Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Does anyone wave anymore?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I waved twice, both to Model Xers yesterday. Was ignored both times.

They probably see the 3 and think "peasant"
I talked to an elderly owner of a '17 plate Model S at a supercharger who clearly resents the profusion of Model 3's taking away Tesla exclusivity & congesting the chargers (he said far too many other 3s just park next him, ignoring empty bays further on & it's getting worse quarter by quarter). Longer standing S & X owners probably have every right to feel that way I suppose.

I talked to an elderly owner of a '17 plate Model S at a supercharger who clearly resents the profusion of Model 3's taking away Tesla exclusivity & congesting the chargers (he said far too many other 3s just park next him, ignoring empty bays further on & it's getting worse quarter by quarter). Longer standing S & X owners probably have every right to feel that way I suppose.

Seems a pretty weird attitude to me, surely anyone who's an early adopter of EVs should welcome the fact that they are becoming more popular?

If that owner wanted exclusivity, then he made a poor choice by deciding to buy a Tesla, as right from the start Elon has been very clear that his objective was to help kickstart the EV revolution. If someone wants an exclusive car, that few others own, then there are plenty of other choices in the same price bracket as the Model S.

Years ago I owned a Maserati BiTurbo, that was certainly fairly exclusive, as not only did I never see another one in all the time I owned it, but I also had to wait weeks for any spares, as Maserati simply didn't hold stocks of spares, it seemed, and probably made them to order. Given that the car was Italian, it needed spares more often than most, too. . .

Hope the owner of the white Model 3 that I often seem to park close to in the Waitrose car park in Salisbury hasn't been upset at there being two Model 3s in the same car park.

Could be Me. I always wave or flash if I see another one in time. See a few Team White around Chester/ Ellesmere
I've used the destination chargers at Cheshire Oaks a few times & parked next to a white on more than one occasion. We're also members of Chester zoo & whenever we use the 8 pod points there's normally at least one white & another colour Model 3 by the time we leave (on one occasion 4 Model 3s & an S).

I only wave for the S and X owners, still believe they are the "early adapters" that appropriate the car (technology) the most.
The 3 owners are mainly buying in Switzerland because car is affordable. They are now blocking all the free chargers at the Ikea etc because they don't want to pay for the electricity.
(The Dutch still see the Tesla as tax benefit, 99.9% have the car registered on the company. Probably only the Dutch people posting on here drive a Tesla because they like the technology)

I only wave for the S and X owners, still believe they are the "early adapters" that appropriate the car (technology) the most.
The 3 owners are mainly buying in Switzerland because car is affordable. They are now blocking all the free chargers at the Ikea etc because they don't want to pay for the electricity.
Well I suppose that backs up the comments made by the gent I met at the supercharger... affordable = people with a different 'status' to him.
(....Probably only the Dutch people posting on here drive a Tesla because they like the technology)
Not true, I have never had the slightest interest in cars but love tech (even at the advanced age of 63!) & that's one of the reasons why I bought a Tesla.

Reactions: Beady3647
who always waves and feels a bit sad when people don't wave back

I have to say that since the advent of the M3 there are a great deal more Teslas on the road. Prior to the launch of the M3 (and for that matter the MX) there were so few Teslas on the road that seeing one was an event in itself. Nowadays I see more each day than I used to see in a month, maybe longer.

I still wave but note that I seldom get a response and it seems that a response only comes from male drivers - not meaning to be sexist as I expect female drivers have other things, such as young passengers, that are more demanding of their attention.