Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Posting this on behalf of my 75 year old mother who is not on this forum, lets welcome another person the Tesla family! She placed her order in the last couple days of January 2023 after the big price drop and just took delivery this Wednesday May 3rd. It's a MY LR, white with black interior, no other options.

The price came down again after she placed the order, and they did extend the new price to her since she hadn't received her VIN at that point. The gaps and everything were perfect EXCEPT a decent looking flaw in the paint on the LF fender. I don't know what it was, it looked like a scuff mark into the paint but they took it to the service guys and when they came back 5 minutes later the paint was perfect. It must've been something just on the surface that they were able to wipe off, it was a sunny day and even in the reflection the paint was flawless.

She's pretty sharp and is picking up how everything works pretty quick, she's always liked techy stuff. She's had solar panels on her roof for several years now and has been wanting a Tesla for a while and here she is!

IMG_4826.JPG

In order to use that with a Tesla, you have to use a J1772-to-Tesla adapter (included with the vehicle) which makes the handle stick out farther which increases the chance of damage and adds a potential failure point. Also, an extra step is required if you want to keep the adapter in the car in case you need to charge from a J1772 connector away from home (unless you buy an additional adapter). Also, there's no button on the J1772 Wall Connector to open the charging port like there is on the Wall Connector and Mobile Connector, so you need to open it using one of the other methods. In short, the J1772 Wall Connector is less convenient to use for a Tesla. These things may not be important to you, but just wanted to point out the differences.
Thanks! Also, I found that it is not smart, doesn't provide connectivity with app. I just canceled.

Posting this on behalf of my 75 year old mother who is not on this forum, lets welcome another person the Tesla family!
Although my parents are financially comfortable and could easily afford any automobile they wanted, they're pretty frugal when it comes to most purchases. For decades, they've bought a modest, new Chevrolet every few years. Mom currently drives an Equinox and, quite honestly, they rarely have any trouble with them. She secretly wants a Cadillac some day, but would never ask for one and knows that Dad would say "no - that's excessive", anyway.

At their age, they prefer cable TV over streaming and newspapers over computers. Still, I think she'd love the convenience of an EV if and when Dad is no longer around to change the oil and put gas in her vehicle. She's way more "tech-y" than he is, but I think a Tesla would be too unconventional for her. I'd love to see her enjoy something like a Cadillac Lyriq during her lifetime, though.

Congrats to your mom!

Thanks! Also, I found that it is not smart, doesn't provide connectivity with app. I just canceled.
The "regular" Wall Connector doesn't connect with the Tesla app here in the US, either. I think that's only for the UK so far.

I'm not quite sure what benefits this provides, anyway - things like scheduled charging, current limits, and charging history are already in the Tesla app regardless of how you charge the vehicle. And, you can control charging access to the Wall Connector by connecting to it's built-in webpage. The Wall Connector can connect to Wi-Fi to receive updates, but that's redundant because it gets software updates when plugged in to a Wi-Fi-connected Tesla.

Last edited:
The "regular" Wall Connector doesn't connect with the Tesla app here in the US, either. I think that's only for the UK so far.

I'm not quite sure what benefits this provides, anyway - things like scheduled charging, current limits, and charging history are already in the Tesla app. And, you can control access to the charger by connecting to it's built-in webpage.
I am learning something new everyday. Can't you schedule charge times and view charging stats via app in the US?

• Funny
Reactions: Amhappy and erktrek