Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Do the headlights ruin the styling?

Do the headlights need work?

• Yes

Votes: 16 13.6%
  • No

Votes: 102 86.4%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
And please stop assuming I'm upset.

Sorry, I got the wrong impression from the number of posts you seem to make where you wonder if things are going well, or if they're really on track, or if the people that waited in line will get something special because they haven't yet. I won't make any further assumptions ...

And, back to the original headlight discussion ...

Guys it's a concept car. The headlight internals will change, just like the fog lights. Look at the Model X concept vs production....

Tesla-Model-X-concept-car.jpg

VS

2016-Tesla-Model-X-P90D-headlamp.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: Red Sage
Guys it's a concept car. The headlight internals will change, just like the fog lights. Look at the Model X concept vs production....

Tesla-Model-X-concept-car.jpg

VS

2016-Tesla-Model-X-P90D-headlamp.jpg

Even if Tesla doesn't change a thing about the headlights from the concept to the production version, I still like the design very much. Especially as it conveys quite a lot of Porsche-look, which surely isn't a bad thing, at least to many potential buyers I know ;-)
I sort of agree with you guys, but would like to point out those aren't 'concepts' but 'engineering prototypes' instead. This is what a 'concept' looks like, compared to the real deal:
CONCEPT:

REAL DEAL:

Also, I was initially horrified by camera angles that made the Model ☰ seem as if it mimicked Porsche design themes.

It definitely has more than its fair share of wind and road noise but it is a little better then the Mercedes 300c loaner I have right now, it's a bumpy piece of junk. Also, cutting the engine at stoplights and starting the engine again it's a cool idea at all but it's poorly implemented noisy lurch fest.
Funny you should mention the C300. I had one as a loaner. Beautiful car, but rattling noises coming from two separate locations.

Funny you should mention the C300. I had one as a loaner. Beautiful car, but rattling noises coming from two separate locations.

It's funny seeing some of the same parts on another car but the S looks so much nicer. I hate the back end and the interior, front looks ok. It just sets in the garage.

They've had my S for 4 days now and it's not moved from the parting lot at the service center. The appointment was to be over today. Sent an email yesterday and this morning and not a peep. :(