Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We don't in ours just checked and ours expires next week - I wonder if you can put in a service call?
I only suggested because we went to get our tags (TX). I pulled the inspection paperwork out of the glovebox and there was a second temporary tag that was good for another 30 days. We didn’t need them but it was nice to see that someone had thought ahead just in case we did not get the paperwork in time.

Reactions: Skunis and erktrek
I only suggested because we went to get our tags (TX). I pulled the inspection paperwork out of the glovebox and there was a second temporary tag that was good for another 30 days. We didn’t need them but it was nice to see that someone had thought ahead just in case we did not get the paperwork in time.
This may be standard practice in Texas. Both my and my brother-in-law's Teslas came with two 30-day Texas temporary permits as well. I found my second one printed on the back of the first one. My brother's second one was in the glove compartment.

Both of our self-registration packets arrived approximately one week after we took delivery.

Tomorrow will be 6 weeks since I took delivery and 5 weeks since I registered the vehicle and my title still hasn't arrived. I usually get titles in 2-3 weeks, but this is on Texas and/or USPS - not Tesla.

Reactions: Skunis and erktrek
How many times I can postpone Delivery?can I postpone Delivery by 1 Month?
I had this exact same question for Tesla in the past. I was told you can postpone delivery only once. Once the vehicle reaches the showroom, you have 3 days to take delivery although I've heard there is a tiny bit of wiggle room there (not 1 month - that was my exact questions as well). If you can't take delivery on time or reject the delivery due to quality reasons, you forfeit that VIN and will be assigned another VIN within 14 days. The same delivery timeframe applies to the next VIN: technically 3 days to accept delivery. For the second VIN, you have to take delivery or your order is cancelled.

Reactions: Skunis
What happens when someone taps your front plate while parallel parking? I prefer the Tesla stock plate attached with double stick automotive tape. Seems well designed and much more sturdy ...and it come free with the car.
I have read reviews of some of the other alternative plate options and the plate is close enough to the bumper. For the Snap Plate that I got they even tested it or the reviewer had this exact thing happen. A person parked right up to the bumper and pushed the plate in and no damage at all just maybe to the plate itself.

Someone bumps into that stock plate stuck to the bumper it may cause damage as well.

Reactions: erktrek
I will receive tomorrow. Some reviews are mixed. Let's see.
Aha! Just received our plates... Plate mount seems solid, locks into the grate just fine - no wiggle. There is NO backing so probably want to put something there for the bumps - maybe some foam tape or something. I inadvertently mounted my plate upside down on the plate bracket but kinda like the lower profile, we'll see how it handles the highway etc. I think it's okay for the intake. If not, it's a simple matter of popping it off and redoing.

PXL_20230523_191652581.jpg
PXL_20230523_191647596 (Small).png

Took delivery today, the SC folks were really friendly and allowed me to check. The only thing is that the panel gaps (Fremont build) is not as great as Austin build. Have a couple of panel gap issues

1. frunk driver side gap and passenger side gap are not consistent
2. Rear passenger side quarter panel and trunk seam is inconsitent

Apart from that these are the issues I noticed, let me know if these will be addressed

1. All door weather sealants has atleast one small cut in it ( SC said it’s needed to bend and install around corners -not convincing, never seen in my other cars ever)
2. Roof liner partition between from and back( both sides has some kind of QC check issue, they didn’t trim well)
3. The one thing I found after reaching home is that there is a paint issue in the inside bottom part of the driver door (attached)View attachment 940191View attachment 940192View attachment 940193View attachment 940194
Can anyone check if all your four door weather sealants have a cut like this ? Wanted to check back with Tesla ..

Paint issue and roof liner would be addressed, I don’t think they will address panel gap issues.. wanted to be sure about the weather sealant

Can anyone check if all your four door weather sealants have a cut like this ? Wanted to check back with Tesla ..

Paint issue and roof liner would be addressed, I don’t think they will address panel gap issues.. wanted to be sure about the weather sealant
On my rear door driver side on the bend the sealant has a similar slit... other doors appear to be continuous, no slits.

PXL_20230523_221700865.jpg