Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Do you normally use "CHILL" mode or "NORMAL" mode with your model Y?

Do you in general use "CHILL" mode or "NORMAL" in your model Y

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I purchased '23 MYLR in April 2023. I purchased Acceleration Boost a month later before I had ever floored the accelerator pedal. In the 16,000 miles I've owned it, I can count on one hand how many times I've floored the accelerator pedal in Sport Mode. 15,999 of those miles have been in Chill Mode making Acceleration Boost a totally unnecessary and mostly wasteful $2,000 purchase for me.

Even when merging into freeway traffic, I've never found Chill Mode to be inadequate.

If tires were free, road rage didn't exist, and tickets were never issued for speeding or reckless driving, I'd use Sport Mode and give it all the beans every time a light turned green.

Assuming you're not joking, yes. :) It reduces maximum acceleration and also improves efficiency in cooler weather.

You can improve the efficiency of the cabin heating by reducing your selected acceleration mode. This allows the heat pump system to take more heat from the Battery to efficiently heat the cabin, instead of maintaining the Battery's ability to provide peak acceleration performance. This helps to maximize driving efficiency in colder weather. Note that when subsequently increasing the acceleration mode, the Battery requires time to warm up before the increased level of acceleration is available.

I always have mine in sport mode. Most of the time I'm pretty chill with my driving, but I like to have all the power available at all times. The only times I've used Chill mode is when driving to an HPDE event and trying to conserve as much battery as possible while getting there.