Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My second quote is around $2K. Total would be around $2.5K (including permit and charger). I still think it is a little expensive. I just realized the PSEG rebate is not a refund but a bill credit. Did any NJ folks receive better quotes?
I did not realize that either about the rebate. Basically about 7-8 months of not paying a PSEG bill for me.

Both my quotes were $2900 but I need a subpanel.

I’m not with this when connecting to Tesla for payment. Going to get a check and give then.

Attachments

• EBF4A049-A859-4D28-A909-EF1677B336E7.jpeg
    EBF4A049-A859-4D28-A909-EF1677B336E7.jpeg
    239.6 KB · Views: 71
Reactions: erktrek and Skunis
So I ultimately did go out on another "jaunt" yesterday in order to finish the calibration process. Went on the highway and drove around for a bit. Some thoughts..
  • Very nice ride - kind of bouncy in certain spots like the on ramp vs our old BMW due to the lack of air suspension but not terrible.
  • Feels incredibly nimble for such a heavy vehicle - it's easy to forget you are slinging around over 4,363 lbs.
  • The low center of gravity makes looping turns super fun - very similar to accelerating around the curve like I used to do in my boxster (from my bachelor days, sigh).
  • Front seats are top notch and the sound system seems crystal clear and pretty amazing given the MY is allegedly the "worst" of the lineup. Am still messing around with the streaming - we have Amazon music so are out of luck for now.
  • The Park Assist feature is buggy and does not like our small garage - keep getting degraded messages, the visualizations seem to show a large truck on one side and a car on the other. Guess it's time to clean out the garage.. 🤣.
  • Visualizations in general are not very good right now - misses a bunch of things including some people standing right near the car when I pull up to an intersection, various cars on the road around the vehicle etc. Suspect this will improve over time as the car gets smarter about itself.
  • Enabled auto-pilot in the settings but haven't messed with it yet. Did not realize it was still in "beta".
  • Can confirm what everyone has said about one pedal driving - very easy to adapt to, intuitive.

Last edited:
Added a few things to my service ticket and it bumped the appointment out 1.5 weeks until the 22nd. I'd put a service ticket on day 1 for the trunk, but added the other things to the app's service menu later which forced me reschedule. Wish I had time to go over it more thoroughly and do this on day 2. :(

The hatch does make a bit of noise in addition to hanging past the bumper on one side. The latch is also crooked I noticed yesterday. Having a bit of regret that I didn't just wait a few hours for them to fix this at delivery before I accepted. Hoping they can fix this.

1683202702301.jpeg
1683202725124.jpeg
1683202547370.jpeg

Still not completely happy with the window alignment. Not sure if it moved or if I just wasn't looking that closely after they adjusted it. I don't care so much about the aesthetics, just worried if it might move out of place again or may get wind noise from the front or rear of it. Have not taken it on a freeway yet.

1683202580298.jpeg
1683202601320.jpeg

Original before I accepted delivery was much worse and contacting B-pillar glass:
1683202649228.jpeg

Headlight adjustment for the low beam cutoff was ridiculously high and most oncoming cars were flashing me. I pulled over and attempted to lower them from the service menu to complete the drive but will have Tesla calibrate them properly.
1683203386781.jpeg

It's giving me an estimate for trunk alignment, but I expect they will waive that as a delivery issue.

1683202509565.png

Last edited:
Added a few things to my service ticket and it bumped the appointment out 1.5 weeks until the 22nd. I'd put a service ticket on day 1 for the trunk, but added the other things to the app's service menu later which forced me reschedule. Wish I had time to go over it more thoroughly and do this on day 2. :(

The hatch does make a bit of noise in addition to hanging past the bumper on one side. The latch is also crooked I noticed yesterday. Having a bit of regret that I didn't just wait a few hours for them to fix this at delivery before I accepted. Hoping they can fix this.

View attachment 934468 View attachment 934469View attachment 934464

Still not completely happy with the window alignment. Not sure if it moved or if I just wasn't looking that closely after they adjusted it. I don't care so much about the aesthetics, just worried if it might move out of place again or may get wind noise from the front or rear of it. Have not taken it on a freeway yet.

View attachment 934465 View attachment 934466

Original before I accepted delivery was much worse and contacting B-pillar glass:
View attachment 934467

Headlight adjustment for the low beam cutoff was ridiculously high and most oncoming cars were flashing me. I pulled over and attempted to lower them from the service menu to complete the drive but will have Tesla calibrate them properly.
View attachment 934472

It's giving me an estimate for trunk alignment, but I expect they will waive that as a delivery issue.

View attachment 934463
Sorry that there are so many little issues with the car but hopefully it drives like a dream.

I remember when I got my M3SR+ delivered 4 years ago. I knew nothing about inspecting the car or anything like that. I have some small issues that I just dealt with but nothing major. Surprisingly I have looked at the car more recently and the build quality from 2019 for my car was pretty decent. Back then the Fremont factory had a lot more issues. Has matured over the last four years.

How long did it take for those who ordered the wall connector to get it? I ordered on Sunday and it still has yet to ship. This is holding up my application to PSEG and electrician work.

Finalized with electrician. Would not budge on price and was inline with the other electrician so just book the guy.
I ordered on the morning of Apr 17, so it should have shipped that same day (it didn't say it was out of stock), but it didn't ship until the next day. It delivered 7 days later on Apr 25, but the UPS Ground transit time should have been 3 days. I emailed Tesla inquiring about the status of the order while waiting, but as usual, I never received a reply. The most reliable way I've found to get a response from Tesla is to call and wait on hold for 30-90 minutes. :) Emails about orders and to service centers seem to get ignored. I had to email one service center three times over a week before I finally received a reply. I don't know if Tesla is too busy to reply to emails or if they're trained to ignore customers as much as possible.

It seems like it took an inordinate amount of time to get my Mobile Connector as well, which I had the foresight to order a couple of months before the vehicle arrived so that I wouldn't be stuck without a charging method.

Last edited:
Reactions: Skunis and erktrek
I ordered on the morning of Apr 17, so it should have shipped that same day (it didn't say it was out of stock), but it didn't ship until the next day. It delivered 7 days later on Apr 25, but the UPS Ground transit time should only only been 3 days. I emailed Tesla inquiring about the status of the order while waiting, but as usual, I never received a reply. The most reliable way I've found to get a response from Tesla is to call and wait on hold for 30-90 minutes. :) Emails about orders and to service centers seem to go ignored. I had to email one service center three times before I finally received a reply. I don't know if Tesla is too busy to reply to emails or if they're trained to ignore customers as much as possible.

It seems like it took an inordinate amount of time to get my Mobile Connector as well, which I had the foresight to order a couple of months before the vehicle arrived so that I wouldn't be stuck without a charging method.
That seems about my experience give or take a day. I got a little carried away and ordered far too early... Ordered Jan 28 and received Feb 03. The roof rack was ordered in a more sane time-frame April 12th when expectations and optimism for vehicle delivery were high (!!) and received on April 19th.

How long did it take for those who ordered the wall connector to get it? I ordered on Sunday and it still has yet to ship. This is holding up my application to PSEG and electrician work.

Finalized with electrician. Would not budge on price and was inline with the other electrician so just book the guy.
I ordered on Best Buy and was there in 3 days for pick up.
Very smooth process