Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Does anyone wave anymore?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Mrs text me today saying someone waved:confused:

To be fair, I dont wave at any when I drive it. I Just dont think its in the same enthusiast league as glamoured VW t5's, Scooby's (I used to wave at them) and motorbikes (still do) Ive had the odd wave on the golf R and waved back... I suppose you've got to into the "scene" kind of thing and to be fair to my Mrs she's not ever been into the "scene" for anything and I personally dont think quite ticks that box or will anytime soon with increasing numbers/being common which doesn't bother me at all.

Glad to see people waving still. Still experiencing issues with s and x Drivers but the hurt is starting to get less and less.
I did experience my favourite wave on my way up to Scotland a couple of weeks ago, white M3 in lane 1 on the m74/m6 travelling north (me) and a white m3 in lane 1 on the same road travelling south, 4 lanes of empty roads and a central reservation didn’t stop us bonding, both waving frantically, forwards and then through the side window as we past each other. It was magical. I wonder whether that person is on here(22nd or Probably 23rd August...)

I (still) drive an older ICE car*, and always smile internally when I spot a Tesla - sometimes I follow it for a while just for kicks.
Question: is there a code easy enough to do and for the Tesla driver to notice for giving them a thumbs up? And if not, what do you suggest?
Sometimes I want to just flash my high beams, but this could be misinterpreted..

(*) In my defense, this is a 2008 Mercedes CLK350, the very same year Mercedes saved Elon's fledgling Tesla by procuring EV engines for their B-car series AND investing $50M in Tesla.