Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Does anyone actually have FSD v12 yet?

Do you have FSD v12 yet?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My 2023 MY hardware v4 is downloading V12.3 FSD.
2023.44.30.25 but the over the air update keeps hanging at 100% the car has tried to download it successfully 3 times so far in the last 9 hours and everytime it get's to 110% download it seems to hang.

My 2023 MY hardware v4 is downloading V12.3 FSD.
2023.44.30.25 but the over the air update keeps hanging at 100% the car has tried to download it successfully 3 times so far in the last 9 hours and everytime it get's to 110% download it seems to hang.
Same with mine. Looks like a lot of users on HW4 have had the same issue. I hope Tesla is aware...

I made a service appointment and they send me .8 again (the one I was already on) and then when I mentioned that I had problems with .25 they just shrugged and closed the request as they said there was nothing else they could do...

Interesting distribution. The logic escapes me.

Screenshot_20240320_224905_Firefox.jpg

I have it and it’s much better than v11. Still needs occasional interventions but fewer. This morning it ran a red light. That kind of thing is rare though. I felt V11 was maybe 95% there. I’d put v12 at 98%.
Ran a red light? Yikes! That’s not something a driver can intervene with. Could it have been in aggressive mode and tried to beat a yellow light? Most videos indicate a much more cautious approach. Keep an eye on that and see what 12.4 does.

Ran a red light? Yikes! That’s not something a driver can intervene with. Could it have been in aggressive mode and tried to beat a yellow light? Most videos indicate a much more cautious approach. Keep an eye on that and see what 12.4 does.
It slowed for the yellow then sped up when it turned red. I let it go through because there were no cars moving into the intersection. I wanted to see if it would still stop but a little too late but nope. It went right on through. V11 occasionally did this too at this one particular light. Nowhere else.

It slowed for the yellow then sped up when it turned red. I let it go through because there were no cars moving into the intersection. I wanted to see if it would still stop but a little too late but nope. It went right on through. V11 occasionally did this too at this one particular light. Nowhere else.
Similar for me. Light turned yellow and M3 braked for a split second then decided to accelerate through. Open intersection so I didn't intervene. v12.3 is much improved over v11 so far. Main annoyance is it won't drive at my set max speed limit--usually a few under. I tried another +5 and it didn't budge. Like it only wants to drive what it thinks the road allows.

Reactions: Huntfortelsa
v12.3 FSD first impressions

Was able to drive almost the whole way to work (about 25 miles) without disengaging.

Barely got into the left turn lane leaving my street. Car was almost sticking out into the through lane. Moved into the double turn lane to enter the freeway without using a blinker. Went from the right most turn lane into the right most lane on the frontage road instead of staying in its lane which then forced the car to change lanes back into the freeway onramp. Car couldn't decide how fast to go on the onramp so the car next to me thought we were racing. Stayed way too far to the right on the onramp and took forever to get into the main part of the lane until I forced it to merge into the left lanes.

Very strange to see it switch between v12 code on surface streets and v11 code on the freeway.

Offramp exit was smoother, but was super hesitant and jerky at the stop sign I think because of limited sight lines. Had automatic speed set so it drove fairly slow and had a car behind me clearly annoyed. Was fairly uneventful after that until I manually disengaged to avoid a series of potholes.

Progress, but still a long way to go.

Reactions: JB47394
Can you post a link for this?
There have been tweets about it. This is the only one I could find. I recall there being a mention of addressing the problem of low speeds being one of the changes, but I can't find supporting evidence on that one.

Note that the weekend release may be only to Tesla employees. That's where they usually start with new software.

Reactions: Huntfortelsa
There have been tweets about it. This is the only one I could find. I recall there being a mention of addressing the problem of low speeds being one of the changes, but I can't find supporting evidence on that one.

Note that the weekend release may be only to Tesla employees. That's where they usually start with new software.

Thank you for checking! Hope for the best

Reactions: JB47394