Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Interested in the same!
Not sure what version it was but it didn’t have park assist. When we brought it home and connected to home wifi it did an update which added park assist. Since last Wednesday we have received another update with the ability to change font size, scroll wheel command, etc. I wouldn’t worry too much about the version you get as it will update pretty soon after you get it.

Mine came with 2023.2 and it was built on April 7th. Two days later, 2023.6 became available.

I'm looking forward to some of the changes in 2023.11, but not sure if I'll get that since I just subscribed to FSD and the FSB beta updates have been based on older software.
We had one right after pickup then this afternoon we just got notified of another update - 2023.12.11. Guess it's catching up.

So, I got those Kavanic wheel covers. I figured I'd get them all ready and put foam tape on. Overnight all the foam came away from the tape.

I have reached out to them through Amazon. See what they will do. May have to return.

I found this tape on Amazon. If seller cannot help and decide to keep may buy this.

Last edited:
So, I got those Kavanic wheel covers. I figured I'd get them all ready and put foam tape on. Overnight all the foam came away from the tape.

I have reached out to them through Amazon. See what they will do. May have to return.

I found this tape on Amazon. If seller cannot help and decide to keep may buy this.

I also been reading reviews, should have done this first, that the clips that hold them on wheel are very tight and hard to get off without breaking the covers or damaging the rims.

Last edited:
Since we took delivery our car has been mostly a "garage queen". My wife has done pretty much all of the driving and that was just from the showroom to home and then a brief trip to pickup lunch yesterday. All I've gotten to do was inch into the garage after taking those pictures I posted 😢.

Well today I got to actually drive it around the block and park it on the street for a bit as we are having some irrigation work done and the contractor needed access to the garage - Huzzah! The most impressive thing was how easy it was to just drive it. Incredibly smooth and super responsive. The one thing I did not realize is how well the one pedal driving works - I had assumed it only triggers when you take your foot fully off the pedal not in stages as you let up like it actually does - a very natural/logical way of doing it. Anyway I may take it out on the highway for a bit as we are still in "calibration mode" - that wagon wheel icon thing on the top left of the screen. Should go away after 20-25 miles according to the fine manual..

You're kinda anal about the tape ehh?? :p
Look, I don't think they do anything really.. recall I put the wheels on the night I received them without the tape and drove it a couple days before I removed the wheels caps and re-did them with tape (just because it's there) as I had to put the wheels cap back directionally corrected.

1) So I don't think you need to worry about the stupid tape thing. It doesn't do anything as far as I can tell.

2) wouldn't worry about breaking the wheel caps as I am sure at some point you'll curb the wheels and will buy a new set to supply the damage replacement.

In fact...I am gonna order another set now. :D

beewang