "cash" we will definitely do this before May 1st just to lock it in even if we haven't taken delivery.
Mine is loan, but when I apply for loan, the 2k discount is given to reduce loan amount. So, currently it is what I'm expecting. But trying to figure out, if it'll stay till delivery, plus nothing received from Tesla yet