Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

dizziness or nausea from driving Model S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I did for the first 10 days or so, then it went away. As others have mentioned I suspect it was due to adapting to the regenerative breaking and "one pedal" driving.

Completely true. I had the same issue of getting slightly nauseous due to the regen.
Funny thing is that I get the same effect now whenever I drive any other car (e.g. my Prius) due to my brain expecting something different when I release the pedal.
I also get a funny feeling in my stomach when the Tesla regenerative braking is not available (cold or 100% charge) as well.

So yes it happens. Give your brain some time to adapt :)

On my test drive a few weeks ago, my wife sat in the back seat as I floored it on a 75D. She came away nauseous and as I pick up my CPO 85D next week, I am a little nervous she will continue to be nauseous. I hope it's just because I floored it which I can easily avoid doing with her in the car.

On my test drive a few weeks ago, my wife sat in the back seat as I floored it on a 75D. She came away nauseous and as I pick up my CPO 85D next week, I am a little nervous she will continue to be nauseous. I hope it's just because I floored it which I can easily avoid doing with her in the car.
Sometimes back seats make things worse as far as motion sickness, someone once got sick while I was giving them a test ride in my P90D, they told me it's the feeling of motion without the sound of an engine that's making them sick.
Moved them to the front seat and they were much better there.

It's not uncommon. The regen also makes some passengers and my dog sick.

My first test drive the Tesla rep took the passenger seat and my girlfriend took the back seat. She said she was feeling sick in the back. I figured it was my driving being unfamiliar with the car. Once she tried the front seat and I get used to the car, no more issues. They only other time was when I had a new P100DL for a 24 test drive. Doing the launch feature :cool:....well on the 3rd time both myself as the driver and the front passenger were ill :confused: lol (we don't normally get car sick)

• Funny
Reactions: wesley888
Does anyone have any issues with their small children getting sick in the back seat? My son is 4 and daughter 2 and I'm a little concerned they will be. They have never given any signs of motion sickness but they are young and the opportunities haven't been there.

Does anyone have any issues with their small children getting sick in the back seat? My son is 4 and daughter 2 and I'm a little concerned they will be. They have never given any signs of motion sickness but they are young and the opportunities haven't been there.
I'd work into it by not acellerating real fast and feathering release of the go pedal to reduce the sensory impact of regen braking. People can get used to it but if there first experience is sickness it's hard to get used to. Same for pets.

• Love
Reactions: mbhforum