Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Does anyone actually have FSD v12 yet?

Do you have FSD v12 yet?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hmmm. It's installing on my car now. Not looking forward to any setbacks but I don't have a route near as complicated as Mars.

Have been using 11.4.9 every time I drive. It does pretty well but there are always occasional interventions. I will be disappointed if it can't handle speeds well.

Reactions: kriskros91
Looks like a good sized group of regular beta users just got 12.3. I'm out of practice at figuring the percentage, but maybe about 12%? I'm counting only FSD users who are still on a 2023 base - the actual beta group - not those who have FSD as part of a 2024 update.

I'm not one of them.

I got an alert that 2023.44.30.25 FSDb v12.3 is available to download. 2 days ago my car slammed on the brakes while meeting another harmless car on a poorly marked (faded yellow lane marks), 2 lane road and I over road it and continued. But that seemed to aggravate it so badly that Tesla insurance raised my premium next month by 28%. I'm pretty desperate to get off 11.4.9, but terrified of what limited reports on 12.3 are sounding like. Anybody out there get 30.25 yet and what is it really like?????

My first drive on 2023.44.30.25 FSDb v12.3 this morning. A simple 3 mile drive to the coffee shop with one stop sign.
V12 would not hold the 3mph over speed that I have set on previous versions every morning for that drive over the past 3 years. Oh well :rolleyes:. V12 seemed to like 2 or 3 mph under.

I got an alert that 2023.44.30.25 FSDb v12.3 is available to download. 2 days ago my car slammed on the brakes while meeting another harmless car on a poorly marked (faded yellow lane marks), 2 lane road and I over road it and continued. But that seemed to aggravate it so badly that Tesla insurance raised my premium next month by 28%. I'm pretty desperate to get off 11.4.9, but terrified of what limited reports on 12.3 are sounding like. Anybody out there get 30.25 yet and what is it really like?????
I’m on Tesla insurance and the car is worth 60% or less but they still are charging me the price like it was brand new.

Reactions: Teetoogrn
My first trip with 2023.44.30.25 FSDb v12.3 this morning. Relatively uneventful. No dry wipe, although it was pretty cloudy and when it did begin to mist a bit, it appropriately wiped. <Pat, pat, good car>.

It insisted the speed limit was 10 mph on a road with a 55 mph limit. It would allow me to set the max speed to 45 mph, however it would not allow me to go over 10 mph. More accelerator = no effect. Might be a problem when I get to the highway with a 75 mph limit?

It behaved much better on the 2 lane undivided highway. Stayed in the right hand lane and did not slam on the brakes when I med other cars. Correctly identified the speed limit as 30 mph although there are no road signs, and drove at 30.

Handled the right hand turn onto the 75 mph highway from the 30 mph highway okay. Stopped well short of the stop sign. Crept to the sign. Crept out to the traffic lane enough to wait for a traffic gap to pull into the lane and accelerate to 75.

Had a little lane confusion at the first destination which was just past the traffic light controlled intersection. There are lanes; u-turn only, left turn only, straight only, right turn only. It too the correct exit from the main highway to the frontage road. Reasonably moved across the lanes to the far right hand lane, realized it was a right turn only lane and moved back, (pretty abruptly, but safely), into the straight through lane. As soon as we cleared the intersection it correctly moved back to the right hand lane and turn turned into the destination. From start to this point, about 1/2 way at 14 miles there were an estimated 25 disengagements, I didn't bother with an exact count.

From there, entered a new route to my "work", which is what I have to name my carport, because it insists that "Home" is .8 miles away from there.

First disengagement 1 minute later because it wanted to take a short cut through a lake. Now on a 2 lane highway that it has decided is 10 mph speed limit and won't go over that. A block down the highway it correctly changed to 55 mph speed limit, although there was no sign. But it only increased the actual speed driven to 25 mph. I just left it there until we got to the intersection with traffic signal controls. Waited for a green light, zoomed under the overpass to the intersection on the other side, whipped a protected left turn, took the left side entrance ramp and headed for home.

The route it plotted to the RV park where home and work are, included driving around the outer edge of the park, clear around to the back and then going toward the front to my carport. Huge improvement, first time it has correctly plotted such a route. It did okay in the beginning, but eventually came upon a couple of pedestrians walking toward us. Instead of stopping, it took a right turn to avoid them, which looped around to the left to the correct road, but took a left turn instead of another right turn and came up behind the pedestrians again. At this point it just stopped and disengaged. All this went pretty well, probably 15 disengagements in this 1/2 of the 28 miles.

A huge relief. Each of the updates for the last 10 months have made it significantly worse, to the point of being very unsafe. This update seems to have fixed most of the problems and I think I could take passengers somewhere without them screaming - it's driving much more human like.

Reactions: kpanda17
My first trip with 2023.44.30.25 FSDb v12.3 this morning. Relatively uneventful. No dry wipe, although it was pretty cloudy and when it did begin to mist a bit, it appropriately wiped. <Pat, pat, good car>.

It insisted the speed limit was 10 mph on a road with a 55 mph limit. It would allow me to set the max speed to 45 mph, however it would not allow me to go over 10 mph. More accelerator = no effect. Might be a problem when I get to the highway with a 75 mph limit?

It behaved much better on the 2 lane undivided highway. Stayed in the right hand lane and did not slam on the brakes when I med other cars. Correctly identified the speed limit as 30 mph although there are no road signs, and drove at 30.

Handled the right hand turn onto the 75 mph highway from the 30 mph highway okay. Stopped well short of the stop sign. Crept to the sign. Crept out to the traffic lane enough to wait for a traffic gap to pull into the lane and accelerate to 75.

Had a little lane confusion at the first destination which was just past the traffic light controlled intersection. There are lanes; u-turn only, left turn only, straight only, right turn only. It too the correct exit from the main highway to the frontage road. Reasonably moved across the lanes to the far right hand lane, realized it was a right turn only lane and moved back, (pretty abruptly, but safely), into the straight through lane. As soon as we cleared the intersection it correctly moved back to the right hand lane and turn turned into the destination. From start to this point, about 1/2 way at 14 miles there were an estimated 25 disengagements, I didn't bother with an exact count.

From there, entered a new route to my "work", which is what I have to name my carport, because it insists that "Home" is .8 miles away from there.

First disengagement 1 minute later because it wanted to take a short cut through a lake. Now on a 2 lane highway that it has decided is 10 mph speed limit and won't go over that. A block down the highway it correctly changed to 55 mph speed limit, although there was no sign. But it only increased the actual speed driven to 25 mph. I just left it there until we got to the intersection with traffic signal controls. Waited for a green light, zoomed under the overpass to the intersection on the other side, whipped a protected left turn, took the left side entrance ramp and headed for home.

The route it plotted to the RV park where home and work are, included driving around the outer edge of the park, clear around to the back and then going toward the front to my carport. Huge improvement, first time it has correctly plotted such a route. It did okay in the beginning, but eventually came upon a couple of pedestrians walking toward us. Instead of stopping, it took a right turn to avoid them, which looped around to the left to the correct road, but took a left turn instead of another right turn and came up behind the pedestrians again. At this point it just stopped and disengaged. All this went pretty well, probably 15 disengagements in this 1/2 of the 28 miles.

A huge relief. Each of the updates for the last 10 months have made it significantly worse, to the point of being very unsafe. This update seems to have fixed most of the problems and I think I could take passengers somewhere without them screaming - it's driving much more human like.
Can wait!!

I just got 12.3 on my Model Y, and I've stopped using it already. I really dislike the mandatory 1-pull activation for full FSD. I hadn't realized how often I like to use the cruise control while doing my own steering, and that's not an option right now if you've selected the FSD option. Back to regular old autosteer with double pull for now.

I hadn't realized how often I like to use the cruise control while doing my own steering
I don't know if you've considered this, but turn on FSD without a destination. If all you're doing with your steering is changing lanes, you can use turn signals to do that. That's my normal way of using FSD on multilane roads. It's not perfect, but I find it relaxing overall.

I don't know if you've considered this, but turn on FSD without a destination. If all you're doing with your steering is changing lanes, you can use turn signals to do that. That's my normal way of using FSD on multilane roads. It's not perfect, but I find it relaxing overall.
Yesterday, on 12.3, I turned on FSD with minimize lane changes while in the middle of 3 lanes. With no traffic around, I signaled left wanting to change lanes but the car never honored my request. I had to cancel.

I also dislike the single pull and use a “no fsd” profile to easily enable cruise control.

Reactions: JB47394
Yesterday, on 12.3, I turned on FSD with minimize lane changes while in the middle of 3 lanes. With no traffic around, I signaled left wanting to change lanes but the car never honored my request. I had to cancel.
Thanks for the reminder about Minimal Lane Changes. I have the refusals as well. That's new with 12.3. It doesn't happen every time. If you don't get the blue lane shading for the lane you're trying to move to, I think that's a safe indication that it didn't get the message.