Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Do we think that AP1 will get a Updated along side AP2?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There certainly is still room for improvement on AP 1.0. For example, when the car read this sign, it interpreted that the speed limit was reduced to 35 mph, which truly only pertained to trucks. This was in a 55 mph zone! View attachment 201528 Not sure why the car did not discern that this speed limit sign was not applicable to it.

View attachment 201528
My opinion: Tesla should address this because you purchased a feature that is included in AP1.0 that should function properly. Not suggesting that this is a deficiency of Tesla...just something that should be address. That's all.

Reactions: EVie'sDad
This is what I meant. AP 1.0 will sunset. Not its features. They will be carried over to AP 2.0. However there will be a divorce of AP 1.0. That's what I meant.

Lastly, I'm going to continue to voice my displeasure with how Tesla introduced AP 2.0. I'm not a person that just lets someone shove something in my face that I think is wrong without providing a response. I stand up. I don't sit on the sidelines and complain.
What you do about an issue that you disagree with determines success or not in my opinion. Not simply how a thing turns out. Many times it the constant support of an opinion by the masses that changes outcomes. This is a forum. I voice my opinion without any insult to any individuals. What's the crime?
I guess I don't understand what you mean by "divorce". I had thought you meant ending support (bugs and improvement) but clearly you mean something else.

Re AP 2.0 how do you think Elon should have introduced it?

There certainly is still room for improvement on AP 1.0. For example, when the car read this sign, it interpreted that the speed limit was reduced to 35 mph, which truly only pertained to trucks. This was in a 55 mph zone! View attachment 201528 Not sure why the car did not discern that this speed limit sign was not applicable to it.

View attachment 201528
You should let Tesla know via email with your photo. That way it should percolate up to engineering and get fixed.

I guess I don't understand what you mean by "divorce". I had thought you meant ending support (bugs and improvement) but clearly you mean something else.

Re AP 2.0 how do you think Elon should have introduced it?
Let me change the word divorce to sunset. Sunset = Supporting for trouble shooting purposes, but no longer updating.

I liked the way M3 was introduced. Many people have made decisions about whether to buy a MS now or wait for the M3 later. Tesla announced the production date range - vendor product delivery date ranges - M3 delivery dates ranges and such over a year out. Great job Tesla on the M3 announcement.

It is possible to enhance AP1 with data gained from AP2 efforts. There will be overlap. I suspect that Tesla will take advantage of the overlap. Future customers will be looking at how Tesla treats previous customers. I did, and it was another positive for buying our MS.

Let me change the word divorce to sunset. Sunset = Supporting for trouble shooting purposes, but no longer updating.

I liked the way M3 was introduced. Many people have made decisions about whether to buy a MS now or wait for the M3 later. Tesla announced the production date range - vendor product delivery date ranges - M3 delivery dates ranges and such over a year out. Great job Tesla on the M3 announcement.
The problem with that is that it would have hurt sales for Q3. If you buy a Tesla you have to expect that a 100kw car might come out a couple of weeks after you took delivery of your brand new 90 or that a refresh body style will come out the day after you get your new car. There are always changes. That's what makes it a great car.

Reactions: EVie'sDad