Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Do you like your silicone key fob cover?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Mine glows in the dark. I like it.

I do not use it on a key ring (hate key rings), it is just in my pocket and the silicone keeps the key from getting beat up if anything else is in my pocket. My keys look like new.

Don't use the key ring and chain that comes with it, use one of these loops:
8e85f8464e9af93b2d06e7ca72e68df8.jpg

Interesting. I didn't know Pete started selling on Amazon. I've purchased all my pockets right from the AO website: STORE - FobPockets - Abstract Ocean If you order more than $45 it's cheaper direct, otherwise Amazon wins if you have Prime.

My wife loves her baby blue silicon fob pocket. I have one of my own, but have kept using the "Deluxe" model because it has a carabiner loop. I have a leather one as well, but didn't like the snap and so it sits in a box unused.

They're all really high quality. Pete does a good job with them.
Meh. Pete personally delivers to my house. Beats Amazon every time. :)

I have a couple of the leather fob pockets from Abstract Ocean. I'm very happy with them. The leather is definitely high quality, and Pete gives excellent customer service. The image of the car embossed on the side is a nice touch. The only thing you need to be aware of is that depending on how the particular one you get is cut and sewn, your fob may insert a little deeply in the pocket. If that happens, you may have to nudge it up a hair from the bottom to be able to press on the snap to open the trunk. It's easy once you figure out what's going on, but at first I couldn't figure out why sometimes I couldn't get the button to click properly. And it was only on one of my two fob pockets. The other was a tighter fit, so the fob couldn't get in far enough for that to be an issue.

I hear Pete is adding a P85D leather fob pocket soon, and I'll probably pick up one of those too.

I got my grey silicone fob cover and I quite like it -- except it looks a little greenish rather than grey. The original Tesla wire and key ring fit through the back opening so no modifications are needed and I don't have to be concerned about tearing the silicone tab. My "mystery gift" was the screen cleaner, which is not something I would have ordered, but it works good and I like it:

Leather Model S Screen Cleaning Pad - Abstract Ocean

You can also ask your service center for the Tesla ones. They gave me two of these ones:

fob.jpg

My grey cover sure looks green. I think I'll order one like in JakeP's picture - that one looks great. I wanted to get grey to match my car, but it sure looks green.

Oh that looks excellent, I may have to ask for one next time I visit. Can you thread the Tesla bit through the hole? I bet it will stretch to fit.

I just ordered a Sig Red silicone cover from Pete, so I am well prepared to ask any Hellcat owners at Cars and Coffee this Summer if they brought their Red Key like I did. Now all I need is a P85D to match!

Hmmm. I would leave it girth-hitched around the FOB itself, and then just stick the Tesla bit through the hole. That way your keyring is attached to the solid plastic of the FOB, instead of the silicone FOB pocket.

Ahhh -- now I get it. I did have it attached to the fob, just not in the manner you suggested. Now I get what you mean by stretching the hole to fit the Tesla bit through and it worked much better:

fob2.jpg

Thanks!

I got one of the silicon fob covers but I've been having some trouble recently with the Charge port door popping open when I get in the car. I haven't experimented fully but I think because the silicon cover is slightly grippyer(sp?) the trunk button is getting pressed against my wallet or one of my other keys as I sit down and is popping the charge port.

I just got Tesla's new leather fob cover. Love it!
I'm glad you're happy with it, but that... looks like it will fall out. And it also looks huge in comparison to Pete's form-fitting version.

It's strange that Tesla sees there's a market for these things via Pete, and then releases worse versions of them. The neoprene ones were pretty bad.

I got one of the silicon fob covers but I've been having some trouble recently with the Charge port door popping open when I get in the car. I haven't experimented fully but I think because the silicon cover is slightly grippyer(sp?) the trunk button is getting pressed against my wallet or one of my other keys as I sit down and is popping the charge port.
Could be. I said so at the time, but they didn't learn their lesson on that one. The took away our ability to roll down the windows using the fob because some people accidentally triggered it, and then 6 months later used the exact same gesture (on a different button at least) for something else.

Most automakers use something like "Push-Push-Hold" for this kind of stuff rather than just "Hold."