Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got VIN assigned on Sunday 4/30 (MYLR 19ā€ Gemini, 7 seater, CT/Tri state area).

1. How long (days/weeks?) before I expect delivery? (I donā€™t have a rush to get the car, havenā€™t had time to think about options/actual test drive - so not sure I can change those still). Trying to get an idea on timelines before delivery (Mt Kisko center) to prep.

2. Iā€™m undecided on Model 3 trade in; how long is the trade in process with Tesla? (And what would be the process)

3. Can I re use the previous car license plates (paid taxes for that already)? And does old car need to be sold before accepting delivery? to be able to reuse the license plate?

TIA!

1. Having just taken delivery in MA, it was about 2 weeks after VIN from Austin. I believe 7 seater will come from Fremont, might be 3 weeks.

2. You can get a rough range here: Trade-in | Tesla
To get a trade-in offer enter the info directly in the Tesla app. It will ask about condition and you upload pictures. Takes several business days for them to give an offer which is good for 30 days / 1000 miles. In MA, the trade-in offer gets subtracted from sales price before calculating sales tax, so it's worth more than just the offer when trading directly to Tesla vs. selling elsewhare. (Unsure if CT is the same as MA in this regard.) I just took delivery today and trade-in was super simple. I handed them the keys and signed the back of the title when they asked me to, and they took my old car away. No in-person inspections at all in the process.

3. I had them transfer registration and plates in MA. Took them 30-40 minutes to process it. They did not get me an inspection sticker so I have 7 days to get that done. If you private sale I assume you would need to do that beforehand. In MA you can transfer plates within 7 days of losing possession of your old car.

So we have a Tesla!!! Picked up at the tiny Cherry Hill location, fortunate enough to find a parking space. Noticed our Tesla was in space #13 šŸ˜¬ - no associate in sight. My wife's phone app was already activated so she could unlock. We spent some time going over both the exterior and interior. Could not find a single thing wrong with it. Now to be fair I'm not an expert BUT thanks to this community I kinda know what to look out for - things like trim around the doors, alignment of the trunk and rear lights, paint scratches, rim damage etc.. nope saw none of it. A lady who was also picking up a car with similar trim came up to us and said check the interior door trim/moulding right by where the door attaches to the frame - theirs was doubled up or over apparently something like that and understandably she was not happy. Ours seemed fine though. After sitting in the cabin for a while familiarizing ourselves with the controls, and pairing our phones etc we were good to go. They had paperwork in the car the car we had to fill out and when we were done I brought it to them and we left. Super fast.

When we got home I took a few pics and put in the accessories like the floor/sub-trunk/frunk mats and the Rear Trunk Organizers - the ones @groenqueen was asking about - yes they fit great, once I figured out how to put them in correctly (there is a hint on the bottoms!). Also put in the Spigen Console Organizer tray and hidden storage box - those too look great, fit well. In terms of the hubcaps - I have not put them on yet. The stock ones look really nice on close inspection. Also I have not yet attempted to add the roof rack nor mess with the tow hitch - I bought a bike rack for the tow hitch that hopefully doesn't hide the rear camera. Tested the charging, that works great, no puffs of smoke or random electrical discharges - @groenqueen to answer an earlier question - it does not appear you can add your wall charger to the Tesla app, at least I couldn't find how to do it. After adding the car to our WiFi I did kick off an OTA which took about 20 mins or so.. during the process made some really weird noises but looks like everything worked.

Other than that spent an inordinate amount of time sitting in the car futzing with things.. so much to learn yet for the basic functions surprisingly simple. Have not taken it for a proper drive yet...

On the downside I think my wife is secretly getting excited and may actually start to love the car which is ruining my devious plan to end up as the primary driver.
PXL_20230501_212445384.jpg

PXL_20230501_212037067.jpg
PXL_20230501_224745779.jpg

PXL_20230501_224608333.jpg
PXL_20230501_224600995.jpg

Last edited:
So we have a Tesla!!! Picked up at the tiny Cherry Hill location, fortunate enough to find a parking space. Noticed our Tesla was in space #13 šŸ˜¬ - no associate in sight. My wife's phone app was already activated so she could unlock. We spent some time going over both the exterior and interior. Could not find a single thing wrong with it. Now to be fair I'm not an expert BUT thanks to this community I kinda know what to look out for - things like trim around the doors, alignment of the trunk and rear lights, paint scratches, rim damage etc.. nope saw none of it. A lady who was also picking up a car with similar trim came up to us and said check the interior door trim/moulding right by were the door attaches to the frame - theirs was doubled up or over apparently something like that and understandably she was not happy. Ours seemed fine though. After sitting in the cabin for a while familiarizing ourselves with the controls, and pairing our phones etc we were good to go. They had paperwork in the car the car we had to fill out and when we were done I brought it to them and we left. Super fast.

When we got home I took a few pics and put in the accessories like the floor/sub-trunk/frunk mats and the Rear Trunk Organizers - the ones @groenqueen was asking about - yes they fit great once I figured out how to put them in correctly (there is a hint on the bottoms!). Also put in the Spigen Console Organizer tray and hidden storage box - those too look great, fit well. In terms of the hubcaps - I have not put them on yet. The stock ones look really nice on close inspection. Also I have not yet attempted to add the roof rack nor mess with the tow hitch - I bought a bike rack for the tow hitch that hopefully doesn't hide the rear camera. Tested the charging, that works great, no puffs of smoke or random electrical discharges - @groenqueen to answer an earlier question - it does not appear you can add your wall charger to the Tesla app, at least I couldn't find how to do it. After adding the car to our WiFi I did kick off an OTA which took about 20 mins or so.. during the process made some really weird noises but looks like everthing worked.

Other than that spent an inordinate amount of time sitting in the car futzing with things.. so much to learn yet for the basic functions surprisingly simple. Have not taken it for a proper drive yet...

On the downside I think my wife is secretly getting excited and may actually start to love the car which is ruining my devious plan to end up as the primary driver.View attachment 933691

View attachment 933687View attachment 933688

View attachment 933694View attachment 933693
Congrats! Looks awesome!

Reactions: erktrek
So we have a Tesla!!! Picked up at the tiny Cherry Hill location, fortunate enough to find a parking space. Noticed our Tesla was in space #13 šŸ˜¬ - no associate in sight. My wife's phone app was already activated so she could unlock. We spent some time going over both the exterior and interior. Could not find a single thing wrong with it. Now to be fair I'm not an expert BUT thanks to this community I kinda know what to look out for - things like trim around the doors, alignment of the trunk and rear lights, paint scratches, rim damage etc.. nope saw none of it. A lady who was also picking up a car with similar trim came up to us and said check the interior door trim/moulding right by were the door attaches to the frame - theirs was doubled up or over apparently something like that and understandably she was not happy. Ours seemed fine though. After sitting in the cabin for a while familiarizing ourselves with the controls, and pairing our phones etc we were good to go. They had paperwork in the car the car we had to fill out and when we were done I brought it to them and we left. Super fast.

When we got home I took a few pics and put in the accessories like the floor/sub-trunk/frunk mats and the Rear Trunk Organizers - the ones @groenqueen was asking about - yes they fit great once I figured out how to put them in correctly (there is a hint on the bottoms!). Also put in the Spigen Console Organizer tray and hidden storage box - those too look great, fit well. In terms of the hubcaps - I have not put them on yet. The stock ones look really nice on close inspection. Also I have not yet attempted to add the roof rack nor mess with the tow hitch - I bought a bike rack for the tow hitch that hopefully doesn't hide the rear camera. Tested the charging, that works great, no puffs of smoke or random electrical discharges - @groenqueen to answer an earlier question - it does not appear you can add your wall charger to the Tesla app, at least I couldn't find how to do it. After adding the car to our WiFi I did kick off an OTA which took about 20 mins or so.. during the process made some really weird noises but looks like everthing worked.

On the downside I think my wife is secretly getting excited and may actually start to love the car which is ruining my devious plan to end up as the primary driver.View attachment 933691

View attachment 933687View attachment 933688

View attachment 933694View attachment 933693
Hey! Congratulations and enjoy! Love love the color. I am bummed that I wonā€™t be able to be at pick up due to travel, so I have to wait until the 11th to play with ours. Hopefully it goes as smooth for my husband.. Thanks for all the updates on the accessories!

Delivery day! A few minor issues to report on this Austin VIN:
  1. A bit of misalignment of the trunk. It sticks out past the bumper slightly on the right side and is tight against the right tail light. They said it can be adjusted but take a few hours. Gave choice of waiting or come back, I chose to come back later for that.
  2. Rear passenger window misalignment. The top front of this window closes on top of the B pillar glass. Top rear has a gap from the seal. They are fixing this right now while I wait.
  3. Minor black smudge on paint. They buffed out on the spot.
  4. Tiny bit of paint missing on the lower inside bottom of the rear passenger door. They are going to touch up for me today.
  5. There are small gaps where the black wheel trim meet the rear doors. They tell me this is normal and it appears to be same on others.
Trading in was super easy. They didn't inspect anything, just took my old plates off and drove the car around back, and commented on how clean it looked. Planning to accept assuming they can fix the window (#2).

View attachment 933538

Rear passenger window closes atop B pillar:
View attachment 933539

This is the gap between top rear of rear driver side window and the small triangular window in the far back corner:
View attachment 933547

View attachment 933540

View attachment 933541

View attachment 933543
Thanks for the update! I hope they were able to fix the issues for you! did they give you any papers for the state tax rebate? Enjoy!!

Thanks for the update! I hope they were able to fix the issues for you! did they give you any papers for the state tax rebate? Enjoy!!
Yes they fixed the misaligned window in under an hour which was my biggest concern. Going to schedule service to have the hatch realigned. In hindsight I might have just had them do that today and wait a couple hours rather than go back another day. Since it took longer than planned already, I ended up having to take some work meetings in the waiting room. It also took another 30-40 minutes for them to transfer registration over from my trade-in.

They did give me a printed MVPA page and said it's for the MOR-EV rebate. I took photos of that and all the paperwork I was allowed to just in case I lost anything.

So we have a Tesla!!! Picked up at the tiny Cherry Hill location, fortunate enough to find a parking space. Noticed our Tesla was in space #13 šŸ˜¬ - no associate in sight. My wife's phone app was already activated so she could unlock. We spent some time going over both the exterior and interior. Could not find a single thing wrong with it. Now to be fair I'm not an expert BUT thanks to this community I kinda know what to look out for - things like trim around the doors, alignment of the trunk and rear lights, paint scratches, rim damage etc.. nope saw none of it. A lady who was also picking up a car with similar trim came up to us and said check the interior door trim/moulding right by where the door attaches to the frame - theirs was doubled up or over apparently something like that and understandably she was not happy. Ours seemed fine though. After sitting in the cabin for a while familiarizing ourselves with the controls, and pairing our phones etc we were good to go. They had paperwork in the car the car we had to fill out and when we were done I brought it to them and we left. Super fast.

When we got home I took a few pics and put in the accessories like the floor/sub-trunk/frunk mats and the Rear Trunk Organizers - the ones @groenqueen was asking about - yes they fit great, once I figured out how to put them in correctly (there is a hint on the bottoms!). Also put in the Spigen Console Organizer tray and hidden storage box - those too look great, fit well. In terms of the hubcaps - I have not put them on yet. The stock ones look really nice on close inspection. Also I have not yet attempted to add the roof rack nor mess with the tow hitch - I bought a bike rack for the tow hitch that hopefully doesn't hide the rear camera. Tested the charging, that works great, no puffs of smoke or random electrical discharges - @groenqueen to answer an earlier question - it does not appear you can add your wall charger to the Tesla app, at least I couldn't find how to do it. After adding the car to our WiFi I did kick off an OTA which took about 20 mins or so.. during the process made some really weird noises but looks like everything worked.

On the downside I think my wife is secretly getting excited and may actually start to love the car which is ruining my devious plan to end up as the primary driver.
Congrats on finally getting your Tesla! It was an exciting day here too!

Yes they fixed the misaligned window in under an hour which was my biggest concern. Going to schedule service to have the hatch realigned. In hindsight I might have just had them do that today and wait a couple hours rather than go back another day. Since it took longer than planned already, I ended up having to take some work meetings in the waiting room. It also took another 30-40 minutes for them to transfer registration over from my trade-in.

They did give me a printed MVPA page and said it's for the MOR-EV rebate. I took photos of that and all the paperwork I was allowed to just in case I lost anything.
Did it come with mud flaps/ppf?

I got this one...

Looks great, fits perfectly - also got the "hidden" one for the armrest. Not sure what we will use that one for though but it works and adds even more space. Maybe title/insurance etc.
Yeah I got the same Spigen, front console, hidden armrest, plus this rear center one:

I ordered the Tesmanian armrest console organizer and their floor mats.

Also got these door inserts which fit great though took me a while to figure out which direction they all went in:

I'm holding off on the screen protector for now. Never had an issue without one in my Prius, and saw some recommendation against due to heat. If I do I'll likely try the matte Spigen one, but reflections aren't that bad so far with no screen protector.